Own Up All Spreadbettors Making £1K to £2K per Month at £1 to £2 per Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

bildonone

17 0
rossored

Very interesting reading. are you including finspreads in your comments re SBs, as that was where i was going to start
Bill

rossored

2,103 56
I cant really comment that closely on fins bildonone as I haven't used them. I suspect most of the SB firms have similar "tactics", so perhaps someone else would be more qualified to comment. But my previous comments ref £3k still stand.

You will note of course, that no-one has actually replied to this thread (as yet) and said "Yes I am making £1k-£2k a month spreadbetting". Think that probably speaks for itself, but thats not to say I agree or disagree with the comments made about John's course.

I must say, however, that I seem to be better at scalping than bigger moves, and SB is just no good for that. CM's style tends to go for the bigger moves and SB is probably ok for that, but if you're looking at anything less than about 25pts then imo you will probably get your fingers burnt.

Last edited:

mombasa

Established member
561 1
Hate to say this, but this is rather depressing - nobody is making 1K - 2K ? Or it just that nobody's making that on a £1 stake?

Might as well give it up if no one's making 1K - 2K regardless of stake fullstop.

CM, China (where is China BTW?) - your thoughts would be appreciated.

Henry

177 2
mombasa said:
Hate to say this, but this is rather depressing - nobody is making 1K - 2K ? Or it just that nobody's making that on a £1 stake?

Might as well give it up if no one's making 1K - 2K regardless of stake fullstop.

The trouble with making any sort of claims on this board as to how much one is making from trading, as others have found, is that people are so quick to say they cant be true. Apart from which, I guess many people wouldn't want to talk about how much they earn anyway.

Just because nobody has replied to say they specifically make this amount spreadbetting, I wouldnt take that to mean it isnt being done.

Just my 2 centimes worth :)

H.

Ghost Dog

51 0
I have a small CMC account that I opened a fair while ago, and made all the usual mistakes. I was 40% down, and got it back into profit by being disiplined, so I don't agree that you can't make the losses back.

I'd be the first to admit that I had some luck, in that I caught some good moves, but then again at the start I made some appalling mistakes. And isn't cutting the losses and catching big moves what it's all about when it comes to sb's?

The trouble is now that after trading futures, the stakes seem so small that when using it I'm tempted to over stake, and I can see how people can run into trouble.

Trying to close a £50 per full point S&P bet the other week when one of those dud trades went through on the mini-dow is not an experience I want to repeat...

Finlayson

410 10
I believe the initial thread query was to any people making £1-2K p/month on £1-2 stake, 1 hours work with a SB account..... not to find out what people were making personally in their trading career.

whether u r suited to SB or broker surely depends on your trading style, strategy & personnel choice

Bildonone :

Finspreads r ok but there r better, u can start real small with Fins to get some grounding........once u have some of this u will start to figure out what your trading style might be...........then u can figure out what will suit u

your success will be down to u & your strategy at the end of the day

stoploss please

Established member
780 10
Tradindex have virtual accounts were you can practice strategy without losing your hard earned money. However, you have to convince yourself that the virtual money is real otherwise you lose some of the edge.

Felix

19 0
I see that nobody has come forward and said they can make this kind on money even though there are over 4000 members. Someone said that people wouldn’t want others to know how much they earn but to not get a single person saying it can be done doesn’t look good does it.

Felix

Finlayson

410 10
Felix

r u now refering back to the original question of £2k 0n a £1-2 stake or searching for confirmation of possible earnings from trading as a career. ??

spreadbet

88 0
To make that £1000pm from £2 - £3 bets for one hours work per day is not feasible unless the market is in a massive impulsive move and the trade is a swing trade. Even then the chances are remote as this would require a move of over 500pts + spread at £2 per point if trading the Dow Index. As we are all aware this just does not happen month on month.

If this money is to be made from trading individual stocks then that requires more than one hour per day analysis.

Cheers

spreadbet

Felix

19 0
Jayge

I don’t doubt you can make a living by Spreadbetting but not as was said above.

Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock