Office share in/near SW15, London?

bgold

Established member
I have been looking to set up office away from home for a while. My experience is that what seems to be on offer in/near SW15 tends to be a little to large for a one man operation (300-400ft at about £8-10,000pa) and therefore not exactly cost effective. (Sitting in an office on your own is no fun either, certainly not as good as seeing kids grow up :LOL: )

I am keen to meet/exchange thoughts with like minded people who currently have an office in vicinity or like me are looking for one and might want to share costs and another trader to bounce trading ideas (and perhaps hard/software, etc)?

I am bringing in long term experience in Investment banking incl equities & equity derivatives. I have been trading full time for past 2 1/2 yrs (day trade US SS, futures and swing trade commodities, bonds and FX and a little bit of european equities).
I live in Putney.

I think office share for full-time traders on T2W is a great idea..one of the reasons I am not keen to trade full time (apart from lossing my very good salary!) is that I would hate working on my own from home.

hi,i heard there are some traders who share offices in london..not sure where and in Reading.costs come to about 1,000 pounds a month and that includes cable,dta feed etc.try to browse through moneytec.com.thats where i picked that up some time back.
cheers

cabrito said:
hi,i heard there are some traders who share offices in london..not sure where and in Reading.costs come to about 1,000 pounds a month and that includes cable,dta feed etc.try to browse through moneytec.com.thats where i picked that up some time back.
cheers

Thanks for the tip.
I am currently fully set-up but we essentially (may) need more space in house. I thoroughly enjoy working from home. Very lucky to have an understanding wife and young children who like their father around. And, as I thoroughly enjoy this "job", my experience is that they are not at all distracting. Moving outside therefore is no option if I can't share the place with 1 or more other like minded traders. Most certainly don't want to sit on my own in an office without people in vicinity.
Another aspect is costs. I addition to office space rental etc, I will need to double up on some of equipment such extra PC, some screens and ADSL connection, printer, etc. And don't forget the coffee machine and fridge :LOL: !!

Last edited: