north east uk traders

Could do if u want mate but dont expect many people

I'd be interested in meeting up. From Sunderland, but now living in Washington. Traded shares a couple of years ago - did ok (guess everybody did) 'till the crash. Been off and on trying spreadbetting forex over the last year - both live and demo. Would really like to here about other peoples stratergies/methods/lessons learnt etc. Currently full time Engineer, but thinking of living in Thailand in a couple of years so would have a bit more time to do something a bit more serious, and maybe even supplement my income - if I can crack this nut! So anybody out there fancy a meet - I'm up for it.

Greetings, I live just outside Durham City. I've been trading for 6 months after giving one of those K2A weekends a go (about which I have very mixed feelings). I've think I've worked quite hard at stocks intially and now I've just started FX - my main conclusion is that the hard work probably continues for some time and that no course, set of webinars, books, etc. can make you (or at least me) a successful trader.

The one thing I have been disciplined about is account management (never more than 1% loss) so the K2A course has been my biggest expense so far. I have a trading buddy in Essex (met him on the course) and have found the exchange of opinions with him to be very helpful. This website is very informative but it's often hard to know which bits of information to focus on. Trading can be quite a lonely job, especially when you are learning (and losing!!) so it's good to share, as they say. So I would be interested if there are any sociable NE-based traders out there who occasionally meet up to swap ideas...

Greetings, I live just outside Durham City. I've been trading for 6 months after giving one of those K2A weekends a go (about which I have very mixed feelings). I've think I've worked quite hard at stocks intially and now I've just started FX - my main conclusion is that the hard work probably continues for some time and that no course, set of webinars, books, etc. can make you (or at least me) a successful trader.

The one thing I have been disciplined about is account management (never more than 1% loss) so the K2A course has been my biggest expense so far. I have a trading buddy in Essex (met him on the course) and have found the exchange of opinions with him to be very helpful. This website is very informative but it's often hard to know which bits of information to focus on. Trading can be quite a lonely job, especially when you are learning (and losing!!) so it's good to share, as they say. So I would be interested if there are any sociable NE-based traders out there who occasionally meet up to swap ideas...

Dont let those guys screw any more money out of you, their business model is to constantly try to sell you more training especially if you are not successful. There are many horror stories on the following blog plus a lot of information that was here has been deleted.

KnowledgeToAction Traders University - Scam Course?: Knowledge to Action Trader's University - is there a scam?

Dont let those guys screw any more money out of you, their business model is to constantly try to sell you more training especially if you are not successful. There are many horror stories on the following blog plus a lot of information that was here has been deleted.

KnowledgeToAction Traders University - Scam Course?: Knowledge to Action Trader's University - is there a scam?

Thanks for the warning / advice. I had already decided that I had spent quite enough money in that direction. I had no problem with what was taught but was less impressed with the hype and determination to sell further courses hard on the heels of the first.

The way forward for me now is to keep on gaining experience by trading, adding to my (basic) knowledge by accessing free online materials (in moderation cos, boy, ain't there a lot of "free" stuff out there!) plus exchange of ideas with other traders in places like this.

I have been somewhat battered by the last 6 months (I keep telling myself this has not been an ideal year to start trading in but, if that is so, then I ought to have learnt a few things!) However, I am determined that I will get there in the end.

Thanks again for advice.

Any traders in the Durham area - I'm just 5 miles east of city. I'm a relative beginner (started in April 2011 but I've been working at it really hard - not that that means I'm in profit yet!Would be interested to occasionally meet with others to talk strategy, exchange ideas........

Could we set up a meeting for late Jan early Feb so that everyone can have some advance planning time? I am based in Darlington myself and would welcome some time with like minded individuals.

Hi Nicky are you still trading? I am based in Darlington too.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Nicky are you still trading? I am based in Darlington too.

Thanks

Chris

I'm still trading and still up for an occasional meeting with like-minded individuals. Perhaps anyone else interested in meeting could indicate where in NE they are (so we can find an ideal place) and roughly when available.

