Needing help from everyone on T2W.

sayvia

Hi everyone,

I am from the UK, I work here, I trade the stock market here with minimal success, I am a guy of dual nationality, but I need serious help as not only is my long term goal to buy my own house, but I wish to bring my family over from my 2nd country.

I am looking to raise £63,000 asap, and then still continue on to my long term goal, I am building my own funds and raising as well on my own by working and trading etc, but with help from a focused campaign, I need help from everyone,

sorry for the short message but view my gofundme for the full story:

http://www.gofundme.com/rhpx8s

Please help, regards.

A strange reply, but fine, I can answer these...

£185k is my long term goal in order to buy a house, I'm needing £63k at present to get my family across, but every penny of that is actually going on the long term goal, not on any other expenses, that is what my salary is for.

Yes it has been active for 9 days and I am still trying to break through to get my first donation.

I don't see what voting has to do with anything here, nor do I actually know what a vendor badge is, so actually no I don't have a vendor badge, nor do I have an actual business. I make some money outside of my employment, but not as a business, let alone where you claim to have seen a badge. I have nothing more to say to you or the spirits.

You have a Vendor Badge attached to the left of posts you have made and it looks like a cash register so you must have registered as a vendor when you set up your profile.

I see, thank you Trader 333.

I checked my profile, I selected the option about if I was on here for commercial and to market something to other users, so I assumed my gofundme would fall into this category. Just to clear up, I'm here for two things, for help with trading, and my gofundme. So I'm not a proper vendor or a business but looking for help on two fronts, if either of these is disallowed I expect a moderator like yourself to let me know. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am from the UK, I work here, I trade the stock market here with minimal success, I am a guy of dual nationality, but I need serious help as not only is my long term goal to buy my own house, but I wish to bring my family over from my 2nd country.

I am looking to raise £63,000 asap, and then still continue on to my long term goal, I am building my own funds and raising as well on my own by working and trading etc, but with help from a focused campaign, I need help from everyone,

sorry for the short message but view my gofundme for the full story:

http://www.gofundme.com/rhpx8s

Please help, regards.

What's in it for me if I were to help you? :rolleyes:

Why should I consider helping you? :rolleyes:

I think you should patent this idea and try selling it as a franchise :idea:

You've got to admire his approach though. Most come here asking us to tell them about a successful strategy, this guy isn't even interested in the strategy, he just asks for the pot of gold at the end.

Ok, responding to what is written so far...

Yes I guess the gofundme is reliant on selflessness, I'm an average hardworking guy, I get my salary, minus expenses, most of the leftover goes into savings and bits go into my trading funds and one or two other bits as detailed on my gofundme page, I started the crowdfunding to possibly help me get there quicker...

It is up to people if they wish to help or not, I explain my situation and I continue to answer questions should anyone have any, to help me would help me unite my family properly, and to help us settle, but it's not like I'm totally relying on other people, I don't know how many people in this forum live in the UK, but you can't buy a house for £185k here, a house averages £245k here plus further expenses, and even if the total contributions remain at £0, my monetary requirement will go down from my employment...

If I could have patented this idea, I would have and made money off it, but no, crowdfunding has been around for a few years now... and why am I only asking NOW? Because about 3 months ago my situation changed...

And finally, yes I am browsing the forum for trading strategy, I have my own pot of gold mainly from my job, I'm asking the world if anyone can help me fill it enough to help me get property independence, I have my own living independence, but at the current cost of being separated from my family. I didn't want to put it so bluntly on my gofundme page to make it a sob story, but there you have it...

You make a good point, I shouldn't have been so general in saying 'UK', that was my bad, where I'm not a house expert, even on my page I don't go into such detail but I'm obviously looking for certain areas around London based on my job, and my family size.

Either way, the £185k isn't the whole, as again I work, and I have my savings, I have my trading account. I'll go as far as to add, say I was asking for the full amount without being able to sustain myself, let alone a family, I would struggle with everyday house bills etc.

I'll be honest you made a good point that took me by surprise, but even if I just become stuck, it's the best answer I have :S.

You make a good point, I shouldn't have been so general in saying 'UK', that was my bad, where I'm not a house expert, even on my page I don't go into such detail but I'm obviously looking for certain areas around London based on my job, and my family size.

Either way, the £185k isn't the whole, as again I work, and I have my savings, I have my trading account. I'll go as far as to add, say I was asking for the full amount without being able to sustain myself, let alone a family, I would struggle with everyday house bills etc.

I'll be honest you made a good point that took me by surprise, but even if I just become stuck, it's the best answer I have :S.

If you say this I'll be honest you it means everything else you have said has been dishonest and you make an exception by stating this is the only honest point you make. :whistling

Why don't you go as far as to tell us the whole truth? Why would anyone want to invest in you for half the story?

Why would anyone making a good point take you by surprise? YOU must be very intelligent and obviously find this an unusual event. :rolleyes:

If you work and you have savings - have you considered a mortgage?

I've met an Iranian who's working in a grocery who is trying to bring his wife here but he doesn't earn enough. So his looking for another better job or a second job to earn enough before he is entitled to bring his wife over.

To be honest with you ;) you are already pretty high on the food chain compared to him.

