Open $2000 Futures Account?

trader619

Hello,

I called multiple brokers (Etrade, TD Ameritrade, IB) regarding about possibly opening account with $2000 and all of them said that I needed $10K in order to trade futures. Is there any other option available? I'm interested in trading emini SP500.

Do you have any opinion on AMP trading for futures?

Hello,

I called multiple brokers (Etrade, TD Ameritrade, IB) regarding about possibly opening account with $2000 and all of them said that I needed $10K in order to trade futures. Is there any other option available?

Hi trader619,
Welcome to T2W.

I suggest you try a bespoke futures broker. AMP fits the bill and I don't recall hearing anything bad about them - so they're worth considering. I always recommend Infinity Futures - who I was with a few years back and, IMO, they're excellent. $2k might be a bit light for a new account, but I imagine you could open one with $5k. That said, many brokers have changed their margin requirements since the SNB fiasco in January. Certainly, $2k won't give you much margin for error and your stops will need to be super tight.
Tim.

Hi trader619,
Welcome to T2W.

I suggest you try a bespoke futures broker. AMP fits the bill and I don't recall hearing anything bad about them - so they're worth considering. I always recommend Infinity Futures - who I was with a few years back and, IMO, they're excellent. $2k might be a bit light for a new account, but I imagine you could open one with $5k. That said, many brokers have changed their margin requirements since the SNB fiasco in January. Certainly, $2k won't give you much margin for error and your stops will need to be super tight.
Tim.

I can't seems to locate website for bespoke future. Do you have their website?

Right now, I don't have $5k

Last edited:
I'd suggest you wait a bit longer and build up some funds.

The industry minimum for futures is usually around the 10k mark to allow for initial pnl swings which is inevitable when you're new to the markets.

This is especially the case if you're trading DMA through a clearing house. Seeing as the minimum contract size on emini s&P futures markets sits around the $12 mark. It doesn't take a genius to see that a few bad trades over the course of a month will wipe your 2000 away rather quickly, especially with the volatility you get on this market.

If you really in must trade these markets I do suggest you go into CFD's or really wait until you have 10k, because you're asking to lose it diving in with such little margin

Good luck!

It depends on the margin as well. NinjaTrader's account minimum is $1K. But a contract like crude oil is $1K, which leaves you with no room. $2K account could be pushing it even on $500 margin products like /ES.

I can't seems to locate website for bespoke future. Do you have their website?
There's isn't one! I mean any broker whose business is derived from offering futures markets and instruments. AMP and Infinity Futures are both examples of 'bespoke' futures brokers.

Try contacting cannontrading (https://www.cannontrading.com/). They are focus on trading futures.

As for starting capital, please make sure you are well capitalized to trade futures. It will give you some room to survive drawdown periods.

Hello,

I called multiple brokers (Etrade, TD Ameritrade, IB) regarding about possibly opening account with $2000 and all of them said that I needed $10K in order to trade futures. Is there any other option available? I'm interested in trading emini SP500.