Alpari to offer spread betting on MT4

Evening Francis,

BH, you must be psychic! Would you believe I was chatting to an alleged dope smoking homeless Occupy resident outside Exeter Cathedral at the weekend. Fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing were amongst the topics of conversation:

Stone Snaps "Women Occupy Exeter" on Sunday

No trade for Ray thus far today, but he is back in the black at least. NFP is looming. Will you be dancing in the streets tomorrow afternoon, do you suppose?

Cheers,

Jim

damn these capitalists and theyre production of handycams and tents that shelter us and the starbucks that we **** in.

still 260 for 260.

I'm trying to pick a platform to try Forex on. Spreadbetting is obviously ideal for tax reasons so I've been trying GKFX's MT4, and they say you can place trades in multiples of £0.10 pence. But whenever I place a trade it seems to show different profits and pips in the trades windows. For example, if I place a 0.10 trade, it acts as if I've placed a £1 trade, and if I place a 1.0 trade, it acts as if I've placed a trade worth £10 per pip. What is your experience? Is this something wrong with MT4 or am I being stupid?

Thanks folks.

Hi Replemished,

If I place a 0.10 trade, it acts as if I've placed a £1 trade, and if I place a 1.0 trade, it acts as if I've placed a trade worth £10 per pip. What is your experience?

If you explore the link above you will discover a plethora of live GXFX spread betting trade results. Ray Robot trades 10 pence per pip using a 10 pip stop loss which is taken out with remarkable regularity. Each time that happens he loses one pound.

What would you expect to happen in those circumstances? Is your experience somehow different to Ray's?

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Francis,

Not any more. If you fancy some festive fun, discover why it's now 255 versus 261 versus 279 versus 274 (give or take a couple of pence):

Ray Robot Makes More Money Spread Betting with GKFX than with Alpari

Merry Xmas!

Jim

Hold up Billybob,

Before you get all delirious and get off the dial from grandma's mince pies, what is going on with your results?

You whipped up a blog post on the basis of a 0.00001 pip difference on open price and hence the stop declaring one makes more money than the other?

Do you work at the UEA climate centre?

jolly hockeysticks and all that jazz.

sort it out boy.

Afternoon Francis,

You whipped up a blog post on the basis of a 0.00001 pip difference on open price and hence the stop declaring one makes more money than the other?

Not to mention much larger differences between live and backtest results. A more ancient quote from you also:

All i care about is how much i have made on which account - couldn't give two sh its how it got there. the one that wins i will go with.

So you do in fact care about more than just how much each account made?

Happy New Year!

Jim

Afternoon Francis,

Not to mention much larger differences between live and backtest results. A more ancient quote from you also:

So you do in fact care about more than just how much each account made?

Happy New Year!

Jim

when you are presenting them like the UEA climate centre yes.

I would have thought you could have engineered them so they take the trade at the same price and i mean the same price.

having your random robot "proving" one broker is better is codswallop.

Get them opening at the same price on their respective feeds and taking the same trades first.

people like you are bloody dangerous.

if its beyond you run the robot on a totally random broker then use a trade copier down to alpari and gkfx so at least they take the same trades.

Evening Francis,

I would have thought you could have engineered them so they take the trade at the same price and i mean the same price.

I could easily engineer things so that the pending orders at each broker used the same entry price. However that would make it difficult for anyone else to repeat the same experiment "at home". Furthermore it still doesn't ensure that every trade would be taken at both brokers. Finally, in what way would that be a "fairer test" than the existing methodology?

having your random robot "proving" one broker is better is codswallop.

The "robot" in question is in fact less "random" than most, and doesn't claim to prove one broker is "better" than another.

Get them opening at the same price on their respective feeds and taking the same trades first.

Can't be done. See above.

people like you are bloody dangerous.

Why's that?

Run the robot on a totally random broker then use a trade copier down to alpari and gkfx so at least they take the same trades.

You still wouldn't end up with identical entries every time on both brokers. Once again, why would that be a "fairer test" than running identical "robots" at two or more different brokers?

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. If it's any consolation to you, Ray recently managed a winning trade on Alpari that was sadly missing on GKFX. The current live "score" is £263 versus £264.

Evening Francis,

I could easily engineer things so that the pending orders at each broker used the same entry price. However that would make it difficult for anyone else to repeat the same experiment "at home". Furthermore it still doesn't ensure that every trade would be taken at both brokers. Finally, in what way would that be a "fairer test" than the existing methodology?

The "robot" in question is in fact less "random" than most, and doesn't claim to prove one broker is "better" than another.

Can't be done. See above.

Why's that?

You still wouldn't end up with identical entries every time on both brokers. Once again, why would that be a "fairer test" than running identical "robots" at two or more different brokers?

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. If it's any consolation to you, Ray recently managed a winning trade on Alpari that was sadly missing on GKFX. The current live "score" is £263 versus £264.

its no consolation. I wont be using either of those crooks. why is it sadly? have you got a gkfx tattoo or something? why the allegiance?

