NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

o5swnn.gif

Modified an indicator to plot lines at distances from open price or user entered price.

Defaults are 5, 10, 20, 50, 75 and 100.

You can tell it what bar's open to use.

Default is current bar.

Yellow HORIZONTAL LINE is at the bar OPEN price.

Green lines are the positive pips from open.

Red lines are the negative pips from open.

Colors are inputs.

I attached the FREE indicator.

May this will make it easier for some people to SEE.

I don't SEE a loser this bar. 20 pip SL was not hit for green entry on 1.4875

Attachments

• TRO_PIPLEVELS.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
qp2pvn.gif

Using the custom candle indicator to show H1 on a M5 chart, I don't see a loser going long at 1.4700 two H1 bars ago.

How many wins in a row do you need before you quit for the day?

TRO - thanks for posting that code I will take a look and hopefully it will speed up the EA development.

BG - the point of the EA is not for it to be used in trading (unless it turns out to be very profitable! - and even then it would require a lot of work to ensure that didn't do stupid things as EA's tend to do) but to be able to run it over a timeseries so that you can demonstrate that the pattern you believe to be true is in fact true over more than the timeseries you have looked at it.

It's all very well pointing out what could happen in one trade, or even one day - but you need to know that it is repeatable over many trades and many many days. You can do this by watching the screen constantly or by backtesting/forward testing without having to. The EA can dramatically speed up the process you are undertaking.

TRO - thanks for posting that code I will take a look and hopefully it will speed up the EA development.

BG - the point of the EA is not for it to be used in trading (unless it turns out to be very profitable! - and even then it would require a lot of work to ensure that didn't do stupid things as EA's tend to do) but to be able to run it over a timeseries so that you can demonstrate that the pattern you believe to be true is in fact true over more than the timeseries you have looked at it.

It's all very well pointing out what could happen in one trade, or even one day - but you need to know that it is repeatable over many trades and many many days. You can do this by watching the screen constantly or by backtesting/forward testing without having to. The EA can dramatically speed up the process you are undertaking.

Yes I gather it's used for testing, but I've no idea how the gubbings work. If I see what I think is a pattern I'll just trade it from the outset and make adjustments as I go along. I never bet the house on any one trade, never assume it will last for any length of time, never stop tweaking.

Bunny

Favouritism. :(

It’s your username. “UKtradergirl” sounds professional and threatening. You should have called yourself “sweetinnocentprincess”. TRO would be tripping over himself to answer you...:LOL:

No offence to anyone...except perhaps that bad member...you know the one I am talking about :mad:

It’s your username. “UKtradergirl” sounds professional and threatening. You should have called yourself “sweetinnocentprincess”. TRO would be tripping over himself to answer you...:LOL:

No offence to anyone...except perhaps that bad member...you know the one I am talking about :mad:

Ha ha.... NOT!

UKTradergirl knows better. She has been in my chatroom more than once and I stopped trading to take the time to answer her questions. She got to hear live calls. And she thanked me. Then she comes back to the forum and starts posting snide remarks instead of being polite. Had she continued to be polite, i would answer her questions.

It's like I said before, following the rules of the road can get you killed if you don't SEE what's going on with traffic. You can be "right"... DEAD RIGHT! Same thing with trading. Sometimes you may ride out a trade with a 20 pip SL. Other times you may bail at a 5 or 10 pip SL depending on what you SEE happening.

Got this in a email from a fellow trader today....

More stats based on your CC_STATS....

Columns are you CandleColor counts followed by theses counts:
Made TP in red direction
Made SL in red direction
BuyZone fakeout (went 3 pips red, but did not go on to TP)
Previous bar alerted to sell using your TRO_3 indicator (preceded by 3 green bars)
Made TP after buzzard alert.

Next set of columns are the same data for long.

The interesting ones -- where the Buzzard Alert worked 100% of the time
are flagged with <=!!.

An example on the attached USDCAD chart shows 960 bars of data (40 days)
and a buzzard alert after teh 15:00 hour 13 times -- all 13 of which
produced profit. And regardless of the buzzard, there were only 3
buy zone fakeouts. Statistically significant, I'd say.

6pq2p0.png

A pretty picture, TRO, but i haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Tell us about the strategies you mention now. How does a 'buzzard alert' work, and what is your 'buyzone' strategy exactly?

Regarding your other post about me... just 'seeing' a price and guessing at a stop loss can be a scary experience. In today's volatile markets especially, an inexperienced person could easily end up looking at a 100 pip loss- paralysed by trader 'fear'. Your statement is all very well if someone is more experienced, but even then, i'd be treading very carefully indeed. Foolish thing to do, to trade without a stop in mind.

Got to say it, bunnygirl, you're like a breath of fresh air :)
Richard

Fresh air??? Now how do you know it's fresh air? I think you should get environmental health to come and check the last 1000 breaths for any sign of pollutants! Mints at the ready :cry:

Bunny

A pretty picture, TRO, but i haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Tell us about the strategies you mention now. How does a 'buzzard alert' work, and what is your 'buyzone' strategy exactly?

Regarding your other post about me... just 'seeing' a price and guessing at a stop loss can be a scary experience. In today's volatile markets especially, an inexperienced person could easily end up looking at a 100 pip loss- paralysed by trader 'fear'. Your statement is all very well if someone is more experienced, but even then, i'd be treading very carefully indeed. Foolish thing to do, to trade without a stop in mind.

You're asking me about the Buy Zone? Go read the Buy Zone thread.

Buzzard Strategy is what I call waiting for the 3 like colored H1 candles in a row before you enter a reverse trade. Had you READ the NEVER LOSE AGAIN THREADS, you would know that.

How many times must I tell you that the STOPS ARE BUILT IN? TRADE WITH THE COLOR OF THE H1 CANDLE, NOT AGAINST IT. That means if the H1 candle turns AGAINST you, IT IS TIME TO EXIT!!

Either you DO NOT READ or you just DO NOT GET IT.

Why don't you spend your time reading another thread that is easier for you to understand? It obvious that this thread is either way beneath you or way over your head.

Here's the first of the week.

11pm opened at 1.2607...low of the 5 min bar that hit the entry long was 1.2611, therefore we go long at 1.2625, stop at 1.2609, part profit first target 1.2641 for 16 pips (already hit as seen on chart). Stops to b/e now for risk free 2nd target 1.2673, 3rd target 1.2737.

Bunny

2wfn6u9.png

all hindsight tho bunny, real time is what they need and never get.

we are all brilliant hindsight traders ..... arent we

Monday 00.00 opened at 1.2642. So if eurusd were to go higher & break 1.2650 we could have an overlapping trade because the 2nd & 3rd target from 11.00pm is still running. IF eurusd were to go down instead, the remaining longs from 11.00pm would stop out, and then a short would be initiated at 1.2624 if seen...that would be my trading plan.

Bunny

all hindsight tho bunny, real time is what they need and never get.

we are all brilliant hindsight traders ..... arent we

look at the timestamps, it's as real as I could make it this time because I was in the middle of a game of backgammon :) , by the time I'd added lines & text, taken the screenshot, uploaded to tinypic & then uploaded again to T2W. In any case, the chart is telling the truth, you can see the 5 min bar crossing the line & the target being hit before the line below gets hit, and the stop just below the 5 mins (after the bar had closed) hadn't been hit either.

Welcome to my green-eyed monster list FXWinner22 :clap: constructive critisism I can deal with, but what you say above is not right.

Bunny

Are there any volunteers to post some charts and numbers too if you've got the hang of how it works? I don't want to be tied here all week, I don't mind posting now and again, but for me to post every hour is going to be too much.

Bunny