New Thumbnail charts

iainpw

Anybody having problems with the thumbnails ?

When i open up a chart i get a full size screen which starts to generate the chart with everything clearly shown. However, once the chart is produced it suddenly shrinks and i can't read anything on the chart.
I've played around with the settings but had no success.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers.....Iain :confused:

Exactly the same. I was waiting for someone who posts charts regularly to comment. Unless you're supposed to enlarge them again :confused:

I believe this is a "feature" of Internet Explorer. If the image is too big it resizes to fit the window - and you then have to click the button that appears with arrows (when you hover over the image) in order to see it full-size. I turned this off a long time ago because more often than not, you do want to see the full size image.

To turn this off, you just need to go into Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and turn it off - please see attached image.

Attachments

• resize.gif
    resize.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 558
Paul,
Thanks for that. All functioning & correct now. I thought it would be something simple.

Cheers
Iain

Thanks sharky for the tip

Also I 'm having problems actually posting the image as an attachement. The manage button doesnt appear to do anything with my computer

Thanks
NB

The process is very slightly different in that under Manage Attachments you have to browse to your file, then you have to click on the Upload button. Then click on Submit Reply.

If you forget to click on the Upload button first, your chart won't be attached to your post.

The problem is that NOTHING happens when the manage attachments button is pressed

I raised this before and FTSEB was looking at it but nothing since

Try making T2W one of your trusted sites? Well, it worked for me! :)

I still can't see any thumbnails, though! :(

Cheers

Mayfly

I'm still here, but just for today...

Rognvald, do you have either the google toolbar, zone alarm or norton firewall (or some other firewall) installed, and finally are your privacy and security settings in IE different to the default settings? Please also send me the html of the page with the "Manage Attachments" button on it. Something is killing the popup, it's just a case of finding out which bit of software it is.

Mayfly, please send me the html source for any page that isn't showing the thumbnails - it will help to see what's going on.

If you're unable to see the thumbnail charts (they literally appear to be missing, but if you hover your mouse over where they should appear you can click to get the full image), then the likelihood is you have ZoneAlarm (or some such firewall product) and it's causing the images not be shown. ZoneAlarm uses fuzzy logic to block images that it believes to be ads. You can turn this option off in the ZoneAlarm preferences. I don't have ZoneAlarm, so don't know exactly what the settings are, but I would welcome anyone who has had this problem, and who overcame it to explain in detail what they needed to do to resolve the problem.

Sharky said:
If you're unable to see the thumbnail charts (they literally appear to be missing, but if you hover your mouse over where they should appear you can click to get the full image), then the likelihood is you have ZoneAlarm (or some such firewall product) and it's causing the images not be shown. ZoneAlarm uses fuzzy logic to block images that it believes to be ads. You can turn this option off in the ZoneAlarm preferences. I don't have ZoneAlarm, so don't know exactly what the settings are, but I would welcome anyone who has had this problem, and who overcame it to explain in detail what they needed to do to resolve the problem.

Ahhh got it at last - thanks Sharky !

In ZoneAlarm go to Privacy then the Ad Blocking tag, either turn this off for all sites which is a bit much, or turn it off for only T2W by clicking on the Site List tab, selecting www.trade2win.com then select options and select the Ad Blocking tag. Doing it this way will make the thumbnails appear on T2W but will not affect other sites. Its not too obvious that the Ad Blocking can be made site specific, but it works !

Sharky I had ZA set to show nothing so that why hovering over the image didn't make it appear.

Cheers

Stew

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! We've finally got to the bottom of it - and its confirmed my suspicions that ZoneAlarm was the culprit. I must say it quite suprising that firewall/virus/ad-blocking software has this kind of functionality that can alter web pages to remove content. I guess it's an inevitable consequence of the increasing sophisticated ways that people are exploiting the internet. :(