I am pointing out your test is less than scientific. The fairest way to test this IS to throw orders at both from a trade copier off a random mt4 which runs the bot.

You can then say look jimbob I took the trade but jimbob II didnt etc.

you should know that even if you start the same bot on the same broker at the same time you will get totally different results. if you dont stop wasting everyones time with this crap.

Morning Francis,

Why is it sadly?

It's just a turn of phrase.

have you got a gkfx tattoo or something?

I have no tattoos.

I am pointing out your test is less than scientific. The fairest way to test this IS to throw orders at both from a trade copier off a random mt4 which runs the bot.

That appears to be your opinion. However thus far you have offered no theoretical or empirical justification for it.

you should know that even if you start the same bot on the same broker at the same time you will get totally different results. if you dont stop wasting everyones time with this crap.

You should know that Ray Robot II has amassed quite a bit of empirical evidence on this very topic which contradicts your opinion. For example compare Ray Robot II Alpari Live with Ray Robot II Alpari Demo

If you don't believe Ray and/or myfxbook please feel free to download his source code and perform the same experiment for yourself:

Ray Robot 2 Makes Money Trading Breakouts with MetaTrader 4

Perhaps you should stop wasting everyone's time with your unsubstantiated opinions?

Cheers,

Jim

Morning Francis,

It's just a turn of phrase.

I have no tattoos.

That appears to be your opinion. However thus far you have offered no theoretical or empirical justification for it.

You should know that Ray Robot II has amassed quite a bit of empirical evidence on this very topic which contradicts your opinion. For example compare Ray Robot II Alpari Live with Ray Robot II Alpari Demo

If you don't believe Ray and/or myfxbook please feel free to download his source code and perform the same experiment for yourself:

Ray Robot 2 Makes Money Trading Breakouts with MetaTrader 4

Perhaps you should stop wasting everyone's time with your unsubstantiated opinions?

Cheers,

Jim

A profit of £13 since November 2011, that's really something.

we could all have an unsubstantiated custard cream and an unsubstantiated panda pop with that, well 20 of us. Maybe Ray could show up?

Jim - ill download the source and will have a play with ray.. :cool::eek::idea:

@PB

I assume your remark is made with your tongue firmly in your cheek?

Note that Ray claims to be educational, and doesn't claim to deliver vast profits in virtually no time. Since he's currently only trading a fixed 10 pence per pip, maybe he'd be in a better position to throw a bigger party if he'd been using some other form of position sizing?

Alternatively since he uses no indicators, and is unashamedly unoptimised, maybe his current paltry profit is just beginner's luck? It's certainly less than both Alpari and GKFX MT4 backtests predict!

@FF
Jim - ill download the source and will have a play with ray.. :cool::eek::idea:

:eek:

Jim

Last edited:
@PB

I assume your remark is made with your thumb firmly in your cheek?

Note that Ray claims to be educational, and doesn't claim to deliver vast profits in virtually no time. Since he's currently only trading a fixed 10 pence per pip, maybe he'd be in a better position to throw a bigger party if he'd been using some other form of position sizing?

Alternatively since he uses no indicators, and is unashamedly unoptimised, maybe his current paltry profit is just beginner's luck? It's certainly less than both Alpari and GKFX MT4 backtests predict!

@FF

:eek:

Jim
had a look at ray.....

take a look at steve hopwoods site and look at the the over bought / over sold conditions like in gday - thats a start.

have a look at what the beast does and look at forex robot by scoobs.

then have a look at the commercial master scalper robot and what it does - use the idea of channels & hi/lo's.

add that to ray.

:clover:

:cheesy:

Morning Francis,

take a look at steve hopwoods site and look at the the over bought / over sold conditions like in gday - thats a start.

have a look at what the beast does and look at forex robot by scoobs.

then have a look at the commercial master scalper robot and what it does - use the idea of channels & hi/lo's.

add that to ray.

Thanks for your kind suggestions. Unfortunately Ray's limited amounts of grey matter aren't capable of calculating all those indicators. He therefore has no choice but to keep things stupidly simple.

Do any of the creatures you refer to manage to achieve Ray's astonishing correlation between live and demo results? Do any of them achieve better correlation between MT4 backtest results and live forward tests than Ray for that matter?

Cheers,

Jim

Morning Francis,

Thanks for your kind suggestions. Unfortunately Ray's limited amounts of grey matter aren't capable of calculating all those indicators. He therefore has no choice but to keep things stupidly simple.

Do any of the creatures you refer to manage to achieve Ray's astonishing correlation between live and demo results? Do any of them achieve better correlation between MT4 backtest results and live forward tests than Ray for that matter?

Cheers,

Jim

Jim, you can easily add in a stochastic to Ray.

Your a clever chap you can do it.

As for correlation - what are you on about? its a fixed spread breakout ea, did you forget what the game was about? We are trying to make bots that generate lots of pips LIVE.

not demo, not back test, we do not care for correlation.

come on jim, put the crack down.