My new trading setup

Attachments

• mcdonalds-fries.jpg
    mcdonalds-fries.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 297
G.O.A:T thanks for the tip!
sh5467 what's that suppose to mean??? :|
everyone isn't a computer nerd like you smartass,

Jeez - some things you start and then they take a life of their own...

I just moved to a new house and decided it would be nice to have a proper trading setup. The initial idea was to just build a table somewhere, somehow it mushroomed out of control and the decision was made to put the table where there wasn't a floor.

The style is zen minimalist to match my trading persona :whistling

plan.jpg

destroyed.jpg

building.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup1.jpg

I told the missus I didn't want to go through all this again and she humbly suggested that if I didn't get another divorce, I wouldn't have to... touche...

I like my setup better.

Cool setup, DT (y)

Here's a question: I've got a fairly basic almost entry level HP desktop machine, and I want to link up another screen. A quick examination of the rear of the unit reveals only one VGA output. What is the easiest / cheapest way of connecting up another monitor? Can you use some sort of cable splitter (get two signals out of that? I dunno) or do I need to install another card with another VGA output into the HP unit?

Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.

Depends if the motherboard on your PC can handle an extra video card. If it can, then slotting another one in would be the best option.

Apart from that - got and get displaylinks USB to DVI adapter - you'll be able to put a new screen on your USB port, which is fine for trading.

Depends if the motherboard on your PC can handle an extra video card. If it can, then slotting another one in would be the best option.

Apart from that - got and get displaylinks USB to DVI adapter - you'll be able to put a new screen on your USB port, which is fine for trading.

Thanks. I'll try the card if it will fit and failing that the adaptor looks easy enough too. (y)

Thanks. I'll try the card if it will fit and failing that the adaptor looks easy enough too. (y)

Also check to see if your current GFX card / MOBO has a DVI connection.
Many entry level cards offer VGA as legacy support along with the newer DVI.
As you know you have a VGA connection, you may also have a DVI connection as well.
Adapters available from maplin to convert VGA to DVI and vice versa,
thats if you don't already have one floating around in the odd box of spare bits they tend to ship with retail PC's.

graphics-card-3.jpg

The guy that built it specifically told me NOT to go for the higher end cards. Apparently the cards he used have the ability to utilize the main CPU.
yeah sounds like true clarkson. can be unchallenged till the end of his life.... only because nobody knows anything in this country. who can pretend better - wins.

Also check to see if your current GFX card / MOBO has a DVI connection.
Many entry level cards offer VGA as legacy support along with the newer DVI.
As you know you have a VGA connection, you may also have a DVI connection as well.
Adapters available from maplin to convert VGA to DVI and vice versa,
thats if you don't already have one floating around in the odd box of spare bits they tend to ship with retail PC's.

graphics-card-3.jpg

Thanks. I did check for a DVI output as I have a DVI lead, but no, it hasn't got one. I bought a graphics card this afternoon which has VGA and DVI outputs which I guess would be fine, but the chassis of the PC is too narrow - I forgot about that, otherwise it would plug in :mad:

At least the bloke in the shop said I could back it if it didn't fit. Reckon the USB to VGA adaptor is on the cards...