newbie has a question on spread betting on US indicies

stucash

Hi I am new to spread betting and I am currently holding a demo account of GKFX (was called smartlivemarkets), and the account comes with MetaTrader 4.

after reading FAQs and googled the question, there was no satisfactory answers; here is my question:

why US indicies (SP500, WS30, NAS100) is trading 24 hours as shown by its chart on MT4? I am very confused even though there is pre-trading hours for them and spread betting resembles futures/option market, I still can't get the logic.

please help me, this one is hot on my tail biting me!:cry:

Thanks for any advice in advance!!

Hi I am new to spread betting and I am currently holding a demo account of GKFX (was called smartlivemarkets), and the account comes with MetaTrader 4.

after reading FAQs and googled the question, there was no satisfactory answers; here is my question:

why US indicies (SP500, WS30, NAS100) is trading 24 hours as shown by its chart on MT4? I am very confused even though there is pre-trading hours for them and spread betting resembles futures/option market, I still can't get the logic.

please help me, this one is hot on my tail biting me!:cry:

Thanks for any advice in advance!!

They are probably basing it on the futures of the indices, which trade almost 24 hours a day. In any case you should be more concerned about getting involved with any broker that offers MT4, they may be defrauding you. Google 'MT4 virtual dealer plugin' or 'FXCM fine'

They are probably basing it on the futures of the indices, which trade almost 24 hours a day. In any case you should be more concerned about getting involved with any broker that offers MT4, they may be defrauding you. Google 'MT4 virtual dealer plugin' or 'FXCM fine'

Well he does say its a demo, and he could always just use the platform and not trade with the broker, or trade manually like me. Id never trust any sort of trade through chart rubbish. In fact I'd be happy to go back to pencil!!

Thank you very much pboyles! I know nothing about the plot behind the offer until you told me just now! there is just no free lunch..

for the indices, please excuse my inexperience, as futures are only predictions and the chart is demonstrating actual data of the indices, how could this happen? does it mean, apart from the data for the trading hours, all others are future based?

Well he does say its a demo, and he could always just use the platform and not trade with the broker, or trade manually like me. Id never trust any sort of trade through chart rubbish. In fact I'd be happy to go back to pencil!!

merely based on fundamental side?