my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good. It will take me a while to read everything. I have gotten started. As I already said, I am better at writing than reading. I disagree with some things, but on at least half of the things you said I agree more than you think (in a couple of places you misunderstood what I meant to say). Thanks for the very serious and well thought out contribution. I will not argue against the few parts I disagree with, because we would go on forever, and it wouldn't benefit anyone (if you wish, I can tell you in private messages - just a few minor things). Despite not having identical points of view, I see that we are very similar, in how we write and how we think. One could also add that we are quite opinionated, in the sense that we have strong convictions - ironically (after all this talk about "being right"), we both are very confident that we are right - and therefore we could potentially get into big arguments, but luckily we agree on most things and we are sensitive and polite enough not to get on each other nerves.

Indeed, the bias wanting to be right is precisely one of the (psychological) problems that need to be conquered in order to be become a successful trader. Left unchecked it can even affect systems development where one would then typically aim for a high win rate, typically at the expense of risk:reward ratio. Anyway, I wanted to just point out that there's a flawed premise/assumption in your statement above: That discretionary trading is about being right. It is not. It is about making money, and only that. In order to be a successful discretionary (or what I would rather call "manual") trader, you in fact need to be able to be wrong, you need to be able to lose, when neccesary, and quickly. Otherwise, you get exactly what you've been seeing for 12 years, single trades that wipe out all your good work.

I repeat: In order to be a successful trader, you need to be able to be wrong. And not only that, you need to be able to wrong and lose money. And not only that, you need to be able to be wrong, and lose money, and not feel bad. And not only that, you need to be able to do all that, and then reverse your position (if needed.) And not only that, you need to be able to do all that *quickly*. (Adapted from TraderFeed: Why Trading Might Be the Most Difficult Job in the World)

As Brett Steenbarger writes,

"Many people have a need to be right. That makes it difficult to quickly accept losses, and it makes it especially difficult to flip one's views. The best traders don't have a need to be right, and in fact they readily admit that there's many times they're wrong.

There's a different reason why trading might be one of the world's most difficult occupations: the rules of the game are always changing. In most performance activities, from sports to chess, the rules don't change from year to year. Market patterns, however, are continually shifting: trends change, volatility changes, and historical patterns that worked at one time suddenly fail during the next time period (a phenomenon that has recently tripped up several quant funds).

Because markets are ever-changing, success is never assured. Indeed, it's not at all unusual for very successful traders to re-enter a learning curve when market conditions change radically. It takes a very secure person to be able to accept those returns to the learning curve, and it takes a highly conscientious person to keep losses down when market patterns undergo a major shift."​

He also touches on why totally automated systems trading is at some level a never ending chase -- even with a fully automated mechanical system that works now, sooner or later the markets changes sufficiently to break the system. At that point human intervention is required and so human discretion gets applied and put back into the system to fix it or write a new one. That same would've of course held true of a manual system, except that the trader would've probably noticed the market changing underneath him a little more quickly and adjusted/adapted automatically. But, I digress...

Regarding all the reflections on discipline and psychology: you seem to be trying to deny the importance of discipline and psychology for discretionary trading, when paradoxically it seems to me that, and by your own admission you have major discipline problems and in reality psychological issues (no offence intended, and when I say that I readily say that we all have issues!), which is what's prevented you from being a successful discretionary (e.g. manual) trader for 12 years! Remember that discipline for example includes such things as following a set routine in preparation for the trading day. Analyse previous day movements, identify developing opportunities, support/resistance levels, Pivot levels, important dates and times, and whatever is needed to have a clear head when you start trading. It includes going to bed early enough so you get enough sleep, so you'll be alert when trading, taking excercise, and doing all those things you seem to be subconsciouly rebelling against. It includes *sticking to the rules of your system while in the trade* and to *cut your losses* if you've been wrong! I would argue that in reality the "discretion" part in discretionary trading comes in more *before* trade entry, where you filter *out* potential trades and/or reduce position size if for example there are reasons that you know of that make the trade more risky than normal that are not taken into account by your basic system.

Discipline further includes stuff like keeping a proper trading journal with enough information that you can analyse it afterwards and *learn from it* (for reference, see here and here.) Not being able to muster up the willpower to consistently do this, is I would argue, a simple lack of discipline. I would submit that this entire dichotomy (which I would agree is a false one as per a previous poster) that you see between systems trading and discretionary trading is itself really a subtle attempt at avoiding responsibility/a lack of discipline to do what is neccesary to succeed. A dichotomy by the way, is a "split" or "distinction", which you would've quickly seen had you bothered to google the word in dictionary.com. To me semi- or fully- automated/systems/mechanical trading is simply a system where all rules are externalised into a program or indicator such that all trades stand or fall based on the rules, and are under the control of a computer. Discretionary trading is no different except that *you* are the computer/machine and thus, you need to have disciplien and sound psychology to execute like a machine, while being able to bring to bear the substantial capability of your brain to support the basic system to help make it more successful. This does not mean you can make and break rules anytime you please.

