Noxa indicators for Neuroshell

Hi Phepi,

I verified your predictions input and outputs, the structure as below:
- Input is TProf4...of cluster8(...,Noxa CSSA LongEntry#0,...NoxaShort Entry #0)
- Output 4 bars prediction open

My comments:
- You are using Noxa CSSA with train bars =10000, in the mean time your chart has only 5335 bars, means you CSSA values will be changed anytime new data coming.
- Your OOS test is started on 10/05/2012 01:05, which is about at bar 4019. You should limit the parameter of CSSA train start and train bars, example if you set train bars = 500 then train start= 1 to 3520, 500+3520=4020 which is 4019 +1
- Please verify the value of Noxa CSSA Long and Short Entries for new bar data, is it change or not.
- Using cluster indicator is grouping the inputs into 2 group buy and sell -> its ok no issue, except the noxa inputs
- You use Tprof4 of OHL and Cluster8 data "to predict Close"
- Afterward you use Tprof to predict 4bars Open, I am not sure whether there is an impact to use predicted close to predict open.

Attachments

• lal dobre input-outputs.png
    lal dobre input-outputs.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 343
  • Tprof4.png
    Tprof4.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Hi Phepi,

Please find here few screenshot for your chart compare to matlab modified ssa.

The ssa values is saved on eurusdlaladobressatrend.csv inside the zip. You may put the file in NST\Data folder, rescan your data then insert the value into your chart. I have made trading strategy and prediction strategy based on this ssa..

My next target is to make online calculation between matlab, NST and data feed... quite big job ???

Attachments

• laladobre matlabssa.zip
    286.5 KB · Views: 339
  • detail ssatrend.png
    detail ssatrend.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 531
Hello Arry,
thank you very much for value comments, I need look out for range, with Noxa Showrange. And is true I have made a mistake :) is not a great strategy if I am calculate close and then apply it to open
Hi Phepi,

I verified your predictions input and outputs, the structure as below:
- Input is TProf4...of cluster8(...,Noxa CSSA LongEntry#0,...NoxaShort Entry #0)
- Output 4 bars prediction open

My comments:
- You are using Noxa CSSA with train bars =10000, in the mean time your chart has only 5335 bars, means you CSSA values will be changed anytime new data coming.
- Your OOS test is started on 10/05/2012 01:05, which is about at bar 4019. You should limit the parameter of CSSA train start and train bars, example if you set train bars = 500 then train start= 1 to 3520, 500+3520=4020 which is 4019 +1
- Please verify the value of Noxa CSSA Long and Short Entries for new bar data, is it change or not.
- Using cluster indicator is grouping the inputs into 2 group buy and sell -> its ok no issue, except the noxa inputs
- You use Tprof4 of OHL and Cluster8 data "to predict Close"
- Afterward you use Tprof to predict 4bars Open, I am not sure whether there is an impact to use predicted close to predict open.

Hi Phepi,

Here I attached the chart with your original saved data and my ssa.

I verified that if you send the chart, it will retrieve the tpl (indicator template file), but if you do not have the dll, the indicator will not be shown.

Since ssa is done manually, it is not preferred for me to work on small time frame, except I already made them automatically...need time to learn to make it:)

Attachments

• lala dobree- with ssa.zip
    178.2 KB · Views: 326
My current trick using CSSA:
- Display the chart
- Insert Showrange indicator to know how many bars available on chart, this is to define the value of trainstart and trainbars, where trainstart+trainsbars<available bars on chart
- Insert Showeigenvectors, find the values where the most trend are owned by data. Based on SSA explanation, SSA decomposed the data into several decomposed series, lower eigen value mostly for the main trend, other higher eigen values for other decomposed cycles which are more reflecting the noise.
- Create an indicator example cycle indicators with the preset of parameters based on above verification.
- Create a trading strategy based on cycle crossover, example cycle with lead parameter=1 with other cycle with lead=0 or with lag(cycle(...) indicator.

