off topic posting issues

TonyBlurgh

mod note - these posts split from
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology/77190-fear-success-holding-you-back.html#post948156

This forum is so chaotic as to make it almost useless. Nearly every thread is hijacked by people making irrelevant posts or stupid jokes or replying to and extending stupid jokes or irrelevant postings.

Moderators are supposed to sort this stuff out...

But wait, NOW we have a T2W staff member joining in, what chance do we have.

This forum is so chaotic as to make it almost useless. Nearly every thread is hijacked by people making irrelevant posts or stupid jokes or replying to and extending stupid jokes or irrelevant postings.

I believe that for a mod to get involve the offending posts would have to be requested for removal by the op (me in this case)

The jokes came so thick and fast that I didn't bother trying to continue the discussion however at least the spurt of posts bumped the thread giving more of the community a chance to view the link which they may find usefall even if the discussion never took off the ground.

I understand your frustration but it has to be accepted as the nature of forums.

All due respect and all that Mr Blurgh, but I notice that while you joined T2W in Dec 2006 you haven't seen fit to make a posting until now, October 2009.

And on only your third posting here you have slammed both the forum and the mods. What contribution have you made in your nearly 3-year membership of this forum to improve the quality of the debate?

Your latest posting rather puts me in mind of some of the stuff I've been reading on a certain other forum which is highly critical of this one and of its mods, the exact reasons for which I do not know but I have my suspicions. You wouldn't be from there by any chance would you? Or have you been here before under another nickname?

In what way was my answer not relevant to the question being asked ? It was honest and to the point and didn't spout reams of nonsense.

Also what do you mean by what chance do you have ?

Paul

In order to answer your question I am forced to indulge in the very thing I am complaining about. So be it.

Your one-word answer to the topic was fatuous in the extreme and deliberately unhelpful to the thread. You knew that at the time and it is disingenuous of you to try and claim that you were contributing to the discussion. You then exacerbated the point by adding yet another irrelevant comment about the exchange rate. This invited several responses, distracting still further from the topic of the thread.

This would be irritating enough if it were done by a normal forum member but for T2W "staff" to do it is totally unacceptable.

I have been trying to use the forum for educational purposes but what chance do I have when in almost every topic I have to wade through useless, asinine, unhelpful, witless and irrelevant posts before getting anywhere.

All due respect and all that Mr Blurgh, but I notice that while you joined T2W in Dec 2006 you haven't seen fit to make a posting until now, October 2009.

And on only your third posting here you have slammed both the forum and the mods. What contribution have you made in your nearly 3-year membership of this forum to improve the quality of the debate?

Your latest posting rather puts me in mind of some of the stuff I've been reading on a certain other forum which is highly critical of this one and of its mods, the exact reasons for which I do not know but I have my suspicions. You wouldn't be from there by any chance would you? Or have you been here before under another nickname?

I am just trying to learn about trading, I don't post because I am not expert enough. Although I can see that doesn't seem to hinder most people.

I don't think the number of posts one makes is a measure of anything.

I was amused by your conspiracy theory but sorry, you are quite wrong there. Is it beyond the realms of possibility for you to consider that I might just have a justifiable complaint?

In order to answer your question I am forced to indulge in the very thing I am complaining about. So be it.

Your one-word answer to the topic was fatuous in the extreme and deliberately unhelpful to the thread. You knew that at the time and it is disingenuous of you to try and claim that you were contributing to the discussion. You then exacerbated the point by adding yet another irrelevant comment about the exchange rate. This invited several responses, distracting still further from the topic of the thread.

This would be irritating enough if it were done by a normal forum member but for T2W "staff" to do it is totally unacceptable.

I have been trying to use the forum for educational purposes but what chance do I have when in almost every topic I have to wade through useless, asinine, unhelpful, witless and irrelevant posts before getting anywhere.

read douglas in the zone if you have too much time, but for me his "No" is enough thou

You are quite right. A few days ago, one of the best posters packed his bags and left precisely for this reason.

I am just trying to learn about trading, I don't post because I am not expert enough. Although I can see that doesn't seem to hinder most people.
Touché!
I don't think the number of posts one makes is a measure of anything.
You are quite right there of course but you have to admit that 2-3 years or whatever it is is quite a long time to go without posting anything, not even a question, during what have been some of the most fascinating market/economic conditions a lot of us can remember.
I was amused by your conspiracy theory but sorry, you are quite wrong there. Is it beyond the realms of possibility for you to consider that I might just have a justifiable complaint?
Well in that case I will have to take you at your word. Perhaps you were just unfortunate in your timing. T2W does seem to have been undergoing a difficult time recently in various ways. Yours was perhaps the first posting I read soon after spending rather too long reading in a certain other place where certain individuals (probably embittered ex-T2W-ers) seem to spend their time not talking about trading, but in criticising T2W, its members and its mods in the most unflattering way. Given that multinicking is an ongoing issue which seems impossible to stamp out, well, I just drew the obvious conclusion, which you now assure me is incorrect.

Justifiable complaint?

Yes and no, I think. Yes there is a lot of dross posted here. No, I don't think the T2W staff member in question was treating the question particularly badly. It was a closed question, to which the answers yes and no are always possible.

Looked at another way, it's one of a range of many possible answers, and rather than somewhat overreacting to that answer, I would have sat back and waited for others, and/or have fleshed out my own ideas on the subject, to try to get the debate going.

It's a bit like democracy - it's the worst system we have....except for all those other systems out there. T2W is a terrible old place ... full of warts and imperfections....worst possible place to discuss trading .... except for all those other terrible places out there (well, one in particular, anyway, no names no pack drill).

Yes, a terrible old place ... now what are YOU (and me, and Paul and Uncle Tom Cobley and all) going to do to make it better? Or would you rather just pack your bags and give up on it?

It's like trading or anything else in life: you get out of it exactly what you put into it.

Just tell him to f--k off. I don't know why people come here if they don't like it. As you said there are plenty of other places and slagging off t2w isn't going to cause a mass exodus. I swear some people place too much importance on forum participation. G to the A to the Y.