New Member Profile Section (Socially Networked)

Sharky

Staff
In case you haven't already spotted the new member profile page, this went live last week during the latest round of updates to the site.

To accommodate the new social networking features familiar to the likes of facebook and myspace, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up.

I've attached a screenshot of Arbitrageur's public profile (as it's a good example of the new profile in use).

userprofile.png

Here's a list of some of the main features:

Extended Trading Profile and Inline Editing

We've created a comprehensive trading profile section, so you can share with other members all the details about your trading.

The 'About Me' tab of each member's profile page also has edit controls, allowing you to quickly change values without having to visit your User CP.

Contacts and Friends

As part of the new social networking system, users can now add contacts and make friendship requests, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

Public Messaging

While private messages between users have always been around, this update introduces the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.

User Picture Galleries

T2W users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account.

User-Created Social Groups

To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, T2W now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.

These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

--------------

To view your profile, simply click the 'My Profile' link near the top left of the page. To view other members profile, simply click 'View Public Profile' from the drop down menu against any members name next to their post in the forums.

Finally don't forget to check out the new Networking section of the 'Quick Links' drop down menu near the top of the page.

ps. Congrats to Arbitrageur on his recent wedding! (Hope you don't mind me using your profile as a good example!)

Bump - for those that missed the announcement last night!

As more members update their trading profile, the member search will become increasingly useful. You can search members based on any element of their profile, so for example you can find other traders who use the same broker, software and trading the same markets etc - this is something I hope to capitalise more on in future.

To get to the member search, you can either click 'Member List' from the menu above, and 'ADvanced Search' or use this link:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/memberlist.php?do=search

We've made a further update to the Trading Profile section, this includes new options for display your 'Preferred Trading Region' and 'Preferred Trading Software' (we've split this into 2 as it's quite a long list), we've renamed 'Preferred Trading Methods' to 'Preferred Trading Instruments
' for clairy and finally we've expanded the 'Preferred Trading Markets' to include more specific markets like, Energies, Bonds, Swaps etc