New Trend for Gold?

It seems precious have decided that upside is the play. Glad to see they are currencies once again, I had some worrying days along the way, feel somewhat vindicated now.

TWI said:
It seems precious have decided that upside is the play. Glad to see they are currencies once again, I had some worrying days along the way, feel somewhat vindicated now.
i still dont trust it, its hit the minimum upside target i was looking now we shall see im on the sidelines
when its obvious i will be in there

My indicators have turned Gold bullish as of 30th October.

But take that with a pinch of salt. Like I've said before - I'm a stock trader!

Just my ten pence worth.

Thanks

Damian

I'm with you on this one Andy as despite my bullish bias on goldie .......... we have finally reached the big resistance level in high teens on dec contract which caused probs in past. However got into Durban Deep (aka DRD gold) yesterday so plenty pleased.

Hi Andy,

I don't trade Gold, so can't really comment to be honest!

The bullish signal that's just occurred on my system for Gold is a long-term one, so that could mean your short is good for the short-term.

Thanks

Damian

Hook Shot said:
I'm with you on this one Andy as despite my bullish bias on goldie .......... we have finally reached the big resistance level in high teens on dec contract which caused probs in past. However got into Durban Deep (aka DRD gold) yesterday so plenty pleased.

cool
glad to hear it

damianoakley said:
Hi Andy,

I don't trade Gold, so can't really comment to be honest!

The bullish signal that's just occurred on my system for Gold is a long-term one, so that could mean your short is good for the short-term.

Thanks

Damian
maybe easier to give a point of view if you have nothing to gain or lose, i hear what you are saying and i can see why but i have to follow my plan
BTW
whilst crude was making new highs and everyone was buying and their mother i was selling the rest is history
i dont fight the trend i just look for the end of it. sometimes its right and pays well other times its wrong and i take a relatively small hits

Gold looks bullish to me - Mondays break (and close) above the trend line is the main factor & todays rise makes the H&S pattern look more convincing.

I'm long from 605 and fancy a swift move up to about 640, although my exit will be dictated by a reversal on the hourly chart rather than any target.

Simon

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 205
simon
from my perspective this is a short not because i wont it but my chart reading and geometry is tells me it is
it could run to 640 there is always that possibility
for quite a while i have been saying we should go to the 618 area or 620 ish as a max so now it has hit my target i think this is it. the upside is limited if im wrong i have no issues there is no ego i'll take my medicine

Great to see the gold lovers back in force.......however apart from being a trade can we really believe that the dollar is finally on the skids and gold is now ready sterling 2.00 and dow ready to fold. Nah the market is just taking the .... as usual nice long for those who caught it and short for those of that persuasion - no names ............ but I see now major changes near term in fact I'm looking for dollar yen rally possibly back to 120 again.

The big slider is too good to come true .just yet - I think

HS - Gold Fan

Ah, the last hurrah. Gold lovers have come out quick on this rally, usually a sell signal. Unfortunately, I can't control the actions of others, so gold may still continue higher. As for the long-term, I would avoid gold like a fat kid avoids exercise...

Looks like the gold may be breaking out of the triangle started in MAY 2006, next hurdle 640 resistance; then the key will be the pullback from that level.......anything too large..and could be false breakout...

gugaplex said:
Ah, the last hurrah. Gold lovers have come out quick on this rally, usually a sell signal. Unfortunately, I can't control the actions of others, so gold may still continue higher. As for the long-term, I would avoid gold like a fat kid avoids exercise...

He he .... You might be right about the long term, but then who here is interested in the long term? For now at least, gold is on the up so the easy 'short term' money is on the long side.

It's a matter of finding direction from the daily chart & then drilling down for entries.

Simon

It's a matter of finding direction from the daily chart & then drilling down for entries.

I use 20-90min charts on gold. Of course it means there is a bit more whipping around but in the long run you get on everything and get out quickly when it all goes the "wrong" way. Each day in the morning and evening I look at a screen which has daily, weekly and monthly charts displayed and flick through every commodity to get a general picture of how the sectors are moving, after that it is all down to the smaller timeframes.

when gold saw dow making highs it decided to get a move on - Dow/gold ratio expected to slide having hit trend line rez around 21ish recently. Gold should now continue to outperform Dow in mid to longer term - hopefully.

HS

Line in the sand for gold is $640. If it substantially eclipses $640, then it will run a good bit higher. However, if it struggles to breach $640, the bottom should fall out. At these levels, the risk/reward is not favorable for the bulls, and anyone shorting should keep their finger on the trigger...