How to easily make 1000 % per Year !

Do u reallly believe there is better method than trend trading?If yes please describe some details?

My beliefs don't really come into this. I was just asking BSD about this:
That said basically only two ways to trade directionaly anyway,

To my (perhaps rather literal) mind, the statement above suggests that there are also non-directional ways to trade (or that the person who made that statement (BSD) believes that there are.

As it happens, there are of course other ways to trade which are not trend-trading.
It is not for me to say whether they are better or not.

I think trend trading can be superb when you get it right, but it's not as easy as some people may think, and there are alternatives.

If you guys cannot get at least 50% of your trades right, how do you make money at all?

Markus,

What are people who are not trading directionally doing (or how would you describe what they are doing, and I presume this can be many different ways too).

(Serious question).

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

spread or arbitrage trading spring to mind, where you're betting on relationships between inter or intra market related financial products realigning again if they're momentarily out of whack.

Eg stuff like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-Term_Capital_Management#Trading_strategies

Spread trading doesn't have to end up like it did with LTCM of course hehe.

:LOL:

Or if you data mine historical price patterns what I guess some of the quant funds are doing, eg if historically we had this eg money supply situation, 7 times out ten bond prices reacted like this kinda stuff.

BSD

Here is a treat of a chart.Can you see a clear 60 pips profit trades for today, on just one instrument.There were all together one hundred points on oil,gas oil and dax .It is all possible

Absolutely !

:)

Btw, tradermike.com you quoted up there, I often read his blog, he has some really excellent stuff there.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Or if you data mine historical price patterns what I guess some of the quant funds are doing, eg if historically we had this eg money supply situation, 7 times out ten bond prices reacted like this kinda stuff.

Btw, tradermike.com you quoted up there, I often read his blog, he has some really excellent stuff there.

I just looked at his site in detail, some really good stuff worth reading.

There is no secret in making 1,000 % , just a knowledge of reading the markets from the charts AND APPLYING THEM.Candlesticks tell you market sentiment and pulse .The secret of making 1,000 % is in these links.

Here are just a few gems of knowledge.The guy's talk sounds like a real trader's site.

http://tradermike.net/2006/10/narrow_range_bars_range_contraction/

http://tradermike.net/

http://tradermike.net/2004/05/trading_101_trading_for_dummies/

Look for strong trends with momentum and confirmed breakouts/trends, then look for an opportunity.These are a few of the rules to follow.Always trade with the trend.

http://www.chartpattern.com/10_golden_rules.html

And here are 22 rules to obey

http://www.dacharts.com/articles/_22rulestrading.htm

Candles are extremely useful.Look for multiple confirmations from candles,chart patterns and support and resistance indicators.

http://www.candlestickgenius.com/introduction_to_candlestick_patterns_3.html

Use these chart patterns and look for breakouts out of these patterns , confirmed by momentum and other indicators.

http://www.chartpattern.com/flags_pennants.html

Have a nice weekend , hopefully this post will keep you all busy and out of mischief.:LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
By ensuring that the winners are considerably greater than the losers?

most trader getting less than 50 % are counter trend guerillas, becoming trend traders ?
Trading against trend or support and resistance , within a range gives <50%.

If eight or ten people place their hands on your head and push you down, your knees will buckle no matter how strong you are. The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you. Crowds have the power to create trends. Never buck a trend. If a trend is up, you should only buy or stand aside. Never sell short because "prices are too high" -- never argue with the crowd. You do not have to run with the crowd -- but you should never run against it.

If eight or ten people place their hands on your head and push you down, your knees will buckle no matter how strong you are. The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you. Crowds have the power to create trends. Never buck a trend. If a trend is up, you should only buy or stand aside. Never sell short because "prices are too high" -- never argue with the crowd. You do not have to run with the crowd -- but you should never run against it.

:-0 I don't think I've ever agreed with you before...nurse, meds...!! ;)

BSD, good to see you're back buddy and being positive *can do*, gets a bit depressing on 'ere listening to so many can't/won't do's...:)

most trader getting less than 50 % are counter trend guerillas, becoming trend traders ?
Trading against trend or support and resistance , within a range gives <50%.

Thats Elder isnt it ?

BSD, good to see you're back buddy and being positive *can do*, gets a bit depressing on 'ere listening to so many can't/won't do's...:)

Yes. At least BSD posts charts, links etc to support his musings. Sadly this site has a declining number of informative posters and more bluster from windbags who get huffy if you ask them for evidence to back up their scribblings:)

Thats Elder isnt it ?

Yup

It was from trader mike site.

The guys trading between support and resistance , have limited reward ratio whereas the guys trading trends have far greater reward ratios.The s/r trader has a maximum potential of the resistance level or the support level.The trend trader can get really big winners and often reward ratios of 10 to 20 times risk on on some trades.

Yes. At least BSD posts charts, links etc to support his musings. Sadly this site has a declining number of informative posters and more bluster from windbags who get huffy if you ask them for evidence to back up their scribblings:)

I saw those charts of his in 3d:LOL:

Don't do yourself down Neil, if you feel the need to throw up a few 'pro-line' line charts (with MAs) when *cheering on* the likes of 50 pips you go for it ...;)

Hi there Black Swan, good to be back. :)

And yup, what'd life be if one couldn't believe that one can achieve something, how depressing would that be if one went through this journey thinking one were a victim of outside circumstances one couldn't influence.