Keep working hard and best wishes to your future... (y)

Last edited:
Addressing what seems to be misconstrued, I said I was being honest about what I thought of the point that was made, I wasn't the one making a point, Trader333 was...

I gave a basic outline of my story in this thread, and a little more detail on the page. Where I am new to this i gave the info I felt was to the point, not too much, not too little, and yes I obviously want people to help me based on my story, there will be people who even there will think I talk and writen too much, but for those who think there is too little can ask and I can even add what I have been asked in an update so anyone with the same curiosity has it there...

It was a surprise because I'm going off of house prices based on an average for my area minus roughly what I expect to have in savings, I wasn't looking outside my interest areas, which is mainly the one I am currently in and one or two other areas, but would mean leaving my job etc. But i haven't even got as far as house hunting. I'm not sure about my intelligence or how that is relevant, though I tend to describe myself as 'not clever, not stupid'...

I did look at mortgages, but my current employment hasn't been that long (as I detail on the page) and furthermore I'm looking to climb the ladder, I have been with the same company since September, but already changed job title twice, that plus an immigrant family, where I myself am dual nationality has had a dim view by many...

I do mention on my page even if I find someone that could offer me a decent salary as an alternative to a donation, I've not lied at all and not lieing now in saying i probably should look for a high wage job, but have not been looking primarily as I'm looking for my current employer to promote me through the ranks, and that has kept me busy enough cos even if I weren't, the job is a hectic one along with making all this immigration work and working out the future.

I'm not even going to pretend to be low in the food chain, let alone the example you give, I live a comfortable life right now, but it's solo, depending on the family I have here, with family left behind, so I look to bring over my actual family while being the homeowner myself.

Thank you for your wishes.

Sayvia, can I ask what ya two nationalities are?

I think yer sailing inta a head wind on this one for a number of reasons. First, you don’t have ta be a UKIP supporter to realise immigration is a big issue. Most people regardless of political bent are against rather than for more immigration. This is across the whole a Europe not just the UK. There is a perceived worsening of domestic facilities and services and cost burden associated with immigrants which although overblown is a real issue in people’s minds. It’s primarily a tribal thing. Most will be at the very least unwilling to assist you and many will be outright hostile to your intent.

Second, most people of your age don’t own their own home, but would like to. You’re asking them to dip into their limited resource to effortlessly increase yours, while you quietly stash away your own savings and trade and suchlike, living a rare old life if ya don’t mind me sayin so. It’s a bit of a smack in the face isn’t it. They’d have ta be a real Mother Teresa to sacrifice their wherewithal to add ta yours.

Third, you’re looking at amass a cash liquidity massively in excess of what the vast majority of people in the UK can ever reasonably expect to have access – at any age. You only need ta read only a bit of Kahneman & Tversky to discover that people will not reduce their position in life in order to elevate someone else above it, or anywhere near it. I can’t remember the exact figures, but in an experiment, people were offered to choose between earning $60,000 a year or $40,000 a year. In the first case their contemporaries were earning $70,000 in the second, $30,000. The majority chose the latter. People would rather be worse off in absolute terms than better off in real terms, as long as they were relatively better off than everyone else. That isn’t modern day meanness, but millennia of bio-psychological survival conditioning and natural selection.

I have a very simple way to help anyone massively increase their chances in using crowd-funding and share it freely with those that are using it for the right reasons. I’m not going to share it with you as although I understand ya intent, I do not appreciate your methods. So I’m not goin ta wish ya luck as you’ll not be supported by the gods in this one, but I will suggest if you want to manifest ya dreams, you’ll need to find a thread of integrity, a smidgen of intelligence, cos that’s all it ever takes, and bring something ta the table that people want and sell it ta them. Honest commerce will always win hearts, minds and more often than not, the day.

Just thought I’d nip in the bud any come back on the Kahneman & Tversky experiement. It was suggested when that paper was released that the people choosing the latter option (smaller absolute salary but earning more than their contemporaries) had done so in the knowledge that if the majority were earning less than them, the costs of goods & services would tend to gravitate to a level of affordability for the mean, making their higher salary even more attractive than a higher absoluter salary in an environment where the mean (derived from their higher earning colleagues) was higher than their own salary. While this has some traction with those with an interest in economics (such as might be found to exist on a site like this), it was established that the population polled in the original experiment contained only trace members of this set.

A separate experiment was undertaken consisting of a higher concentration of economics trained individuals and the results were similar to the first experiment. The mean value of goods rationale however being applied post hoc, that is, after the decision event, which itself was purely (system 1 thinking) emotional.

I admire those immigrants who have come to England past and present over the centuries fleeing persecution or seeking a better life and have worked their guts out creating that for themselves and their families in a new and alien land. Not all immigrants obviously, but enough to have enriched this country by their efforts and attitudes for self improvement.
But then I'm biased, both sets of my grandparents and those of my wife came to this green and pleasant land with absolutely nothing and created a life for themselves and their children and their attitudes have been passed down to their grandchildren and great grandchildren. And all that was done without asking or receiving a penny from anyone or from the taxpayer. What they did receive was hostility from some, but also many people were warm and welcoming and there was a mutual respect and tolerance.
Our antecedents learnt English and integrated and pulled themselves up from nothing to a decent life and never complained or expected anything but to be allowed to live in peace in a tolerant land.
Unsurprisingly, we all love our free country.

Last edited: