My new trading setup

I don't see any cpu - are all four screens connected to one cpu?

looks really nice by the way

Leon

DSCN1174.jpg

This is the machine - built by an English guy out here in Bangkok. He was a bit like the PC equivalent of Jeremy Clarkson. I am fairly sure that fan is OTT and the power supply too. Still he was very excited about it and that sort of thing is infectious.

My only request when he built is was that I don't want something with neon lights that looks like it came off the set of "Too Fast Too Furious".

It's an aluminium case for heat dispersion - I mentioned the specs already. At peak times, it's running at about 3%. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll find something for it to do at some point.

BTW - the builder is coming round today - to just fix a few things. He thought I was nuts asking for such a deep desk and 10 power sockets.

Pete

Last edited:
Dt I think your setup exhibits your submission to your wife as the boss of the house. For starters your setup is as though it's cast aside in the corridor corner where family pictures or an oversized flower pot usually stands. It you truly were the boss of the house then

1) you would have your own office with a view of your zen garden.
2) your office wouldn't be minimalistic like your setup currently is which screams spanked by the wife all over it. Your office is your man room and is an extension of oneself.

Dt I think your setup exhibits your submission to your wife as the boss of the house. For starters your setup is as though it's cast aside in the corridor corner where family pictures or an oversized flower pot usually stands. It you truly were the boss of the house then

1) you would have your own office with a view of your zen garden.
2) your office wouldn't be minimalistic like your setup currently is which screams spanked by the wife all over it. Your office is your man room and is an extension of oneself.

An astute observation indeed. Although you have overlooked something and that is my fault because of the camera angles... Once observed, your picture becomes inverted.

DSCN1175.jpg

The cushion on the floor is for the wife. We put this in as her knees were hurting her. I am mulling over putting another cushion on the underside of the desk as she keeps banging her head on it.

Is your wife a midget? There is barely enough room for someone's legs between the chair and the table. Put an head there and you haven't got any room to manoeuvre.unless...... ;)

Is your wife a midget? There is barely enough room for someone's legs between the chair and the table. Put an head there and you haven't got any manoeuvre.unless...... ;)

I know - go any further and it's bans all round....

She's Thai she'll fit under there no problem. Should see the space where mine has to work. She doesn't complain though bless her ;-)

looks great!
I wish my trading room looked like that.
how did you set up all that anyway?
do you have several graphics adapters in your computer?
or maybe 4 computers?
Im thinking of something simular for my self in the future,

This PC has 3 graphics cards each capable of supporting 2 screens.

The guy that built it specifically told me NOT to go for the higher end cards. Apparently the cards he used have the ability to utilize the main CPU.

I can't remember the reason for it but he said that for trading, this was the best way to go. For gaming, different matter entirely.

I can get details if anyone is interested - I'm fairly clueless on these things.

yes he was probably right,
it would be very expensive with higher end cards,
they go for something about 500 bux each I think,,
and they would only be usable for 3D graphics anyway,
totally useless if you only use the com for trading.
what I don't understand is how you can get the monitors to show
different things? do you mind explain how that is done,
software?

Windows can be set to either duplicate the displays or 'extend' them (show different stuff)....

03-10-201106-01-57.png