Need Help on Screener

Hi everyone,

I am building a free stock screener for traders including myself. Currently I need some help from you awesome traders. It will be awesome if someone can give me some advice on my screener page. I will try my best to provide better solutions but I just need someone to tell me what he/she wants from a screener, especially those functions you need that are not supported on other major screeners. Please let me know if you are willing to help. That means a lot to me.

Thank you

My favourite stocks to play are dividend paying stocks nearing or breaking all time highs or 52 week highs. I would want to filter for exchange, volume, market cap, etc.

My favourite stocks to play are dividend paying stocks nearing or breaking all time highs or 52 week highs. I would want to filter for exchange, volume, market cap, etc.
Thank you so much!

I think on the screen I built you can type in:"
dividend yield > X%;
(52-week high - current price)/current price < 5%;
index is Nasdaq/SP500/Dow Jones;
volume/average volume > #;
market cap > ##;
..."

I am not sure if I am using the right conditions. It will be awesome if you can let me know. Then I can make sure the outcome is correct and send you the link. I don't wanna just give you a random outcome without testing it, since it may be harmful for you trading.

Franky

First you need a strategy so you know what kind of stocks you a screening for.
Hi Alex,

I already had some strategies on my screen, but I wanna know what other traders like you are looking for on a stock screener. Maybe traders are expecting to see different strategies, other functions and indicators(especially those functions or indicators that are not supported by other screeners). The screener page will be too subjective if it only includes my thoughts.

Thank you

Maybe so but in the end, you are screening for your strategy and no one else's.

I trade US small cap momo stocks from 7-10 AM for example and here's my scanner on TOS:
1658902706000.png

Fairly simple but it wouldn't help you because you might not care about US small cap momo stocks, specifically pre-market.

One thing that might be of interest is I sort by $vol which is basically last price * vol, which allows me to quickly see which tickers are pushing the most capital.

Thank you so much!

dividend yield > X%;
(52-week high - current price)/current price < 5%;
index is Nasdaq/SP500/Dow Jones;
volume/average volume > #;
market cap > ##;
..."

I am not sure if I am using the right conditions. It will be awesome if you can let me know. Then I can make sure the outcome is correct and send you the link. I don't wanna just give you a random outcome without testing it, since it may be harmful for you trading.

Franky
dividend yield > X%;
(52-week high - current price)/current price < 5%; WHAT ABOUT ALL TIME HIGH? AND MAYBE WITHIN 10%?
index is Nasdaq/SP500/Dow Jones; I'M BASED IN THE UK SO ONLY LOOKING FOR UK STOCKS DUE TO THE LOW GBP
volume/average volume > #; AVERAGE VOLUME OVER WHAT PERIOD AND IS IT INCREASING?
market cap > ##; GREATER THAN BUT ALSO LESS THAN A CERTAIN AMOUNT

dividend yield > X%;
(52-week high - current price)/current price < 5%; WHAT ABOUT ALL TIME HIGH? AND MAYBE WITHIN 10%?
index is Nasdaq/SP500/Dow Jones; I'M BASED IN THE UK SO ONLY LOOKING FOR UK STOCKS DUE TO THE LOW GBP
volume/average volume > #; AVERAGE VOLUME OVER WHAT PERIOD AND IS IT INCREASING?
market cap > ##; GREATER THAN BUT ALSO LESS THAN A CERTAIN AMOUNT
I changed the query a little bit:
"
(all time high - current price)/current price < 10%;
Country is Britain;
average volume last three month > 1000000;
market cap > 100000000;
market cap < 20000000000;
"
I am just making a random example, and you can feel free to edit the number or time period.

For example, you can change "(all time high - current price)/current price < 10%" to "(52-week high - current price)/current price < 5%". (you can type in any percentage you like, 5%, 10%, 20% or 7.48%)

And for the average volume, you can also adjust the time period.

Using these criterias, I can find a stock ticker is AMCR that meets all the conditions.

You can google Ainvest, which should be the first one on google: "Ainvest - Screener", and check the stock screener page I built. Feel free to let me know if you have any problem using it, so I can fix it for you and other traders like you. Thank you sooooooo much!