only in City index ??

XxRamboPLxX

hi guys

in my last month i was making alot of money by scalpin i was shoosing good -
movement us stocks and strated to scalpe it was terrific(y) tell this week
:( started to get treated differently. it reached a point where orders were taking almost a minute to get processed and orders were being refused based on price movements within that time. i know that SB providers don't like scalpers but this how i work big stakes + 1-2 min in and out

all i'm asking is this treatment only from my broker or not (City index)

P.s : i was trading equities with Colmex in the same way but never got troubles i changed to SB because i lost 20 000$ in Sport betting:cry:

Last edited:
hi guys

:( started to get treated differently. it reached a point where orders were taking almost a minute to get processed and orders were being refused based on price movements within that time. i know that SB providers don't like scalpers but this how i work big stakes + 1-2 min in and out

P.s : i was trading equities with Colmex in the same way but never got troubles i changed to SB because i lost 20 000$ in Sport betting:cry:

Ouch!

Have you looked at CFDs? It’s not exempt from cap gains tax, but you can find providers who give you direct market access so no chance of re-quotes etc. Scalpers are welcome on the ‘real market’!

75% of something is better than 100% of nothing, eh?

yes i know DMA is good to scalpers but only if you have big Big BIG capital
i will tray CFDs

Thanks

Scalping on a market maker is massively frowned upon, and can be a breach of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up.
One person reported that Plus500 actually wouldn't pay out when someone scalped with them.

i think Plus500 have NDD

They are, but NDD isn't the same as having direct market access.

NDD just means they will never use manual execution, all deals go straight onto their books as soon as you push the button. It doesn't mean they mirror your trade in the underlying.

LOL @ "Give IG Index a try?"

Well lol @ SB but they are the best available , a try wont hurt , IG is reportedly bit tolerant for winners , look at Doom he made 100K quids with them in 2 days no problems .

@ tar

Of course IG are the best around. I cherish 'em these days too. But, I'm no scalper. And it was only a LOL for me, because you seem to be advising a self-confessed scalper to join IG Index instead of taking the (...surely more sensible) DMA route, which others have suggested.

Last edited:
As i understand he wants to SB , he is looking now at FXCM , that's why i suggested IG , but ofcorse DMA is better if he doesn't mind , and to quit scalping is even better and better :cheesy:

Cheers

yes i know DMA is good to scalpers but only if you have big Big BIG capital
i will tray CFDs

Thanks

Good idea.

Depends what you define as ‘big’ – in my experience, anything over £10k account is optimum for DMA and scalping. Less is still viable , but charges higher.

Perhaps also look for hybrid pricing over different exchanges, BATs, Turquoise, LSE etc. Sometimes, I’ve found 0 spreads on the underlying market!

Scalping on a market maker is massively frowned upon, and can be a breach of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up.
One person reported that Plus500 actually wouldn't pay out when someone scalped with them.

That’s shocking!

I think if they’re providing a price, they should honour it, no matter what your strategy.

If their systems can’t handle it/hedge quickly enough, it’s their problem IMO.

i have the same experience

hi guys

my friend imy account just recently closed with gftuk and they are the same ,when they notice me making money more than i lose they decide to close my account
they are all of the same because the fund going from their own pockets and that doesn't suit them
they are open this business for losers because 85%of clients los and that why their business running

my friend imy account just recently closed with gftuk and they are the same ,when they notice me making money more than i lose they decide to close my account
they are all of the same because the fund going from their own pockets and that doesn't suit them
they are open this business for losers because 85%of clients los and that why their business running

Hi , as i recall yours was a binary account , right ?

That’s shocking!

I think if they’re providing a price, they should honour it, no matter what your strategy.

If their systems can’t handle it/hedge quickly enough, it’s their problem IMO.

Its their way of running their business. If you don't like it open an account with one of the other hundred providers. If you sign the customer agreement without reading it or understanding it then that's your fault not theirs.

They are, but NDD isn't the same as having direct market access.

NDD just means they will never use manual execution, all deals go straight onto their books as soon as you push the button. It doesn't mean they mirror your trade in the underlying.

It doesn't just mean that. Yes, you're correct that manual execution is not used by the s/b firms risk managers/traders but that doesn't necessarily mean your trade will sit on their B book. NDD simply means there is no dealer intervention, some brokers will hedge your trade 1 for 1 in the market and capture fraction of pips on EVERY deal whilst some brokers will let your trades form part of their risk and run it until their risk limits are exceeded and they need to hedge that excess exposure.

NDD is the way to go. I believe IG have the capability now of auto hedging their more successful scalpers which on the face of it sounds bad, but actually its not. Previously those same scalpers would have been on dealer alert and a manual check against the underlying or a hedge would have needed to take place before the trade attempt was accepted (or rejected). At least with auto hedge a deal will be done quickly (or rejected instantly if it fails tolerance)

It all comes back to the same argument.. spreadbet firms, market makers, cfd companies, ECN, multi bank portals... they all dislike scalpers that make money (they love the rubbish ones though :) ) but their attitude is changing from making it so difficult for these clients to make money to actually trying to find a way where they can both make money. A trader should want his broker to be able to profit from him somehow otherwise it isn't going to be much of a relationship at all.

Yeah, I’ve heard this before. I would stick to a DMA provider – I don’t mind paying commission as long as I know I’m working against a real market.

Its their way of running their business. If you don't like it open an account with one of the other hundred providers. If you sign the customer agreement without reading it or understanding it then that's your fault not theirs.

Really? It's my fault :cheesy::LOL: