Wanted - Real time charting package

Minder

Hi

No luck. I recently opened a deal4free spreadbet account. I got the MarketMaker DVD in the post and installed it on my pc, works great at home.

I am learning to trade the dow, and as I am at work or travelling home for much of the trading day, I tried to install the software on my pc at work. Doesn't work at all. Corporate firewall.

The problem is I don't want to draw attention to my internet usage at work by asking the network administartors to grant me access. :eek: It is not that I spend all day trading, but a low profile is preferred.

The useful bit, for me, on marketmaker is the realtime charting software which comes free with the account.

So I am looking for an alternative. Just a simple realtime charting package. No system generated signals, no integrated trading platform, just a simple charting package.

Does such a thing exist ?

Last edited:
Don't know if your aware but there is a very basic/poor charting package with the online version of the spreadbet software.

http://www.deal4free.com/spreadbet/home.jsp bottom left of screen "Live Logon"

Its not great but.. it will let you trade.

Minder said:
Hi

No luck. I recently opened a deal4free spreadbet account. I got the MarketMaker DVD in the post and installed it on my pc, works great at home.

I am learning to trade the dow, and as I am at work or travelling home for much of the trading day, I tried to install the software on my pc at work. Doesn't work at all. Corporate firewall.

The problem is I don't want to draw attention to my internet usage at work by asking the network administartors to grant me access. :eek: It is not that I spend all day trading, but a low profile is preferred.

The useful bit, for me, on marketmaker is the realtime charting software which comes free with the account.

So I am looking for an alternative. Just a simple realtime charting package. No system generated signals, no integrated trading platform, just a simple charting package.

Does such a thing exist ?

Thanks for the responses.

I checked the ADVFN site. They have a good selection of studies available for application to charts, but the edit facility is restricted.

I am having the same problems with the D4F live login screen as I have with marketmaker.

QuoteTracker looks interesting but the data does not originate with them, instead it is grabbed from any number of free or subscription sites. With the subscription sites, the user must have an account to allow QT to grab the data. I need to research that one some more.

ProRealTime is supplied (I think) by the same people who make MarketMaker - the D4F trading platform, so it looks like a possibility. Bit expensive but the trial period will tell if it is worth the effort.

Thanks again.

you probably need to setup the proxy settings thats all.
look in IE -> tools -> internet options ->connections ->lan settings

you should be able to determine your companies proxy:port

Minder said:
Thanks for the responses.

I checked the ADVFN site. They have a good selection of studies available for application to charts, but the edit facility is restricted.

I am having the same problems with the D4F live login screen as I have with marketmaker.

QuoteTracker looks interesting but the data does not originate with them, instead it is grabbed from any number of free or subscription sites. With the subscription sites, the user must have an account to allow QT to grab the data. I need to research that one some more.

ProRealTime is supplied (I think) by the same people who make MarketMaker - the D4F trading platform, so it looks like a possibility. Bit expensive but the trial period will tell if it is worth the effort.

Thanks again.

Re Prorealtime
I took free trial but had to email to ask for streaming
They emailed back and asked which services i wanted and was connected next day
There are a lot of functions built into the site a good look round essential

SvenFoster said:
you probably need to setup the proxy settings thats all.
look in IE -> tools -> internet options ->connections ->lan settings

you should be able to determine your companies proxy:port

The marketmaker platform uses an 80 port mostly, but sometimes the 1057 port is needed.

My company use an 80 port and as far as I know, the 1057 port can only be opened by the network administrator.

Ho-Hum