Oil is where the money is, so why does fx get all the hype?

Oil, in my opinion is all you need for profitable day trading , so whats up with most traders busying themselves with the usual suspects like Cable FX and Indicies?

Oil offers better and stronger trends (if you know where to look!) and greater opportunities, perhaps its better if we Energy traders keep this to ourselves?

Thanks to all who reply.........:D

there are two ways on the markets. one is for those who can trade and the others... oil-shmoil. your topic doesnt make sense... what do you really want from us?

oh i got it... oil as in snake oil.. yes then... make your pitch.. you can also sell us some vaseline as we are going to probe you annaly.

cyclical market and easy to predict the timing but not direction )))

I think it's best time to trade oil during EU crisis for pure technical trader, since in comparaison to EUR/USD there is no suddent spike in price that make trend following difficult.

At the moment prices are rising due to $OIL companies trying to get as much money out of us before the change..Basically selling as much as possible.. I would not recommend buying $OIL long term..

The OP's comment that it 'trends well' might be true, but he overlooks the fact that most would spend all their time fading that trend. Trade after trade after trade.

Oil, in my opinion is all you need for profitable day trading , so whats up with most traders busying themselves with the usual suspects like Cable FX and Indicies?

Oil offers better and stronger trends (if you know where to look!) and greater opportunities, perhaps its better if we Energy traders keep this to ourselves?

Thanks to all who reply.........:D
I believe in sharing information instead of keeping it to ourselves, let's share info so we all profit and let the bank loose!
hint: take any forex trend following system + pivot point and look at the magick in 15 and 30 minutes charts and trade only when you have a signal in direction of longer term trend.

The crude $OIL prices climbed this week as the International Energy Agency (IEA) criticized the releasing (it's an option, decision is not taken yet) of Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR). $OIL

Most of the traders are well familiar with forex trading with respect to oil trading, on the other hand it can be start with low investment.

As usual my interest was quite academic at first until I first came across some slag and that's when my interest peaked. All that drilling and spillage was just to much for me so I gave up early on my first entry. I went back again after finding that the extraction process seemed simple enough in theory so I entered and then someone started banging on about other costs associated with carriage so I just terminated. I prefer to leave it alone now... far too volatile for me.

Last edited:
i am new to oil trading. appreciate can get references on terms of contagon, backwardation, roll-yield. . . are these terms relevant to present oil market. thanks