I'm between Durham and Sunderland and am usually free apart from Tues and Thurs evenings. As I retired I'm also often available during the day. I'm quite happy to travel either north to the Tyne or south to the Tees.

Fingers crossed that readers of this thread are still hanging in there......

John

I'm still trading and still up for an occasional meeting with like-minded individuals. Perhaps anyone else interested in meeting could indicate where in NE they are (so we can find an ideal place) and roughly when available.

I'm between Durham and Sunderland and am usually free apart from Tues and Thurs evenings. As I retired I'm also often available during the day. I'm quite happy to travel either north to the Tyne or south to the Tees.

Fingers crossed that readers of this thread are still hanging in there......

John

Hi John

I live in Darlington and i am trading full time (still very early days) and would like to meet with other traders to share knowledge etc. I am spread betting forex using 4hr and daily time frames.

Chris

Hi John

I live in Darlington and i am trading full time (still very early days) and would like to meet with other traders to share knowledge etc. I am spread betting forex using 4hr and daily time frames.

Chris
Hi Chris
I just wrote a draft constitution and 2 is sufficient for a quorum!! So we are, in theory, up and running.
I forgot to detail my trading: all spread betting, intially just stocks (end-of-day) but over the last 2 months I've been trading fx on an end-of-day basis but watching the 4 h and 15 minute charts to try and get a feel for those. I still consider myself a beginner although I have been working quite hard on this for about 8 months (although not full-time).

Hi Chris
I just wrote a draft constitution and 2 is sufficient for a quorum!! So we are, in theory, up and running.
I forgot to detail my trading: all spread betting, intially just stocks (end-of-day) but over the last 2 months I've been trading fx on an end-of-day basis but watching the 4 h and 15 minute charts to try and get a feel for those. I still consider myself a beginner although I have been working quite hard on this for about 8 months (although not full-time).

Great

Have you ever paid for any courses or subscribed to any trading groups??? I find it difficult to trust any of them however i did pay for a course recently after following them on twitter for a while and it has been well worth the money.

Is there any you have come across or used which you would recommend.

Chris

I did indeed pay for a course - one which has received much vilification in this forum and other places: K2A (I did the stocks course). I am happy to enlarge later on my own experiences but for now a brief summary - it's expensive BUT it's a 2 day course, you get a reasonable set of documentation, a pretty good DVD set (which for me was more useful than the course), three half-hour sessions with one of their tutors (I was lucky with a very good one but my feeling was that there was a lot of variation in tutoring) and continuing access to an on-line "mid-week presentation" from one of their tutors. Do I have criticisms: yes because I resented the intrusion of the hard-sell for additional courses from day 1; yes because (perhaps inevitably on this sort of course) there was a misleading emphasis on how easy trading is and yes because the strategies taught were essentially for trending markets (which made the first few months quite difficult). The main thrust of the criticism of most course is that they simply provide information which is available for free on the internet: whilst this is true, for an absolute beginner like myself, finding a path through the vast amount of info is extrememly difficult (even now I find it hard to track down particular topics and I now know what I'm looking for). So my main conclusion: it got me started and provided a basis for me to begin what I now recognise as a fairly long learning process.

Now I follow the mid-week presentations, exchange ideas with a couple of other K2A students (I refuse to use K2A's term "graduates"), read bits of books and watch the occasional webinars. I have not felt tempted to invest any more capital in the learning process (beyond a couple of books) being persuaded that (like learning to play jazz perhaps) this is not something you simply learn from books and others - you have to do it (with a strict money management strategy in place of course).
John

PS can I ask which course you had such a good experience with?

