October US Equity Trading

MSFT is trading @ 26$..

Do these people ever get it right..?

Attachments

• brokers.jpg
    brokers.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 543
Grey1,

Where has the screenshot you have posted come from and what is the full meaning of this ?

Paul

That's what makes a market, Grey1. It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion, and then stocks would flatline and I'd have to do something else for a living ;-)
Whatever brokers/analysts say they have other motives and in any case price moves on sentiment, as reflected by supply and demand, not some ill defined "value".

paul,

It comes from Yhoo and it means analysts should be looking into a new way of price modelling ..

Mr Chart,

Quote "That's what makes a market, Grey1. It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion
"..

capital asset modelling is not an opinion... but i know what you mean ..

coffee,
I'm impressed! Flabbergasted actually!
You're either
a) someone I've coached
b) an old friend of mine who went to Canada - F. ???
c) a very, very astute individual
d) another friend who adds Tia Maria........

Whichever, email if you want
[email protected]
I'm seriously intrigued.

The answer to your question is that all were on my radar and yes I did trade some of them ;-)))

Mr. C & Naz,
Gentlemen, I'm sure I speak for many when I say that it's great to see your opening and closing positions of trades. One suggestion, if I may: could you NOT say whether you're long or short at the top of the post, i.e. before the chart. That way, it is possible for readers to look at the chart and decide which way you will trade and what the reasons may be in advance of knowing. This info' and the price / time etc. could be put beneath the chart. Some trades are blindingly obvious, others not. I think this would be a minor, but useful - and fun alteration to your posts which might benefit some people. Just a thought!
Tim.

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your kind words.
I think the script defaults to above the chart anyway.
As for the trade time, the majority of charts I post show the time to within a few seconds as I take a trade and then screen dump straight away to a paint package, then convert to .gif for posting.
Best wishes,
Richard

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the words,i'll try,cant say that i promise because sometimes its not the easiest thing to do to take the trade do the screen shot and post it.

Naz

Alan,
I'd love to attend; just a couple of insy winsy little problems to overcome. Now I know that problems are the 'pregnant mothers of solutions' etc., but I can't see a way around these two:
A) A lack of funds. Perhaps you and Richard would like to offer me credit, paid back with interest from trading profits gained as a result of the day's tuition? ;-) ;-) ;-)
B) As well as offering your trading expertise, you would, in my case anyway, need to allocate some time in the day to marriage guidance couseling. My better half, wonderful though she is, would not be amused if I attended. :-(
Suffice to say, I shall be there in spirit and look forward to turning green with envy when I read the flood of posts on these boards saying how mind blowing the day was. Unlike the markets, this is a safe prediction - if ever there was one.
Have a great day,
Tim.

Tim,
You're a cheeky so-and-so! ;-)
Sharky is going to launch a competition with the prize being a free place at the seminar so I suggest you enter 595 times ;-)
Best wishes,
Richard

Boy,

Yes, but it was looking a bit dull :cry: Managed to get +49 out of three trades though :D so not so bad.

Paul

HOW MANY RICH DAYTRADERS DO YOU KNOW?

How many rich daytraders do you know. To all those thinking of taking up trading the Nasdaq over minutes and seconds via level 2 be careful its not for the faint hearted and its no get rich quick plan personally i think its BS.

I have traded the market via direct access with mixed results. But I did learn a great deal about strategy and tactics and I think I'm onto a fool proof strategy baring a 9/11 or a stock market crash . It inolves trading what I see over days, months (not seconds/ minutes) not what I think. Day trading is similar but its not easy to make money over very short time periods. My advice is trade what you see and use longer time periods not mili seconds.
I also have proof of this stock strategy via clearstation.com its tamper proof it shows the exact date and price of trades + all history.

My current strategy would have involved only 4 positions last year short and long. The more you trade the more you lose University research in the US proves it by looking at 1000's of brokerage accounts.

Personally I think Naz and Charts are hyping the course and overcharging if they were making 1000's pounds daytrading would they bother charging + holding a seminar for the masses. I think not they'd be on a yacht somewhere not down at heathrow on saturday trying to extract our last coin. If they were loaded via day trading as they claim why charge 600 squid makes no sense.

"Daytrading in most instances is a get rich quick scheme" do you see Warren Buffet glued to his level 2 "sh1t INTC market maker is on the ask" were doomed. Name me some seriously rich level 2 players who trades over seconds and minutes. Serious wealth comes over months, years.

Re: HOW MANY RICH DAYTRADERS DO YOU KNOW?

Spamula said:
How many rich daytraders do you know.

Me, i'm Rich. ;)

Go and take a look somewhere in the archives on t2w about the level 2 girl making $150,000/month.Wait until etrade come out with some advertising and read about the guy trading over 300 times a day.The guy is brilliant.I worked with him.

Read the course content and you will see that level 2 only plays a small part of the day.Most of the day is chart work.My trading is level 2 and t/a.The trading stratergies that we talk about are all chart based.The chart stratergies i talk about are so slow i've got time to have numerous cups of tea while they set up and get ready to move.

We deliberately tried to tone down any advertising.Other than the course content i had no input into the advertising blurb at all.If they'd let me at it i would have hyped it lot more than that i can assure you. :LOL:

I would like to know this, if i'm daytrading with a sb company.I have a 5c spread in 5c spread out and the usual bias whilst i'm trying to take the trade the move can cost me 20c before i ever make anything.If i was a good trader the sb company would maybe make me wait for up to 2 minutes a re quote as well.

If i took the same trade with a level 2 direct access set up,firstly i dont have to pay any spread at all if i dont want to.If i do the same move would only cost me 2/4c on the round trip.My fills if i hit an ecn would be the fastest that you've ever seen.

I'm going to give this challenge.Any detractor is willing to bring a sb set up and put it next to my level 2 access trading platform.Trade a US stock with it,make the call and i'll take the same move with my level 2 screen so that they can see how quick and how much i can save in the move.

Many on the board daytrade.This course will show that if you want to do that style of trading maybe 5 times a day this course will show a stratergy,how to use the charts and a small peice on how you might want to take the trade.

It deals in facts and not negative hype.

Last edited: