options in oil

tmtrader

does anyone know any brokers who offer cal/put options in oil over a period of 1 or days specified by the option purchaser? or upto a maximum of a month, again the dates specified by the purchaser?

tmtrader said:
does anyone know any brokers who offer cal/put options in oil over a period of 1 or days specified by the option purchaser? or upto a maximum of a month, again the dates specified by the purchaser?

You want an OTC oil options???? You gonna be doing size????

Options in Oil

tmtrader said:

I can suggest a few people/places to do tailor-made energy options like you speak of, but unless you are a corporate entityt, with a credit rating, there is no place for you to deal. NYMEX does a lot more of the standardized OTC options, but nothing with flexible expiry.

If its a strip of one day expiry options, its possible...but they are really the preserve of the gas and power industry.

than you all for your replies- Nymex is probably what i am looking for.
What about indicative prices, even previous days for getting an idea?

tmtrader said:
than you all for your replies- Nymex is probably what i am looking for.
What about indicative prices, even previous days for getting an idea?

Wall Street Journal, or do a search for Platt's (may have something).
Hope you want more than an 'idea' when you take a position ... dodgy in the Middle East

NYMEX have a full listing of the option closing prices,

Take a look at Theoiltrader.com too , im considering taking the trial.

I think over the next few weeks oil is going to be the most volatile market to make ( or lose) money on.