Trading - Shared office?

ffsear

Guest Author
Hi everyone.

I write this during my lunch hour of my First day back at work in 3 months.

Towards the end of July I got made redundant from my insurance job in the city of London. Rather then go staright back to work, I decided to try and make a living day trading (after spending the last 2 years paper trading).

SO.. I took a small pot of money (£3,000) and started to trade the forex markets with CMC-Markets on a daily basis. I risked a maximum of £200 per trade and after 6 weeks of trading I was £1400 in profit.

Sadly, I had to withdraw my full balance from CMC as I needed the money to cover living expenses. Alas, 2 weeks later, I'm back here in the city of London, at my desk, staring at a single screen computer :sleep:

I really enjoyed my trading experiance and It made me realise that this is what I want to do for a living (trade my own funds) Although I think i'd need around £30,000 as a staring balance.. That way I could pay myself 1,500 a month from the balance and hope to grow my bankroll ( my living expesnse are not too high, no mortage, no kids).

Anyway.... The point is....

As much as I enjoyed trading, I simply could not come to terms with being at home alone all day... At times I just got too bored. So I'm wondering if there are any kind of offices in London desgined for traders, who can rent a desk and be around like minded people.

I've heard and looked into trading arcades, but all the ones I've seen offer clearing options etc etc and operate some kind of profit sharing scheeme. This is not what I'm looking for.

I simply want A desk, A chair, an internet connection, and to be around like minded people who are doing the same thing.

Does anyone know if any such places exist in London?

Chalie

Hi everyone.

I write this during my lunch hour of my First day back at work in 3 months.

Towards the end of July I got made redundant from my insurance job in the city of London. Rather then go staright back to work, I decided to try and make a living day trading (after spending the last 2 years paper trading).

SO.. I took a small pot of money (£3,000) and started to trade the forex markets with CMC-Markets on a daily basis. I risked a maximum of £200 per trade and after 6 weeks of trading I was £1400 in profit.

Sadly, I had to withdraw my full balance from CMC as I needed the money to cover living expenses. Alas, 2 weeks later, I'm back here in the city of London, at my desk, staring at a single screen computer :sleep:

I really enjoyed my trading experiance and It made me realise that this is what I want to do for a living (trade my own funds) Although I think i'd need around £30,000 as a staring balance.. That way I could pay myself 1,500 a month from the balance and hope to grow my bankroll ( my living expesnse are not too high, no mortage, no kids).

Anyway.... The point is....

As much as I enjoyed trading, I simply could not come to terms with being at home alone all day... At times I just got too bored. So I'm wondering if there are any kind of offices in London desgined for traders, who can rent a desk and be around like minded people.

I've heard and looked into trading arcades, but all the ones I've seen offer clearing options etc etc and operate some kind of profit sharing scheeme. This is not what I'm looking for.

I simply want A desk, A chair, an internet connection, and to be around like minded people who are doing the same thing.

Does anyone know if any such places exist in London?

Chalie
If you do decide to work from home, I can help you until you find an office to work from.