Noxa indicators for Neuroshell

hi arryex
I want to ask you a private message, but I can not do it (limit 15 posts)
please send you email to me private message or me email

I just fixing small repainting signal...look nice predict reversal especially for a big move

Attachments

• aassaTest1.png
    aassaTest1.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 640
This following MT4 indicators are derived from SSA:
- stochastic
- macd
- rsi

Attachments

• SSA variation.png
    SSA variation.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 867
I have created dll version of this SSA and applied it become Neuroshell Trader indicators (fast singular spectrum and PCA), including all derived indicators. Hence I do not need anymore ssa calculation on Matlab.

Attachments

• SSA variation on Neuroshell.png
    SSA variation on Neuroshell.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 874
Trading strategy generated..
good offline but not sure on real..

Attachments

• Trading Strategy singularPCA1.png
    Trading Strategy singularPCA1.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 904
  • Trading Strategy singularPCA2.png
    Trading Strategy singularPCA2.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 710
  • Trading Strategy singularPCA3.png
    Trading Strategy singularPCA3.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Trading Strategy singularPCA on GBPUSD.png
    Trading Strategy singularPCA on GBPUSD.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 547
  • Trading Strategy singularPCA on GBPUSD 1M detail.png
    Trading Strategy singularPCA on GBPUSD 1M detail.png
    29 KB · Views: 674
Hi arryex,

We have excanged IMs in the past and is great to see the progress you have made with NS and Noxa.
Thanks for your contribution to the forum!

I wonder if you have taken a look at the new Noxa product "AME".

cheers and happy holiday seasson to all,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

Nice to see your return to this forum.

I have checked, there are several tricky things inside Noxa-AME expert:
- We can show all equities for each AME setting (all windows values between 2 to 150)
- Setting the negative flag for the equity goes to negative direction
Then select use the parameter value which giving better equity for your trading strategy input, hence we can't sure whether the future equity will giving the same result except by doing the real out of sample testing.
One missing point with AME is no equity smoothing (just take what you get only).
To be frank it is easier than Noxa-CSSA, when implement using Neuroshell Trading strategy optimization.
Probably I should find a way how to smooth the equity using this AME.
I wish to have AME as what I get on my fast singular indicator..:cheesy:
Happy holiday season for all..

Attachments

• Noxa-AME vs FastSingular full optimization Buy Sell.png
    Noxa-AME vs FastSingular full optimization Buy Sell.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 701
  • Noxa-AME vs FastSingular full optimization Buy Only.png
    Noxa-AME vs FastSingular full optimization Buy Only.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Hmm, i see.
Perhaps AME is only good for certain instruments then..

The SSA crosover strategy your are comparing AME to, is built in on CSSA or is something you have programed?

I am wondering how are your results in live trading with these strategies? Are you being able to be successful at it?

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

Nice to see your return to this forum.

I have checked, there are several tricky things inside Noxa-AME expert:
- We can show all equities for each AME setting (all windows values between 2 to 150)
- Setting the negative flag for the equity goes to negative direction
Then select use the parameter value which giving better equity for your trading strategy input, hence we can't sure whether the future equity will giving the same result except by doing the real out of sample testing.
One missing point with AME is no equity smoothing (just take what you get only).
To be frank it is easier than Noxa-CSSA, when implement using Neuroshell Trading strategy optimization.
Probably I should find a way how to smooth the equity using this AME.
I wish to have AME as what I get on my fast singular indicator..:cheesy:
Happy holiday season for all..