I did indeed pay for a course - one which has received much vilification in this forum and other places: K2A (I did the stocks course). I am happy to enlarge later on my own experiences but for now a brief summary - it's expensive BUT it's a 2 day course, you get a reasonable set of documentation, a pretty good DVD set (which for me was more useful than the course), three half-hour sessions with one of their tutors (I was lucky with a very good one but my feeling was that there was a lot of variation in tutoring) and continuing access to an on-line "mid-week presentation" from one of their tutors. Do I have criticisms: yes because I resented the intrusion of the hard-sell for additional courses from day 1; yes because (perhaps inevitably on this sort of course) there was a misleading emphasis on how easy trading is and yes because the strategies taught were essentially for trending markets (which made the first few months quite difficult). The main thrust of the criticism of most course is that they simply provide information which is available for free on the internet: whilst this is true, for an absolute beginner like myself, finding a path through the vast amount of info is extrememly difficult (even now I find it hard to track down particular topics and I now know what I'm looking for). So my main conclusion: it got me started and provided a basis for me to begin what I now recognise as a fairly long learning process.

Now I follow the mid-week presentations, exchange ideas with a couple of other K2A students (I refuse to use K2A's term "graduates"), read bits of books and watch the occasional webinars. I have not felt tempted to invest any more capital in the learning process (beyond a couple of books) being persuaded that (like learning to play jazz perhaps) this is not something you simply learn from books and others - you have to do it (with a strict money management strategy in place of course).
John

PS can I ask which course you had such a good experience with?

Thanks for that.

Yes the course i bought is called the combo course her blog is at piptoring.com the course concentrates on 3 indicators using daily and 4hr timeframes and patience. I paid under £200 for the course which is ongoing.

Thanks

Chris

no way , never pay for any course!!! everything is for free . Someone who reach succes dont have to sell coursess fo 200pound each :)...

no way , never pay for any course!!! everything is for free . Someone who reach succes dont have to sell coursess fo 200pound each :)...

Ive earned the course fee back through trades using strategy learnt and increased my knowledge, for me it was worth it.

I know forums are good for exchanging ideas but I like to meet people and chat in the good, old-fashioned (non-electronic) way. So may I suggest a meeting over a half pint or coffee (I will be driving) either in Darlington or somewhere between Darlington and Durham (say Sedgefield). I am usually free in the daytime if that suits so how about a lunchtime (not Tuesdays)? The invitation extends to anyone in the Northeast of course..........

I would be very interested to compare notes with others struggling (or not) with the current market conditions.

So anyone out there interested in a face-to-face discussion?
Regards
John

I know forums are good for exchanging ideas but I like to meet people and chat in the good, old-fashioned (non-electronic) way. So may I suggest a meeting over a half pint or coffee (I will be driving) either in Darlington or somewhere between Darlington and Durham (say Sedgefield). I am usually free in the daytime if that suits so how about a lunchtime (not Tuesdays)? The invitation extends to anyone in the Northeast of course..........

I would be very interested to compare notes with others struggling (or not) with the current market conditions.

So anyone out there interested in a face-to-face discussion?
Regards
John

Hi John

I would prefer to meet face to face too. I am based in Darlington and i am usually free during the day.

Chris

Hi John

I would prefer to meet face to face too. I am based in Darlington and i am usually free during the day.

Chris

Excellent. I'll propose a few dates and let you choose. Time of day can be around coffee time or lunch to your preference.....
this week I'm free Wednesday (anytime), Thursday until 14.00, Friday (anytime)
next week free Wed, Thurs, Friday.

Where would you like to meet?
John

Last edited:
Excellent. I'll propose a few dates and let you choose. Time of day can be around coffee time or lunch to your preference.....
this week I'm free Wednesday (anytime), Thursday until 14.00, Friday (anytime)
next week free Wed, Thurs, Friday.

Where would you like to meet?
John

Wednesday about 10 at Aston Hotel just off junction 59 postcode is DL1 3NL. I am open to other suggestions?

Wednesday about 10 at Aston Hotel just off junction 59 postcode is DL1 3NL. I am open to other suggestions?

fixed - it's in my diary. I look forward to meeting another local trader.
John

PS I'm 6' 2", glasses, as bit bald on top with a beard to compensate. Drive a fairly old blue Seat Toledo.

Last edited: