Office Chair

wh92stang

Jan 11, 2009
Kentucky
I don't know if this is the right area for this post, but my office chair is ridiculously uncomfortable. I just bought it about 6 months ago, it was about $130 USD, so not a really cheap one. But sitting in it for 8 hours a day with small breaks here and there my butt gets sore... haha. :cry: Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations? I'm willing to spend whatever, as long as the thing is comfortable.

HawkTrader

Feb 14, 2009
Hah, I was just thinking about getting a new chair.

I like the looks of the one Arabianights posted, but the one I have looked like that when I bought it! I paid around £200-£300 but I'm a fairly tall person so my back is resting on the area designed for the neck, and my actual neck just hangs there...

Any other ideas, prefferably a chair withouth arm rests?

Apr 3, 2004
Warwickshire UK
Hi,
Imho $130 will not buy a decent chair,i have a KAB controller executive chair which i am happy sitting in 247 and find it very comfortable.I think i paid approx $750 for it though but money well spent.

Regards
Graham

wh92stang

Jan 11, 2009
Kentucky
I just ordered a Herman Miller Mirra from Amazon. Expensive, but hopefully worth it. Good reviews and I can return it if I don't like it (but I've got to pay for shipping if I send it back). I'll report back once I've sat in it for a little while.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought $130 was a lot considering the range was like $50-$150 at Office Depot, but I guess the best of junk is still junk.

Jack o'Clubs

Sep 7, 2005
Never miss another trade.

Or alternatively, never fear the after-effects of an account-blowing trade going against you.

wackypete2

Sep 24, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks Jack o'Clubs.

I just saw that post and pic and it really made my day! I can remember several times when I could have put it to good use!

Peter

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2008
This is my chair. Got it second hand - the bloke who had it wasn't it using it anymore.

Why? Because I'm worth it.

But sitting in it for 8 hours a day with small breaks here and there my butt gets sore... haha. :cry: Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations? I'm willing to spend whatever, as long as the thing is comfortable.
I used to suffer from the sore butt problem with my old chair. Don't know why for sure, but I think it was probably down to poor posture:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2010
Hey! I’m looking for a very designer like office chair. Can you guys help me?

I heard that CHARLES EAMES chair is the best option to go for and is available at STAPLES CORNER Stores. What do you say guys?:rolleyes: