Over-trading idiot - needing help

Lots of good advice above - the problem for some is to implement it.

Rewarding oneself when successful with favourite food, occupation etc. can be useful to make it stick in the habit bit of the brain.

or

even the opposite. Doing that grotty job one has put off for weeks if one made a c0ck-up in the markets etc.

This may or may not be the most useless or best advice you will ever receive !
I have traded the stockmarket for 30 years, 20 years as market maker and the last 10 for myself. If i watch the screens all day long, even now, I convince myself I see patterns in prices which aren't really there !-so to prevent over trading, after 10am ( most of my trades are done in 1st 2 hours of the day) i watch a film/tv download, on one monitor, while I still have my trading screens on another 2 monitors - glance at the prices every so often. Equally as effective is getting out of the office, away from the screens - I have live streaming prices on my mobile - and I check however frequently I need to ( for example, yesterday whilst at the gym I i put on an opening trade. It was larger than the market size, and whilst it wasn't ideal being away from Level 2 data, I got the trade done, and I figured the stress of not having Level 2 in front of me was compensated by eh number of boredom-bargains i've avoided!)