No Rules - High Risk Capital Building from £3k

I hate buying this pair but Buy EUR/GBP @0.9031 £25pp. Really am just looking to scalp this one.

This trade has been annoying. It hit my target (0.9038) but I missed it and couldn't set a limit as it was too close. Have managed to get a limit in now during a small dip, so will leave it until I go to sleep. Doubt I will leave it overnight though.

Last edited:
Such a sick degen, we need more of this stuff round here. You're really going to encourage me at this rate :( gl gl

I agree...have also used similar tactics....and got wasted after making some tremendous profits.
Then came back for more....also as a sideline to the boring trading.
Good luck to you.

Thanks both.

Rule 4). EURGBP after 8.30 is so dull I could ****.

As I don't like holding against a trend into the asian session I have been wanting out for ages - but at a profit of course!

However, if I have to watch this chart do nothing anymore I may pull my own eyeballs out - so I have had to book a loss. Out @0.9029 for -£50.

Hey ho...£50 neither here nor there.
Some you win some you lose....tomorrows another day.
Im not a yank by the way....does anyone know how you change the flag thingy?

Im not a yank by the way....does anyone know how you change the flag thingy?

Go to user cp then "edit my details" on the left hand side and change location and save it. It should do the trick.

eur/gbp one of the most painful things to watch. Some of the jpy pairs can be too as at times they're really slow then just start spiking on their own accord.

I just did a quick 23 pips on GBPUSD. I say quick... it was painfully slow - 3 hours 30 minutes.

Should have been a bit more patient. Anyways. Back to Catching the USDCAD ! Buy @1.0134 £35pp.

Just added to a losing trade. Yup that's right - and not even far off the entry either.

another £10pp @1.0126. So the trade average stands @1.0132 @35.

Also - I don't want to be in this trade this afternoon. Haven't set TP yet though.

Last edited:
episteme,

great trading! or, at least, bold trading. :)

are you trades all double-top or double bottom type reversal trades?
the thing I love about these types of threads is unravelling the reasoning behind them.
(even though you say its "no rules")

I've been found out. :D

Double top / bottoms are esesntially what I trade - although I will trade if higher TF's are flat for a while after a long trend. If no double top/bottom then I only think they will pull back. Double top / bottoms I look for a bigger reversal. However - with the trades in this thread I'm only taking a small number of pips to try and make sure I get a high hit rate and am using lower TF's than I would usually.

I'm out @ 1.0139 for £250- almost certainly too early - but want the £7.5k banked.

Back in @1.0133 @22pp

Heading off to work - will check this when I get there and see where I am before deciding on TP. I'm thinking around the 1.0155 area, but not put a limit on yet.

Last edited:
Not sure when I will get out- I'm thinking pay off the mortgage or bust maybe?

Anyway USDCAD going against and my normal sensible reaction woul dbe to cut my loss as it's putting new lows in which I don't like.

That would be my normal sensible approach - but we aren't about that here are we. £20pp @ 1.0120.

trade average is now £40pp @1.0127

:eek::cool:

Hi episteme,
I'm curious to know how you're able to function doing your day job knowing that you've got £40.00 p/p riding on a high risk 'gamble' trade. Perhaps you're a stunt man or undercover copper or F1 driver. Those environments might be enough to take your mind off your trades! But if you're stuck in a humdrum 9-5 office environment shuffling paper, it must be a helluva job to concentrate on the task in hand! Perhaps you're self employed and can do as you please?
Tim.