Explanation of trading price on emini S&P?

BrianNC

Could someone explain to me a method of trading price on the emini S&P using I assume support and resistance from the overnight numbers from what I have read? I see where some just trade price, no indicators, and would like to know how to do it. What are the triggers for taking the trade as the price reaches the pre-determined levels when using only price and no indicators? How does one come up with the resistance/support levels for the overnight numbers? Is it from the time the market closes in the afternoon until it opens the next morning?

First of all, I hope you realise that there is a lot more to trading than finding S/R levels and trading them. If you would like to know more send me a message, but please don't go trading anything just yet,

Scott

Could someone explain to me a method of trading price on the emini S&P using I assume support and resistance from the overnight numbers from what I have read? I see where some just trade price, no indicators, and would like to know how to do it. What are the triggers for taking the trade as the price reaches the pre-determined levels when using only price and no indicators? How does one come up with the resistance/support levels for the overnight numbers? Is it from the time the market closes in the afternoon until it opens the next morning?
Not sure what you mean by just trading on price - you might want to try event driven trading.. no technicals just trading on breaking news.

First of all, I hope you realise that there is a lot more to trading than finding S/R levels and trading them. If you would like to know more send me a message, but please don't go trading anything just yet,

Scott

I was going to send you a PM but you don't have it enabled.

Not sure what you mean by just trading on price - you might want to try event driven trading.. no technicals just trading on breaking news.

By price I mean price action alone by identifying levels of s/p and trading breakouts, etc.

Me neither, any ideas how we get that? Maybe they give you it if you have been a member for a while.
Scott
Guys,
Click on Edit Options under the 'Options & Settings' heading in your User CP. You'll then need to check the appropriate boxes in the PM section - see attachment.
Tim.

Attachments

• PM Settings.jpg
    PM Settings.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 365
Guys,
Click on Edit Options under the 'Options & Settings' heading in your User CP. You'll then need to check the appropriate boxes in the PM section - see attachment.
Tim.

I don't seem to have that option available, only 'Recieve emails from other members'

Scott

I don't seem to have that option available, only 'Recieve emails from other members'

Scott
Hi Scott,
. . .In which case you'll get the box in this attachment. Just make sure that 'Enable Visitor Messaging' is checked and then you'll be on your way!
Tim.

Attachments

• PM Settings2.jpg
    PM Settings2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 255