personalities

Yep good post mully. I think timing is critical and getting it right is as much to do with psychology as it does with knowledge/experience of market movements. Given time, most people can come up with a profitable trading strategy, but were many fall down is on execution/timing issues, caused by hesitation. Often there is a fine line between caution and hesitation and getting it right is imo one of the biggest factors in determining whether you are successful or not. Good news is that in a lot of cases timing issues related to hesitation can be overcome.

thanks mully and warm-machine

Very informative

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much help it would be following stockpickers in the long run. It is always worth taking on board the views of those with more experience or in somecases an insiders view, but I think your trading would be best served by relying on yourself rather than others, as I don't believe that there are any shortcuts. I don't know how much experience you have with trading, but although it might seem daunting, you need to work out a system that suits you. As you learn, you will build on the experience you have gained and as long as you are sensible and disciplined, you have as much chance of success as anybody taking on trading.

'Don't get hooked on heroes' is possibly one motto that fits several postings above.

In one recent live interview, Zak Mir (whom some seem to think is worth paying newsletter subscriptions to) let slip that he doesn't actually trade. I guess quite a few followers will not resubscribe.

Most of the 'big names' didn't start from the same place as most of us, don't have the same specific financial needs, don't have the same personality weaknesses/strengths, and have longsince reached a position so different from that of any follower as to be largely irrelevant. Their musings and preachings - as many here have noted - are designed to sell a product - which is not what most of us are trying to do. They are in a different business.