'No indicators' revisited

A small suggestion... If this is going to be a substantially important thread to T2W, would it be prudent to a:) split it into a weekly thread? and b:) It could be archived as a weekly thread, as per Newtron Bomb does for the Dow?
Just my thoughts.

I concur - this is a great thread - should split it into weekly and possibly archived - thanks for volunteering Rosso :) - have sent u email BTW.

Cheers

S.

from dax fut, 2 min chart.

Weakness enters the market after the big boys sell. If they decide the next direction is down, they need to rid the market of Longs before they risk their money. How better than a couple of Upthrusts. Looking like potential breakouts (purple line = R1, red line = prev day high), the Longs were suckered in. The price was snapped down killing the Longs and putting off any potential Longs. Open field to move down now...

(attempted to change image as comment below, is there a 'practice' thread anywhere?)

Attachments

• upthrusts.jpg
    upthrusts.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Sorry I have deleted the above "compilation" post for reasons I dont want to have to go into. Please dont ask why, its far too complicated...

Cigar,

It appears the URL of your image is to the location of the image on your very computer! This means you can see the image but none of us can.. You dont have to host the file yourself, simply save it as an attachment, otherwise we'll never see the images you're posting. :!:

As an alternative to Rosso's idea of a seperate archive anyone wanting their own archive of the thread could go to each page of the thread and save each page as an HTML file. OK a bit long winded and cumbersome but at least you can then review each page offline in your own time.

Chartman, Frugi : thanks for your replies.

Frugi : i'm well thanx. I'll pm you with an update.

Regards,

Friday has been kind to Frugi :) though hindsight has been kinder!

Attachments

• clipboard.gif
    clipboard.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 621
I am sorry that Rosso has withdrawn his kind offer for reasons which do not really make sense as stated. There is clearly more to this than meets the eye. However I have no wish to put pressure on Rosso.

I think that this thread contains valuable information that should be available in an accessible archived form as should content from other threads as I have suggested in the past.

It would seem that there may be some reluctance to put this into effect. There may be good reason but as the members are not privy to it and there has been no discussion on it we are not in a position to judge.

Eminem has made a suggestion which can be done but is clumsy for a number of reasons

I have a suggestion that is not elegant either but which I have been operating for some time when I feel something is worth retaining. Create a word file and highlight and copy or drag and drop whatever you want to retain from the web page into the word file. This allows editing for coherence etc and allows saving of charts etc. Its up to you how you name and file the resulting material. Its clumsy too but allows deletion of a lot of superfluous material :D

I would of course pefer it if the site got itself organised and created a proper subject based archive that could be crossrederence to posters. :cool:

Hi,

There's a two click solution to saving a thread as an HTML document:

1. Show as printable format

2. Save as (say G:\T2W\Threads\....)

That's it! :)

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

This may sound a bit of an odd request, but for reasons best not explained can we keep the thread in its current format please?

That means no weekly thread, no offers of compilations etc etc.

Its worked pretty well so far, why change it if it ain't broke??

Please dont ask why. I know it would be easier to access in a "archived" format, but look at it this way - there are two choices :
1. Keep the thread as it is.
2. Dont have the thread any more.

I cant go into any more detail than this, you'll just have to trust my judgement!!! LOL

I'll be getting more political than Michael Moore in a minute..!! :cheesy:

no indicatord promised!

just wanted to share a cupl of thots with u lads/lasses

skim - anticipating yr remark :cheesy: i am also a short-term lad. however, i think this will be good 4 every1.

from Andrew's analysis - Friday was a non-event and we r still solidly bullish aiming at 1150.

Attachments

• s&pdaily.jpg
    s&pdaily.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 486
even more so

perhaps even more so looking at spooz's leaders

pls dont accuse me of converting to the bulls :devilish: i am still as much of a grizzly as a bear can only be. and i still think this economy is just a scam living on massive debt - which is essentially sort of building a house on top of an active volcano. But - hey - i trade what I see, and what I am seeing now is testing 1150 cash - 50% Fib retracement of this whole bear market - and taking it from there depending on how many shorts we'll find in that range.

just my opinion of coz

Attachments

• s&p banks indexdaily.jpg
    s&p banks indexdaily.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 447
so i dont get accused of formally converting to bulls :) let me quote something here from one of the sharpest daytraders I know (well on the other side of the pond :) ):

Keep in mind that Friday completes month number 10 of the bull move without an important correction.

Wall Street had big trouble with the Friday Jobs report. The Street searched for spin. Some claimed "aberration," and predicted that subsequent revisions will prove more acceptable. Some blamed productivity, that U.S. business has become lean-and-mean, and that rising sales are getting down to the bottom-line a lot quicker. So, why rock the boat with a hiring expansion?
In the early part of the day, the Street seemed to buy the spin, and stocks held well. But, as we headed for home, the selling
intensified, as the Blue Chip Index fell 133 points, NASDAQ lost 13, and Big Board winners balanced losers.

As stocks fell, bonds rose dramatically on the premise that a slack
labor market is not the stuff of monetary tightening. The 10-year
note rallied over a point, bringing the yield down 14 basis points to
4.12. Meanwhile, the dollar tumbled to a record low against the euro.
Also troubling was the price of oil pushing through $34 a barrel.

If you are a trader looking for a correction, maybe you should look
at the Mcclellan oscillator. This indicator tends to correct before
the indexes do. This week the Osc. made a Head & Shoulder pattern and moved down most of the week. Nyse mcclellan is +9.90 , as long as it tests and stays above the 0 line , the up move will stay in tact. If we decline too far below the 0 line we could see a large correction. So keep an eye on that ...

end of quote

Good stuff China - the only thing I wanna add is that ppl in the investment bank world still seem very bullish on growth for this year - all gearing up for it.

Purse strings are being relaxed and bonus's are expected to be rather good so ........