I made ssa by my self and still testing on it, another chart taken from AME sample ..using VIX as input for SPY

Attachments

• AME #301 SPY from VIX.png
    AME #301 SPY from VIX.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,100
Hi Tovim,

You can see the detail description from the book "Analysis of Time Series Structure", Nina Gonyaldina et. al. There will be explained the methodology of SSA, SSA forecasting and detection of structural change. Here what i found during the study.
Basic SSA is useful to detect the trend of a time series, smoothing data, noise removal, seasonal harmonic extraction, cycles extraction (different frequencies), extraction periodicity (with different amplitude), evaluate time series structure (trend and periodicity). Using window length we create trajectory matrix, decompose them using singular value decomposition (SVD), and grouping them based on selected components. One thing to be highlighted is the SVD values will be changes at any time we add new data, since all eigen values and eigen vectors will change and depend on its data series, hence we can't expect that the result will not repaint. That is why ssa indicator is always repaint for any new data.
I already checked the ssa indicator available on MT4 has cover only basic ssa above, the missing part (available on caterpillar-ssa) is the forecasting future ssa values (using LRF) and the change point detection.
See the previous post that showing simple forecasting ssa, I made it using matlab, still develop to evaluate it for market data on NST using walk forward.

Hi Arryex

I have also been explored ssa, in R there is a nice package called "Rssa", see PDF attached

Can you share some more detail on your version of the SSA? Did you create them via your own formula, or via neural network/genetic algorithm? Because everything I've tried just repaint, you always have to forecast somehow the last 4/5 bars.

There is another nice package in R called "mFilter"
see code below:

library('mFilter')
a = scan("C:/Mia/IBFX_1-Click/experts/files/EURUSD60_CLOSE.txt");

plot(a, type='l')
a.bw <- bkfilter(a, pl=2, pu=4, nfix=1,type="fixed")
a.trend <-a.bw$trend
lines(a.trend,col="blue")

This filter is not repainting, but has a lag of 1 bar, see screenshots

Attachments

• ssa_document.pdf
    664.3 KB · Views: 1,956
  • mFilter1.JPG
    mFilter1.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 563
  • mFilter2.JPG
    mFilter2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 638
Hi Superluz,

I never use R package, I should learn it first before can verify it. To avoid lag, you should add prediction next 1 bar of your filter (you can use NN or GA or forecasting using LRR).
Based on the residuals envelope, you may have also confident level of your prediction.
GA can help us to find the best parameter which mostly reflecting the data series structure, if it is lagging then you can predict the future bars using NN.
Hope above idea may useful for you..

Hi Superluz,

After reading I found that your mfilter consist of Baxter-King, Butterworth, Christiano-Fitzgerald, Hodrick-Prescott, Trigonometric regression filters. All those filters are available also on Matlab, I will check them out, few of them available here Matlab implementation of commonly used filters
Probably we can find them also on mq4 or c code.

I found Baxter-King and Hodrick-Presscott on Matlab, HP is available on Neuroshell Trader but not recommended to be used as input trading strategy due to repainting. It is suggested to use HP Windows instead.

All matlab code, sample graph result on matlab and NST trading strategy using HP window are within zip file.

Attachments

• BK and HP filter sample.png
    BK and HP filter sample.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • HP Window Trading STrategy.png
    HP Window Trading STrategy.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • HP BP Filters.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 417
I am evaluating the signal generating from the SSA cross over, since the calculation is made using previous and ongoing close, probably in certain case signal repainting may occur. Then we just have two options: earlier signal with repainting or delay signal without repainting. I have another option to decide while manual trading.

Using indicator in NST the data feeding became crucial, if there is a problem while transferring data (example data jump due to lack of memory/CPU) from MT4 to NST then the calculation and signal generation will be bad. Using GA on NST is very useful to find the best indicator parameter setting to get best signal and showing equity.

The best way to insert indicator on MT4 itself, hence it will avoid any data feeding problem.

Current test configuration:
- Build dll indicator that applicable for both MT4 and NST
- Datafeed from MT4
- Use NST to find the best parameter setting and also verify the signal and equity
- Apply the parameter set on MT4

Attachments

• aassa-testvideo.avi
    6.4 MB · Views: 529
  • test configuration.png
    test configuration.png
    137 KB · Views: 986
Last edited: