Noxa indicators for Neuroshell

Here is my recent study result.. Based on how long we require time to establish and analyze the SSA result we can decide the trading time. Personally, I prefer to use SSA on longer period.

Any comments or support are appreciated

Attachments

• Impact SSA repaint to trading strategy.pdf
    961.7 KB · Views: 1,330
Hi arryex,

Thanks a lot for your message. I read all your study reports in this thread with big interest.
Do you compare your own SSA decomposition calculations with Noxa ones from the point of view of the repainting magnitude?
Frankly speaking, I believe there is some way to eliminate or at least diminish the SSA repainting - and the Noxa guys know it. What do you think about it?

My previous articles shown that Noxa cycle is also reprinted for new data.
Noxa stated to use causality term related with his indicators, probably this related with unavailability of data. I am not sure this one is related with repainting issue.
To be frank, do you have Noxa or not? Noxa using lissajeous to define the parameter, trading strategy may not be found using NST optimization, most of time manual setting is applied.
I will post in next few days about impact new data on Noxa trading strategy.

strategi trading N.N

I can only share in world trade that had me try if you want a variety of strategies I have and maybe you can use in the NN

Attachments

• n.n.jpg
    n.n.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 591
Hi Don,

Please show also the Trading Rule's input that you are using, example for Long Entry. See attached sample.

Thanks

Attachments

• qphase ts input.png
    qphase ts input.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 584
Too good to be true to see this chart...

To avoid unavailability the future data for SSA calculation, I plan to use predicted price as input for the SSA...probably it can display predicted SSA..

Attachments

• eurusd15mssa1.png
    eurusd15mssa1.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 587
  • eurusd15mssa2.png
    eurusd15mssa2.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 424
  • eurusd15mssa3.png
    eurusd15mssa3.png
    24 KB · Views: 422
Noxa stated to use causality term related with his indicators, probably this related with unavailability of data. I am not sure this one is related with repainting issue.
To be frank, do you have Noxa or not? Noxa using lissajeous to define the parameter, trading strategy may not be found using NST optimization, most of time manual setting is applied.

Interesting discussion.

I can tell, CSSA doesnt repaint. For that set the training range to other than the value by default. Set it to less than the number of bars in your chart therefore there is no new training of the indicator when you receive a new bar. Try it. You will see it does not repaint.

Oh I see. maybe you meant The Noxa SSA? this one you can get free on their website? This one repaints because it is not causal. But their Noxa CSSA does not repaint. I don't know how they do it.

Hi 0Cabot,

You are right, Noxa SSA is also repainted as other SSA.
I verified that Noxa CSSA is not repainted.. one remaining issue is how to add causality on SSA..

Attachments

• Noxa CSSA is Not Repainted.pdf
    669.7 KB · Views: 1,202
very nice ..... if I apply my permission ... trading in my work .... and I would use ....
indonesianya mana yah.... ?

Asli orang Sunda (Bandung) tinggal di Bpn kaltim:cheesy:

I am very happy to be friends with you .... originating from one country .... get on with it ... I asked ... if until now you still ... using n.n if I may more closely ... This addresses my emai: *************** me so interested in your strategy, I live in central java-cilacap

Last edited:
Hi Don,

Better not display your email address here, otherwise your inbox will be full of spam message.
Please send me a private message instead.

Hi,

I just read the explanation how Noxa build the causal on SSA.

Check on the help: There are crude ways to make SSA cycles causal:
· the easiest way would be to lag the cycle by m-histories,
· Another way would be to "re-run" the entire SSA calculation in a rolling window, adding one bar each time (end-point version).

I did the similar steps..see here the result on my own SSA trend. All the values within train bars are kept. Now My SSA will not change after new bars coming:smart:

Attachments

• Create a Causal SSA.png
    Create a Causal SSA.png
    44 KB · Views: 944
Hi,

I just read the explanation how Noxa build the causal on SSA.

Check on the help: There are crude ways to make SSA cycles causal:
· the easiest way would be to lag the cycle by m-histories,
· Another way would be to "re-run" the entire SSA calculation in a rolling window, adding one bar each time (end-point version).

I did the similar steps..see here the result on my own SSA trend. All the values within train bars are kept. Now My SSA will not change after new bars coming:smart:

But they wrote bellow:)
"However we found both methods very limited in their predictive skills; they offered little guidance for trading so we devised a proprietary causal version for SSA that is particularly well-suited for use in trading strategies."

I think to make prediction, I prefer to use NN instead of CSSA..see this thread if you interested
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...l-network-indicator-mt4-using-neuroshell.html

Noxa indicator is not adaptive, we may need to reset the parameter when the market characteristic is changed. There is no guarantee for a single parameter setting of indicators will provide a profitable trading strategy during OOS, and again you set them manually.

I have some difficulties to use NST optimization to give the best noxa parameters.

One benefit for the user is, if the market still follow the last cycle..if change then you need to redefine the cycle. That is why try using matlab (if successful:cheesy:)

But they wrote bellow:)
"However we found both methods very limited in their predictive skills; they offered little guidance for trading so we devised a proprietary causal version for SSA that is particularly well-suited for use in trading strategies."

Hi Phepi,

I have following comments about your template:
- The trading strategy is made based on the prediction, but I found that the range for optimization are overlap (see the system equity between prediction and trading strategy). Not sure whether it will impact the optimization or not, but i should avoid it.
-The input prediction is quite complex, probably the optimization will take times.
- Check the prediction result and actual ..you can see whether the prediction can predict the actual?

Theoretically, I prefer to use the simple one, ensure the prediction is good then used it on trading strategy.

Someone else may give the feedback...

Attachments

• Phepi GBPUSD5M template1.png
    Phepi GBPUSD5M template1.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 427
  • Phepi GBPUSD5M template2.png
    Phepi GBPUSD5M template2.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Phepi GBPUSD5M template3.png
    Phepi GBPUSD5M template3.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 424
Hello Arry, thank you very much for great analyse (y), tomorow I will post new one or will change little bit. So far I have find out, that Noxa CSSA is very well working with clustering indicators and FFT. (yes, I give to this trading strategy, from prediction some trailing stops)
Phepi
Hi Phepi,

I have following comments about your template:
- The trading strategy is made based on the prediction, but I found that the range for optimization are overlap (see the system equity between prediction and trading strategy). Not sure whether it will impact the optimization or not, but i should avoid it.
-The input prediction is quite complex, probably the optimization will take times.
- Check the prediction result and actual ..you can see whether the prediction can predict the actual?

Theoretically, I prefer to use the simple one, ensure the prediction is good then used it on trading strategy.

Someone else may give the feedback...

Hi Phepi,

This is small correlation analysis between predicted and actual from your prediction strategy.

The calculated correlation is quite small and R2 is negative, means your prediction value may going in different direction with your actual data. Neuroshell trader do not provide this values, hence we can check only the prediction strategy result. You may found it from Neuroshell2 to evaluate prediction quality.

Attachments

• gbpusd5m phepi pred actual correlation.zip
    324.4 KB · Views: 230
Hello all I see a nice forum is here, I am also little playing with Noxa CSSA 1.3 (just have buy this addon on 5. october, just learn how to use it) and have made a little profitable template, here do take a look, want share with you all btw any tips how can be even more efective?
thanks Amarozo
P.S. First I have extract right cycle for CSSA, I have re-run SSA and get best output for setting Noxa CSSA, then I have combined this results with clustering indicators on close and lets deside NN how close it is to sell or to buy. After that i have give this results to Tprop4 basic neural network algorithm to choose the right one

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 485
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 479