phd method of daytrading

P L E A S E ... No one on this BB is even remotely interested in anyone's pumped up trading plans. Buy Tuesday Sell Thursday? I bought Wed for +100. I bought today and currently +50. I confidently predict next week will be buy Monday and sell Friday.
People always treat with contempt that which they get for free, they see it as of NO VALUE to them. Yet I did take my own advice and have a handsome profit! (+45 Points).
The info that ppl get on this BB that is for free, especially the info I dish out every night as a freebie, has benefited many. That is a fact. I can't think of anyone that would treat this free information with contempt. Of course, there will always be one.... or two.
Take a hint here. Others that have made attempts at trying to punt their wares have ended up as ex-members of this BB.
Your PHD system may well have merit, but until and unless you are prepared to substantiate your claims by some forward postings ( like IndexKing and SunSeeker as an example), no one is going to be interested or take you seriously.

TopIQ,
You will lose your a*se if you buy Mondays sell Thursdays in a bear market.
Oh, sorry, because I said so :cheesy:

CORNY COMMODITIES

Thanks for your comments, your all entitled to your opinions that 's what makes the stock market!

Some of you guys should sell your methods !!!

By the way SELL CORN !!! :cheesy: It's going to be a bumper harvest, plenty of supply, will they ....?

Did I tell you about how much I just made being LONG GOLD :D
Maybe next time.

Happy trading and I hope to see you all on the cover of fortune magazine.

Yet more happy dross.

TopIQ, you remind of a newborn, so happy because its just weaned itself off liquids on to solids.

Ooo and did I compliment you on your inimitable style .. winning enemies and alienating people; impressive!

And of course .. wants to have its face on the cover of Fortune magazine. Sweet.

Hey pal, best wishes and good hunting.

CORN

TOPIQ & JONNY
Thanks for the excellent recommendation on Corn. Just one question. Is there any particular day this should be sold???

Just like your fantastic technical and fundamental analysis on the Dow whereby selling Mondays and Thursdays is the winning combination. To think they pay analysts to predict market direction and all along, its been as simple as sell on Mondays and Thursdays. How stupid we all are. I will advise JPM & Bear Sterns to drop you an email

Keep up the good work and constructive posts

On a more serious note to other traders, thoughts on Elliotwave theory welcome. I have looked at this and various sites and it seems to be quite a predictable piece of analysis. Current prediction is a downwave with indicators looking overbought.

Best wishes
Vimal

S&P500 is still in a trading range which poor old elliot wave theory man doesn't like... but the stock market does move in waves.

I haven't done any technical analysis on corn yet, but I know supply and demand, plenty of supply means low prices are coming soon! But at the moment it's in an uptrend.

Why on earth would ANYONE really sell a system that works? think about it , "system that works". Those last three words. If you had a system that worked, would you really sell it? Would you really run the risk of every nobrainer buying the system and then front running the signals, constantly undercutting each other trying to get in and out before the rest of the followers got in and out???? Would you really sell it for $100 or $1,000 or $10,000 a time? You'd sell it once, for a serious sum of money, and NEVER sell it again. Think about it guys, logically. There is no easy way to making money. Simple.

To paraphrase an old trading quote " How to make money? that's easy give me 5 minutes. I'll teach you that you buy when the market's low, and sell when the markets high. Now give me 5 years, and I'll teach you how to know when the market is low, and when it's high."

Wayno,

I beg to differ, I developed a strategy based on buy high sell even higher and sell low and buy back even lower that returned £4.2M over 18 years from 1984 to 2001 with a starting bank of only £10K and have attached the results on another thread months ago.

The theory being buy strenghth and sell weakness.

Cheers

Paul

I beg to differ aswell,

I have trial versions of two commodity trading systems that have returned over 30% per annum net over 20 years each. They also buy strength and sell weakness.

They both win between 30-40% of the time and are diversified portfolios. When they win they tend to win big.

I also have code for an oscillator called PGO (Pretty Good Oscillator) that trades using a 2 or 3 ATR breakout above a 89 simple MA. Simply exit the trade when the 89 MA is again crossed. It is very simple yet very very effective when combined with money management. i.e. $20,000 to multi-millionaire in < 10 years.

Mail me if you want an spreadsheet.

Will it continue to work? I think so due to the nature of commodities as opposed to indices. All trend following systems tend to work but you need balls of steel to trade them. For example the average annual drawdown for Aberration (a very good system) is nearly the same as the average annual return. At present it's well down this year.

JonnyT

Agree with you Trader 333

"trend is your friend until after the Bend" etc etc

If you are are trading long term postions, anything other than going with the trend is very difficult.

picking the top or bottom in a stock is to try and pick 1 day in say 2-3 years or longer in that stocks trend. What are the odds of doing that ? Like picking the ace of clubs out of a pack, only 10 times worse.

Think there was a quote in Reminecences of a Stock Operator about the money wasted picking tops and bottoms being able to build a highway east to west coast.