Attachments

• cycle cross over.png
    cycle cross over.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 752
  • Input TS cycle crossover.png
    Input TS cycle crossover.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
thanks Arry a lot for great explanation <3 . It looks fine, just need have a patience learn how to set right cycles for Noxa CSSA addon.
My current trick using CSSA:
- Display the chart
- Insert Showrange indicator to know how many bars available on chart, this is to define the value of trainstart and trainbars, where trainstart+trainsbars<available bars on chart
- Insert Showeigenvectors, find the values where the most trend are owned by data. Based on SSA explanation, SSA decomposed the data into several decomposed series, lower eigen value mostly for the main trend, other higher eigen values for other decomposed cycles which are more reflecting the noise.
- Create an indicator example cycle indicators with the preset of parameters based on above verification.
- Create a trading strategy based on cycle crossover, example cycle with lead parameter=1 with other cycle with lead=0 or with lag(cycle(...) indicator.

Here I build 6 trading strategies based on Noxa indicators, I compared with Hodrick-Prescot Window trading strategy.

You can see few of them are outperform compare to others..But this is a temporary result, if all are going bad means it's time to search for a new cycle and it indicates that the market cycle has been changed.

Attachments

• All Noxa vs Hodrick-Prescot Windows 2.png
    All Noxa vs Hodrick-Prescot Windows 2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 641
Hello Arry,
it looks interesting, can you please attach picture with inputs? :smart: Thanks a lot

Here I build 6 trading strategies based on Noxa indicators, I compared with Hodrick-Prescot Window trading strategy.

You can see few of them are outperform compare to others..But this is a temporary result, if all are going bad means it's time to search for a new cycle and it indicates that the market cycle has been changed.

Hello Phepi,

The inputs are similar with the samples available on the help files..
But be careful, the market cycle is not static all the time, I am still searching how to detect this prior it happened, otherwise we left the equity become worst.

One thing that i figured, even noxa cycle and qphase have similar base but in actual the cycle cross over not always at the same time when qphase cross over zero. Probably this is an indication that the market cycle is start to change, and I should found another parameter and retrain.

Attachments

• Noxa Trade Strategy Input.png
    Noxa Trade Strategy Input.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 487
  • Cycle vs Qphase.png
    Cycle vs Qphase.png
    28 KB · Views: 562
thank you for contribution (y)

Hello Phepi,

The inputs are similar with the samples available on the help files..
But be careful, the market cycle is not static all the time, I am still searching how to detect this prior it happened, otherwise we left the equity become worst.

One thing that i figured, even noxa cycle and qphase have similar base but in actual the cycle cross over not always at the same time when qphase cross over zero. Probably this is an indication that the market cycle is start to change, and I should found another parameter and retrain.

After OOS test about 495 bars (almost 50% from the trainbars=1000 bars), only one still remains positive equity.

Attachments

• I got the winner.png
    I got the winner.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 480
See also comparison with wavelet and matlabssatrend

Attachments

• Turning-Wavelet-MatlabSSA.png
    Turning-Wavelet-MatlabSSA.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 612
I found the SSA code on MT4, named as RSISSA then test the result on NST

Attachments

• RSISSA equity.png
    RSISSA equity.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 534
  • RSISSA on MT4.png
    RSISSA on MT4.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 478
Here is my real account portfolio .. as I mentioned on my email..I am trading stock (investing actually). Here is few screenshot that I used as my trading strategy input..

Of course to trade on stock I do the fundamental analysis to the financial report, classify them using kohonen SOM (neuroshell, viscovery), verify the truth using Beneish M-score (find on google how it works to verify ENRON), technical analysis using neural network prediction, and psychology analysis...it works!!!

Attachments

• yahoofinance.png
    yahoofinance.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 566
  • ROTI.png
    ROTI.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 455
  • AKRA.png
    AKRA.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Other ways to use causal SSA

Attachments

• Other ways to use SSA.pdf
    210.1 KB · Views: 684
  • exchange rates.pdf
    273 KB · Views: 1,274
Hi Arryex,

Eureka is an interesting software .Do you how does Eureka optimize on the basis of polynomial, sinusoidal etc functions ?

Hi Tovim,

Initially I choose basic and trigonometric functions but after Eureqa running, the best formula was made using basic function.

Based on my recent experience, for trending data series, I avoid polynomial, because it will power up significantly if you use the previous predicted values become input for the next predicted values.

For a free software, Eureqa is worth to try.

I found also GPTIPS, a similar free genetic algorithm implemented on matlab, I expect personally to expand its capability since all codes are open in Matlab.