No edit facilities on some threads

Pat494

Legendary member
There are currently no edit facilities on " The Current Affairs " thread.
Why is this ?

And why can't members delete posts ?

Yes they can , i've seen many deleted posts by members , but i guess there is a time limit to edit/delete a post , maybe should wait for Trader333 answer ...

There are currently no edit facilities on " The Current Affairs " thread.
Why is this ?

You mean "current events" ? I've moved the thread to the foyer , please check now if you can edit your posts ?

Is it different to other threads or specific to this one ? and as Tar stated there is a time limit where posts can be edited or deleted. If there is no option at all then this will be flagged and addressed by technical.

Is it different to other threads or specific to this one ? and as Tar stated there is a time limit where posts can be edited or deleted. If there is no option at all then this will be flagged and addressed by technical.

Maybe that's an issue with "To be sorted" section ...

This post is editable.

Trader333, what is the time limit on editing? A day or two?

Yes they can , i've seen many deleted posts by members , but i guess there is a time limit to edit/delete a post , maybe should wait for Trader333 answer ...

You know very well that unless posts are deleted within a few minutes, they cannot be deleted.

In my opinion, which is no doubt different to yours, you are treating members with absolute contempt. It's one of the primary reasons that I refuse to post anything remotely useful.

You no doubt believe that the protection of garbage content is far more important than generating quality contributions, but its one of the primary reasons why t2w is failing.

As always my advice to members would be to determine for themselves if posts can be deleted, rather than believing others who may have an agenda. It's an easy enough thing to do isn't it ?

You know very well that unless posts are deleted within a few minutes, they cannot be deleted.

In my opinion, which is no doubt different to yours, you are treating members with absolute contempt. It's one of the primary reasons that I refuse to post anything remotely useful.

You no doubt believe that the protection of garbage content is far more important than generating quality contributions, but its one of the primary reasons why t2w is failing.

As always my advice to members would be to determine for themselves if posts can be deleted, rather than believing others who may have an agenda. It's an easy enough thing to do isn't it ?

What the hell are you talking about ?! You said members cant delete their posts so i just wanted to help ! i already said there is a time limit didn't i ? but seriously i don't recall how much it is , that's why i left it to Trader333 , and if the time limit isnt enough why not raise the issue to Steve .

What the hell are you talking about ?! You said members cant delete their posts so i just wanted to help ! i already said there is a time limit didn't i ? but seriously i don't recall how much it is , that's why i left it to Trader333 , and if the time limit isnt enough why not raise the issue to Steve .

I'm talking about the fact that members can't delete posts !

It is my opinion (which may be completely incorrect) that this has a detrimental effect on the quality of posts. I am not alone in this belief (as you probably know)

You only have to consider the arguments that are made as to why members are not allowed to edit or delete posts to see the real agenda.

It's pointless discussing this stuff as nothing is going to change :LOL:

I only commented as its an issue in which I have an active interest, and I believe t2w is still promoting itself as a discussion forum ?, they where discussing motor bikes the last time I looked so I suspect they still want members to discuss stuff.

Whatever....

I'm talking about the fact that members can't delete posts !

Yes they can edit/delete their posts up to the time limit , as i said why not raise the issue to Steve to increase the limit , anyway it is the industry standards to have a limit , some Forums even wont let you edit your posts after a short period of time ...