Only Price and Time as Indicators

Could you withdraw that remark please

I now know who you are - so can gladly get you banned at any time

However you are entertaining - but I will leave it with you if you would like to carry on as your nic

Thank you

Regards

F

Are you going to tell the mods how to do their job again?

If you're going to consider volume data in contracts you need to consider open interest as well. While my view on non-transaction based volume data is that it is next to useless, if you're going to use it, add the extra dimension that OI provides.

I disagree - certainly intraday, you do not need much more than the volume traded at each price in order to trade.

That includes price charts - not really necessary on thicker markets for sure. On thinner markets with more intraday swings, then assessing where people may be offside is trickier with just a volume profile.

I would like to stay here to at least when I retire - ie approx 3 yrs time

I hope you will stay as well Pietersteidelmayer - as i can then show you how to trade forex

Off to get my beauty sleep

Regards

F

absolut unmöglich

In FX trading - Price - Time and Price structure are more important than just volume

Volume will normally be at high during the first 60 -90 mins of any market open and off course should peak when the UK and European sessions overlap with the first 2 hrs of the US market

As with everything connected with trading nothing is 100% and volumes can be manipulated by the liquidity provider(s) and even hidden through dark pools and unregulated access to the market.

I can scalp and be as accurate with my entries and trades as "anyone" and volume alone is not at the top of my list of "clues" for entries to any particular FX pair.

I will also say my definition of price structure might be different to the text books and traditional theory - but it works for me - so that's all that really counts ;-)

Regards

F

I don't see why you made that comment since you cant get volume data for spot FX anyway ....

Agree level 2 order data is of no real use on a FX platform

FX as you know is unregulated and therefore all the info you can get might only be part of the story anyway

So that's why I said it - Its not a major clue for me in FX trading

Also - you don't have to have a buy order match a sell order in FX in order to trade as stated the other day by someone ?

Here's exactly what I do - a live interview from today just after 10:30 - looking at what is going on and what is likely to happen.

That should explain the various volume aspects I use - swing volume & volume @ price.