Online Charting

Dave1971

I am stuck behind a firewall at work (that I have no way of re-configuring or disabling) and would like to know if anyone can direct me to a website with decent live charts than don't get blocked by a firewall.

It would need to be a website, rather than software download, because I would be barred from installing new software on the office network. :rolleyes:

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Dave

Dave1971 said:
I am stuck behind a firewall at work (that I have no way of re-configuring or disabling) and would like to know if anyone can direct me to a website with decent live charts than don't get blocked by a firewall.

It would need to be a website, rather than software download, because I would be barred from installing new software on the office network. :rolleyes:

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

The only one I use when at work is www.bigcharts.com. not sure if there is a delay on this or not, still a debate about it, have tried to contact bigcharts but have never had a reply.

Anyway hope you like the charts :)

If you`re after US stocks/indices/e-minis, then Swingtracker might fit your needs. It has both EOD and intraday charts, with most of the usual indicators/lines, scanning, and watchlists. Further details at www.swingtracker.com .

Thnaks for the quick replies.

Looked at Bigcharts before which are good and will give live (or very near) charts, but they are static. I am looking for a scrolling or auto refreshing chart so I can follow price action without constantly reloading the chart.

I know Lycos do one for some of the major US indicies, but I have used them before and it keeps locking up or losing its data feed connection and the whole site has to be reloaded.

Dave

Thanks Tradertim

This is a good site, and reasonably priced too. Unless I am not looking right they don't cover forex though, you don't happen to know a similar web based service for forex do you?

Sorry to be a pain :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

I don`t follow Forex, but if you click on the "futures" quotes link (at bottom of homepage), Prophet.net do show a list of currencies which presumably can be charted.

MarketCenter, one of our offerings from eSignal, has real-time Forex quotes and charts available, and it will poke it's way through a firewall. It's powered by the GTIS data feed, which is a composite foreign exchange feed from hundreds of contributing banks. Here's an example of what it looks like.

MCForexExample.png

Last edited:
One other item you may want to consider is QuoTrek. If you own or plan on owning a PDA, you can get real-time streaming Forex quotes and charts on your handheld, and MarketCenter is included with that subscription.

Thanks JayF

This would be just what I need but I am a little concerned that the website states it is 100% Java based, and I have been unable to run any Java applications at work before now.

I n my strict circumstances do you think it may still be possible to run streaming charts from behind the firewall. (Acknowledged that you can't give 100% accurate advice without knowing my network configuration)

Dave

Hi Dave - I use prorealtime.com - no probs with firewall - it is java based but it ran first time for me, whereas other java based stuff won't work here. It'll cost approx 100 quid for 3 months. They give you a week evaluation first to see if you like their data. The back-test/strategy stuff is good too.

Doesn't do ftse though (like watching paint dry anyway :)) and currently no volumes on the dow, but most currency pairs are available - I would recommend them.

Regards,
Steve

Dave,

Hard to say for sure as port 80 might be going through some kind of proxy server that is monitoring inbound and outbound connections and may block our data, but I can say with confidence that it is very likely to work. We even give a month free to try it out.