New to trading and this forum

dusher

Hey, new here, only been trading a couple of weeks. Currently my broker is etx capital, liked the charts so gave them a shot. Only working with a small budget (few £k) and already losing a little with being too greedy in the learning process.

Looking forward to reading some of the more successful guys stories/strategies. (y)

stop trading real money - NOW
start learning and researching and paper trading (6m-12m)
once you can make a profit consistently go back to live trading

N

Hi dusher,
Welcome to T2W.

If you're a wealthy wo/man and your £2k is pocket change that you wouldn't notice if it wasn't there - then it's probably okay to continue to trade with real money. If you care about at all and would rather hang on to it than lose it - then my advice is to follow NVP's advice!
;)
Tim.

stop trading real money - NOW
start learning and researching and paper trading (6m-12m)
once you can make a profit consistently go back to live trading

N

Thanks for the advice. Ive done paper trading but it just didn't feel real enough for me, done a couple of months and was in profit. But I had no attachment to fake money. I'm just betting 50p a point, I'm never going to be hit bad enough to clear my account but I still don't want to lose it. Hope that makes sense (y)

Hi dusher,
Welcome to T2W.

If you're a wealthy wo/man and your £2k is pocket change that you wouldn't notice if it wasn't there - then it's probably okay to continue to trade with real money. If you care about at all and would rather hang on to it than lose it - then my advice is to follow NVP's advice!
;)
Tim.

I'm not massively wealthy but if it was gone it wouldn't affect my life or my future. Like I said above I would rather trade with real money but just small quantity per point.

Im just trying to make myself rules, or a trading protocol. No more than x amount per point for 6 months, lose x amount of money in a day I will leave it etc.

If anyone has any pointers or broker recommendations that would be great. ETX capitals charts seem great but Ive only tried 2 brokers so far, would like to hear from people who actually trade and not adverts on youtube :LOL: