New to trading and long term investing...

Donny13

So I recently got into trading and investing. The catalyst for me was COVID. I had to get in!

I've joined trade2win to seek out advice and help so I'm excited to see what this has in store for me. I'm looking to trade stocks as well as build a strong dividend portfolio in the process. I have also joined a very decent community page that aims to help UK based dividend investors www.tradingbouys.com - check them out if you like

Has anyone got any advice for a newbie like myself?

So I recently got into trading and investing. The catalyst for me was COVID. I had to get in!

I've joined trade2win to seek out advice and help so I'm excited to see what this has in store for me. I'm looking to trade stocks as well as build a strong dividend portfolio in the process. I have also joined a very decent community page that aims to help UK based dividend investors www.tradingbouys.com - check them out if you like

Welcome aboard @Donny13 :)

You're getting in at the right time.

Enjoy the ride!

😷

Buy all them UK stocks! Every day into small quantities as UK will bounce back in the next 5-6 months and u are looking at 2x -3x AIG,NATIONAL EXPRESS,STOBARD GROUP, BAE, BABCOOCK etc daily buys of anything between 0.5 to 1 share

Keep the two themes of your capital management, trading and investing, entirely separate.

As you say, dividend-paying shares are worth attention in but these are hopefully multi-decade positions. Aim to keep the shares forever, don't churn your portfolio and do reinvest the dividends, especially in the early decades.

Your trading targets might be in all measurable ways the opposite of your investment targets. Just trade what you see in the price chart.

I hope now you are making a good profit in trading and are enjoying your trade.

I would like to start investing in island nations. It's much easier to start earning there and less taxes. All that's left is to get a citizenship. It's good that this coincides with my goals.
Hi, what is island nations ? are you moving away from Ukraine?

I, too, was a rookie who began off the same way you did. One of the most important pieces of advice I can give you is to enter the market when it is at its peak, and then, if you can't stand being in the red, sell and profit, and if you can, wait your turn until your currency is back in the black. To summarize, the cryptocurrency market is a job for the patient.
What do you mean, when the market is at its peak? Do you just mean it is a new high?

The fist thing you should do is dedicate yourself to learn trading first. Never be in a hurry to make a live investment and get profit out of it. Trading needs traders to be patient to get the best out of it. I am wishing you all the very best.