NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

11wdlw2.gif

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

thanks when should stop?

2) Red candle closes

3) Green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) Enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."
TheRumpledOne is online now Add to TheRumpledOne's Reputation Report Post

25pmy5f.gif

2) Red candle closes

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

s2r2hl.gif

2) Red candle closes

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

2hdnsjc.gif

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

wv7kti.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

=============================================

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

2) Red candle closes

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

imryup.gif

Last chance was at 109.45. That long entry was good for 10 or more quick pips.

=======================================

1zpmb1y.gif

2yzihz8.gif

2) Red candle closes

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6hrqbm.gif

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

Just a quick note to say "Thanks for your contribution."

I'll have to spend tomorrow from the beginning of the thread and reading all the way through as I have only just happened upon it. Got to go out tonight...No play makes for a boring individual!

From what I've seen in a lot of the FX related forums out there, being shut out of a lot of them isn't anything I'd be worried about. I generally avoid forums as they tend to attract a certain mindset of people I'd rather not associate with.

Cheers

2i8zk02.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

2) Red candle closes

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

qvyu.gif

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

Thankyou very much. I'm still only as far as page 24 as I am taking my time with this. I do apologise that this comment has nothing to do with trading, but should anyone else come anew to this thread like myself, take the time to read through it carefully. Eventually you will pick up on the repitition and identify that some postes of TROs are discussing different techniques. At first, to me anyway, it all looked like one system.

As the threads progress you start to pick up on what indicator does what. Expereinced people don't need them for sure, but computers are there to save you work, so why not use them.

Thanks TRO.

I must say after about 120 pages there is so much interference it's a little difficult to carry on. How in the hell can you refute a system based on statistical basis, simply because YOU don't think it's worth it? Take a look at Rob Bookers systems. He counts how many candles price has been from a specific MA, when it hits or surpasses that number, he looks for entry setups.

Is it perfect, no. Does it work, yes.

I really don't know if any of the techniques in this thread work until I have a go at them, but to come into this thread with an almighty self-imposed "got to save the newbie from the troll" attitude has done nothing but discredit yourselves. None have you have come forward with "flaws" in his presentation. Sure, a lot of accusations, name calling, but nothing thAt truly makes his technique worthless.

If you are so called self-made traders then surely you must acknowledge ere is a lot of personal skill involved in trading, and a lot of the success people enjoy comes from their own interpretations that cannot be taught.

So the saviors are the reason I gave up on oanda forums, and well just about forums in general.

Last edited:
Sorry for starting another post, but the iPad wont let me scroll down through a previous post in edit mode. Hence a few grammatical and spelling errors not fixed.

Anyways, I have just had one of the quietest days at work and save the last 20-30pages, have read it all. As you mentioned in the chat last night, it is mostly repetitive (once the weeds leave the thread to progress).

If I understand it correctly so far, what you have is basically a trading portfolio. Based on price action itself under certain situation that statistically have a higher chance of playing through for about 5 pips.

It could potentially work out like this...

Play horizontal lines until you get 3 or more hourly candles line up, the look for the buzzard. When the trading day brings you to within 20pips of the daily high or low, switch to the rat trade.

Sweet....

I'm assuming the multitude of indicators are there to help different thought patterns SEE. Some need glasses, some bifocals and some binoculars!! Certainly microscopes need not apply!

Guess all that's left now is to load up my platform and give it a whirl!

Thanks again.