new ideas??

A couple of assumptions there FC.

Deena doesn't say if he/she is losing money - just need for something new (AND) to make money.

Looking at Camarilla and some other trading system sounds more like boredom (as suggested by Grubs) rather than a losing 2-year streak.

so why the use of the hyphen??

its all semantics anyway. im sure Deena will inform us of his/her situation.

still, its been ages since i've had a good natter about grammar and general use of english. who fancies joining me in pedants corner?

FC

FC

Shouldn't sentences begin with a capital letter?

Pete

And 'its' should actually be 'it's' (and im = i'm)........................maybe charity should begin at home..........lol

Last edited:
And for the record me don't fink 'foetid' is spelt 'fettered'. :D

Sorry couldn't resist - it's up to the gentleman what he does with his trousers after all. Oh I've stuck me long pink nose in again, sorry... not in his troos mind, I've little interest in that direction. :eek:

Incidentally why do fashion mags occasionally refer to jeans and trousers as, for instance, "a well cut linen trouser" or "a jean of considerable quality" when most of us prefer the plural? Both sides have a point I feel.

Last edited:
Deena is definitely getting more than he/she bargained for here.
he/she has probably exploded by now trying to assimilate all these new ideas.

O.K.

My my, I thought I was the only person here with a case of extreme Pedantry. I'm glad I am not alone. Gives me some comfort.

Anyway, let's all be patriotic please and start praying for my Long position (fnar fnar) . Rumours of its demise abound...

FC

Attachments

• pic21358.gif
    pic21358.gif
    125.4 KB · Views: 446
twalker

Have you looked at trading spreads between indices or spreads in interest rate futures. This is how I spend my time and it works better than other things for me.

I have been trying to find information on trading interest rate spreads and strategies that may be applied to trading this market. However, I have not found much to help. Can you recommend any useful reading or sources of information on this?

Not a lot written about this. It is more a style that is passed on from through word of mouth. In my experience it stems from the x-floor traders who got booted out when the screens took over. Today it is taught in the arcades but we wouldn't actually want anybody to write about it, spend too much time staring at trading screens to do that.

Would you be willing to provide any help on this subject (off this board if necessary)

Looking for practical information on what type of spreads to use
and in which circumstances. The only thing I have found at all is a
small section in Van Tharps book written by a LIFFE trader by the name of Kevin Thomas.

I tend to show people what I do if they work in the same place as I do. But no doubt the Liffe guy was talking about the same thing. It is not something that can easilly be explained via e-mail the only way, as with most things, is practical application. It is necessary to be hands on. We start new people off on a trainer for about 4-6 weeks then just get them into the real market. Success rates are pretty good.

JM - ive no idea if this will help but I once saw a book with either eurodollars or ted spread in the title - cant remember which, but it was about trading spreads on interest rate products. like i say i only saw the book and I've no idea if its about longterm spreads or scalping the spread. Its a thick 'ol tomb though.

Try a search on amazon.

We have taken those out of circulation and done away with the author already. Today we are far more pre-emptive, as is the fashion.

twalker-

What timescale are you trading on.
Are you holding positions or are trades lasting for less than a day?

What type of spread are you using e.g straight, butterfly or some sort of strip or bundle
Which contract expiries are you using?
e.g. are you using the front month plus a later expiry or spreads constructed further out on the curve?

thirteen-
Can't find anything. There really does seem to be a dearth of information on this subject. I can't think of any other futures market with less information on how to trade it in circulation. It is surprising given that the interest rate futures market is also one of the biggest.

Last edited:
Timescale varies and I trend follow as well as spread trade. Generally in the spreads, once in, I will look to get out for a tick. The trade will last a few seconds to few days, even have some now that have been open 2 weeks. Trade straight calendar, butterfly, condor and various combos of these.
The expiries are right along the curve as far as there is liquidity usually this limits it further than green months. Tend to stick in the back whites and reds for most of it, although the exchange rebates are better further along curve you go.

twalker-

Thanks for the pointers. I was thinking of starting with just
a straight spread to start with. I was wondering which months would be good to use for this?
The example in have seen used front month and 1 year out.
What would be a good spread to start out with?

What do you mean by the black? Is this the front month?

Last edited:
I would stick with the 3 month spreads to start with i.e. Dec04/Mar05
Chart them all and have a good look before you do anything.

Did I say black?

Thanks again
Will chart them and see what works.

Sorry, I misread.
You said back not black

Deena,

It has been several months since your original post. How has the camarilla equation been working for you? What are the ups and downs ?... if you don't mind some elaboration.

Many thanks.