Alpari to offer spread betting on MT4

Ha ha - Francis I knew the robots were trading, and now they're doing customer service as well. Watch out India and far flung customer service centres - you are at risk !

Mind you I can see his point tho - they don't offer equity Index markets for SB accounts at the minute please go elsewhere for the DAX.

and youre not?

The trade denominations below £1 in the ticket seem odd. go from 10p to 14p

Attachments

• trade_Order.jpg
    trade_Order.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 430
Hello Jim, look forward to seeing the longer term ( not too long :) ) results. Would be reassuring if similar results I suppose.

Yes Tenapenny you are right - you can type in the more expected smaller micro levels of .10, .20, .30, .40 and .50. Seems weird that the defaults are 10-14p though.

Jim have you traded Alpari spreadbetting in your human guise already :) - just wondering if you had experienced any noticeable differences compared with SLM in executions, requotes ( assuming max dev from quoted price is the same ) etc

Great to see another broker offering MT4 spreadbetting too. Anyone spotted any nice signup offers on this?

so Jim after 10 days of myfxbook results der der derdnnananana derddnernenn ddeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

they are the same.

:sleep:

Ray Robot II

Ray Robot II

although notice myfxbook has lied on drawdown..... thats why i still double check everything in excel........

Evening Francis,

so Jim after 10 days of myfxbook results der der derdnnananana derddnernenn ddeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

they are the same.

Actually it's 9 days so far, and whilst the bottom lines are indeed all the same, even myfxbook reveals some significant differences. For example, on the 15th it took 56 minutes for Ray's 10 pip stop to be taken out on GKFX, versus a mere 29 minutes at Alpari UK.

There are also significant differences between the two brokers regarding the timing of a number of bursts of delayed quotes, which unfortunately myfxbook isn't equipped to report on.

Cheers,

Jim

Morning Francis,

I awoke bright and early this morning to find all four clones of Ray short GBP/USD. Take a look:

2011-11-25_0753_RayX2

GKFX is on top. Notice any difference? How do you reckon this one will finish up? Yet another loser across the board?

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited:
Hi Francis,

Ray Robot II

Ray Robot II

although notice myfxbook has lied on drawdown..... thats why i still double check everything in excel........

Well who'd have thunk it? After 9 ten pip losers in a row the son of Ray has bagged a fifty pip winner at long last!

If you're not happy with myfxbook you could always see what the FF Trade Explorer has to offer instead. After a bit of persuasion they've finally got their act together regarding Alpari SB:

TradingGurus's Profile @ Forex Factory

Cheers,

Jim

sorry im lost ? am i missing something?

gkfx
Balance: £245.00
Equity:(100.00%) £245.00

Alpari
Balance: £245.00
Equity:(100.00%) £245.00

Afternoon Francis,

sorry im lost ? am i missing something?

Yes you are lost. Yes you are missing something.

All four accounts are now back to break even. Despite the similarities in the bottom lines, some trades have lasted twice as long on some accounts compared to others.

All accounts suffer quotes delayed by several tens of seconds from time to time, but again the times of such occurrences differ from account to account.

None of this is of any interest to you?

Cheers,

Jim

Afternoon Francis,

Yes you are lost. Yes you are missing something.

All four accounts are now back to break even. Despite the similarities in the bottom lines, some trades have lasted twice as long on some accounts compared to others.

All accounts suffer quotes delayed by several tens of seconds from time to time, but again the times of such occurrences differ from account to account.

None of this is of any interest to you?

Cheers,

Jim

none.

all i care about is how much i have made on which account - couldn't give two sh its how it got there. the one that wins i will go with.

spread, time open, what the dealer had for breakfast, what nanosecond said broker had a wank.... doesn't matter. you have the same fu cking totals.

this is a comparison of brokers not your robot.

below is all you are looking at in this test that matters.

Balance: £250.00
Equity: (100.00%) £250.00

and

Balance: £250.00
Equity: (100.00%) £250.00

they are not similarities they are the fu cking same.

if you didn't know.

jesus **** ing christ.

same. exact. no difference.

aergrahgrahgrharhgar implosion alert

Morning Francis,

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, doesn't it?

Have you (n)ever heard this old wives tale?

Cheers,

Jim

have you been out striking with the lefties? Put the crack pipe down.

when there is a difference in equity we can dance the merry dance around the flames of fire.

Evening Francis,

have you been out striking with the lefties? Put the crack pipe down.

BH, you must be psychic! Would you believe I was chatting to an alleged dope smoking homeless Occupy resident outside Exeter Cathedral at the weekend. Fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing were amongst the topics of conversation:

Stone Snaps "Women Occupy Exeter" on Sunday

when there is a difference in equity we can dance the merry dance around the flames of fire.

No trade for Ray thus far today, but he is back in the black at least. NFP is looming. Will you be dancing in the streets tomorrow afternoon, do you suppose?

Cheers,

Jim