That'd be quite a nightmare.

:eek:

Hi Neil, good to see you and Claudia made up again :))))

But now I'm back, and she's gone again ???

Good points re trend R/R oildaytrader.

That's actually one reason I didn't talk about methods much here, a method - provided you have one with a positive expectancy, however that may be skewed with endless possibilities of hit rate and R/R mixes - just means you'll be net profitable over time.

But that won't tell you if you'll end up making 10, 100 or a 1000% per month or year or whatever.

Of course you need a method with an edge, but beyond that the main determinant of your income is going to be position sizing.

I had this on file, unfortunately without a link, but still a good inspiring read about Paul Rotter:

"Is eight figures a realistic goal? It has been done by private own account traders for years. Paul Rotter from Germany, 32 years old, is one trader that has made �50-60+ million ($65-78 million) per year for 10 years trading the most liquid contracts at the biggest futures exchange in the world, Frankfurts Eurex debt futures, primarily the Bund contract.

In 2003 I received an email from a former Man Financial broker in London who said, "One of our private customers has been the highest volume trader on Eurex for the last 8 years. He trades approx 3 million lots a month and makes himself �50 million a year, which he has apparently been doing for the last 10 years." In 2004 I learned that it is Paul Rotter. He is notoriously called "the flipper".

The bottom line is there are other traders, we never hear about, making 8 figure profits. If Rotter's trading style did not attract attention then we would have never heard of him. If Rotter and others can do it, then maybe you can to. Remember, trading is very risky and you will lose all your money if you do not know what you are doing and when to do it. So please do not trade unless you are ready and willing to accept and take personal responsibility for the outcome.

In January 1998, Kinski, Rotter and some other traders formed a Dublin-based prop-trading firm, Greenhouse Capital Management.

Rotter's balls-to-the-wall modus operandi helped Greenhouse prosper, but not without some tense moments. The firm began life with $1.3 million in seed capital and featured, in addition to Kinski and Rotter, two other standout own-accounters, Pino Curcio and Florian Albrecht, the latter one of Rotter's closes boyhood pals. As a unit, they worked well together, though Rotter was clearly the star. "It was do or die," Kinski recalls. "We knew Paul would have these large positions -- in one day we could have been out of business."

By the end of its first day, Greenhouse was up $526,000. Within three months the firm had made $6.5 million, though not without ruffling some feathers. "Paul has sometimes played a controversial role," Kinski acknowledges. "Some traders didn't like him because he was changing his position so quickly." In 2001, Rotter formed Rotter Invest and eventually moved his operations to Zug, Switzerland, an affluent town that's home to its share of traders."

Starting out I met a guy at a German board who actually started trading with him at the then Midas Trading House, they were all scalpers there doing hundreds of round turns per day. Midas eventually had to close down because the managers at the Salzburg office had conveniently "forgotten" to pay taxes at their Austrian branch where Rotter had traded for some time. When this happened he had already left Midas though and started trading for himself.

Anyway, just goes to show once again that one heck of a lot of things are feasible if you concentrate and believe in yourself.

Oh yes, another success story with a proven track record to back that up is Tony Oz who wrote a book documenting his real money real trades with a US$ 50K account throughout an entire month, he only went long even though that was the beginning of the 2000 bear market, had a hit rate of 69%, average winners of $1266, average losers of $321, and ended the month up 56% even though he didn't compound, that is he traded the entire month with the same position sizes.

http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Trader-Living-Trading-Stocks/dp/0967943507

Things are possible. You just need an edge which honestly isn't rocket science, self confidence, concentration and discipline.

Hi there Black Swan, good to be back. :)

And yup, what'd life be if one couldn't believe that one can achieve something, how depressing would that be if one went through this journey thinking one were a victim of outside circumstances one couldn't influence.

That'd be quite a nightmare.

:eek:

That's actually one reason I didn't talk about methods much here, a method - provided you have one with a positive expectancy, however that may be skewed with endless possibilities of hit rate and R/R mixes - just means you'll be net profitable over time.

But that won't tell you if you'll end up making 10, 100 or a 1000% per month or year or whatever.

Of course you need a method with an edge, but beyond that the main determinant of your income is going to be position sizing.

Anyway, just goes to show once again that one heck of a lot of things are feasible if you concentrate and believe in yourself.

Oh yes, another success story with a proven track record to back that up is Tony Oz who wrote a book documenting his real money real trades with a US$ 50K account throughout an entire month, he only went long even though that was the beginning of the 2000 bear market, had a hit rate of 69%, average winners of $1266, average losers of $321, and ended the month up 56% even though he didn't compound, that is he traded the entire month with the same position sizes.
http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Trader-Living-Trading-Stocks/dp/0967943507

Things are possible. You just need an edge which honestly isn't rocket science, self confidence, concentration and discipline.

Good points...

Attachments

• Bull fighting cartoon.JPG
    Bull fighting cartoon.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 295