New to this! PLEASE Read!

MrHudson

Hi everyone! please note this is not a cry out for help.. I just want to make a different life for my self.. life is good but my finances/bank would disagree!

Currently just lost my job to reasons that where out of my control..

Just need a heads up on how to get started / where to go?
Please help if you can!

Thanks.
MrHudson.

Hi everyone! please note this is not a cry out for help.. I just want to make a different life for my self.. life is good but my finances/bank would disagree!

Please help if you can!

Thanks.
MrHudson.
Start at the Job Centre. When you've got something more stable going on once again, then look at trading. Coming into trading as a last resort for financial security is a recipe for disaster.

It will take you years to even have the slightest chance of making money, don't be fooled in to thinking you can just go straight in and make a living from the start. If that was possible, everyone would be trading using laptops on yachts. Find another job as soon as possible and use your spare time to learn the markets, there is loads of information on this site. Spend a few days reading and understanding the topics at the top of the "First Steps" part of the forum.

I MrHudson,
Welcome to T2W.

I endorse the comments from both Pat Riley and brewski1984 above - both of which offer very sound advice IMO.

Check out the links in the welcome e-mail you received when you joined and try not to be in too much of a hurry to make money. Moreover, it's possible, likely even, that you'll have a sustained period quite early on when you do well and your account will enjoy fantastic growth. If it's a demo account trading paper money, you'll be tempted to go live before you're ready. If it's a live account, you'll be tempted to risk more and increase the size of your trades in order to enjoy even larger profits. Please note that the trading careers of many former T2W members have ended prematurely in this way! If you need a job, trading is unlikely to be the short term answer - unless you have a double first from Cambridge in physics and economics or computer science and maths. In which case, send your CV to the HR departments of investment banks and the like.
Tim.

I totally agree with the comments above, even though you may feel them to be a little harsh at the moment. I started off 10 years ago in similar circumstances, and only wish I had heeded the same advice that was given to me at the time.

We always think that we are going to be the ones who are different, and it's a saddening discovery to find that we're really no better than the overwhelming majority, especially in trading. That's not to wipe out your hopes of one day deriving at least a part of your income from trading, as the most successful traders I've known have been no smarter than the average bear :)

Take your time and do your study, it will reward you in the long run. Best wishes…

Your first step is decide on something to trade, is it FX, Stocks, Options, CFDs then your next step is to open or obtain access (very quick and easy) to a VIRTUAL trading platform. My suggestion is go with Options for a number of reasons that beat all other forms of trading.

Settle in with your spare time and determination and watch the years go by as you try to master the trade. Learning to trade is a long slow process that can only be sped up by paying for mentoring IF you can find someone that cares about your success as much as you do.

Most of all DON'T give up, but just don't be fooled into thinking it will happen over night. You will pay your dues one way or another.

Good luck man,
Lloyd

Please help if you can!

Thanks.
MrHudson.

hey dude............wherever you go please do not turn to trading / gambling / get rich quick schemes .......they will only get you into more difficulty

please do not look at trading your way to success...........your mindset and bank account are certainly NOT in the right place to start things ! :sneaky:

telling how it is buddy ...........I came back bankrupt from failed ventures in Australia and new Zealand back in the early 90's and got my nose back on the grindstone............no trading , no gambling just office work for long hours and eventually good paycheques as I climbed back into decent roles and jobs ..........

good luck dude
N

Last edited:
I cant believe what I have read on this thread from experienced traders ............sure perhaps start to research trading for a future income/venture when things are solid........ but right now ??

seriously ?

seriously ?

N

Hi NVP,
I cant believe what I have read on this thread from experienced traders ............sure perhaps start to research trading for a future income/venture when things are solid........ but right now?
I'm a tad confused by your 'I can't believe' comment? Doesn't the quote in blue summarise the basic message of everyone that's replied to MrHudson? It sums up the basic thrust of all the posts pretty well IMO.
Tim.

sorry - I read it as some people were supporting the guy trading.........

must be the hangover......:eek:nline2lo

N

Last edited:

Please help if you can!

Thanks.
MrHudson.

Try one of these…

Efinancialcareers.co.uk
Jobsite.co.uk
Cityjobs.co.uk