Anyway, I hope all these comments help, and that they don't come over as harsh or over critical.

Regarding fixing bad habits, perhaps this post may help: TraderPsychology: So How do Traders Break Their (Bad) Habits?

Finally regarding giving up trading (or perhaps in your case discretionary trading), here's some more thoughts from Brett Steenbarger. Maybe it will give you a new perspective of where you're at:
TraderFeed: Deciding to Give Up Trading

As another aside, in his book "Trade your way to financial freedom" (which I thorougly recommend you read), K. Van Tharp writes about "Judgmental biases" in chapter 2. This chapter lists and discusses all the different subtle psychological biases we have that can mess up your systems development or execution. One of the biases is the "Conservative-with-Profits-and-Risky-with-Losses" bias [pg. 42]. He writes:

"Perhaps the number 1 rule of trading is to cut your losses short and let your profits run. Those who can follow this simple rule tend to make large fortunes in the market. However, most people have a bias that keeps them from following either part of this rule:

Consider the following example in which you must pick one of two choices. Which would you prefer: (1) A sure loss of $9,000 or (2) a 5 percent chance of no loss at all plus a 95 percent chance of a $10,000 loss?​

Which did you pick, the sure loss or the risky gamble? Approximately 80 percent of the population picks the risky gamble in this case. However, the risky gamble works out to a bigger loss (that is, $10,000 * 0.95 + 0 * 0.05 = $9,500 loss -- which is larger than the sure $9,000 loss.) Taking the gamble violates the key trading rule - cut your losses short. Yet, most people continue to take the gamble, thinking that the loss will stop and that the market will turn around from here. It usually doesn't. As a result, the loss gets a little bigger, and then it's even harder to take. And that starts the process all over again. Eventually, the loss gets big enough that the gambler becomes forced to take it. Many small investors go broke because they cannot take losses.

Now consider another example. Which would you prefer: (1) a sure gain of $9,000 or (2) a 95 percent chance of a $10,000, plus a 5% chance of no gain at all?​

Did you pick the sure gain or the risky gamble? Approximately 80 percent of the population picks the sure gain. However, the risky gamble works out to a bigger gain (that is, $10,000 * 0.95 + 0 * 0.05 = $9,500 gain -- which is larger than the sure gain of $9,000). Taking the sure gain violates the second part of the key rule of trading - let your profits run.

Once they have a profit in hand, most people are so afraid of letting it get away that they tend to take the sure profit at any sign of a turnaround. Even if their system gives them no exit signal, it is so tempting to avoid letting a profit get away that many investors and traders continue to lament over the large profits they miss as they take sure small profits. These two common biases are well stated in the old saying: "Seize opportunities, but hold your ground in adversity." The good trader had better use the adage: "Watch profit-taking opportunities carefully, but run like a deer at the first sign of adversity."​

Another bias he covers is the "My-current-trade-or-investment-must-be-a-winner" Bias. He writes:

"What makes all these problems come to the forefront, is the overwhelming desire of human beings to make current positions (those you have right now) work out. What happens? First, when you have a losing position, you'll do anything to nurse it along, hoping it will turn around. As a result, losing trades tend to become even bigger. Second, people take profits prematurely in order to make sure those profits remain profits.

Why? People have an overwhelming desire to be right. Over and over again, I hear traders and investors tell me how important it is for them to be right when they make a market prediction or, even worse, when they invest their money in the market.

[...]

Yet being right, has little to do with making money."

So, I humbly submit that you need to decide that you want to make money and don't care about being right anymore. You need to tell yourself and keep telling yourself that you don't care about being right anymore, you'd rather know you're wrong and move on, and make money in the long run, than being right and lose money. (Of course, even though we want to be right, us wanting it doesn't end up making it so -- the market eventually proves to you in the cruellest way possible that you are in fact wrong -- by taking your money. So you you end up being wrong and penniless. So, you might as well be wrong and retain more of your pennies, if you're going to be wrong sometimes anyway...) Here's another post by Brett Steenbarger on how to lose money the right way as a trader, relevant to all this.

Finally, can I suggest you read some of the other posts on Brett Steenbarger's blog (the Traderfeed one.) There's a heck of a lot of stuff there to make you think. He also wrote several good books about trading and psychology which you might want to read.

Right, I didn't intend to write that diatribe when I started... hope it helps at least...

That is one great fookin post man...thanks, nice one...:)

No worries, hoping to help as well as learn from you as well.

Anyway, there's a quote that came to me last night which I offer for your consideration and that I think might be useful to ponder:

"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results"
- Rita Mae Brown (variously also apparently attributed to Albert Einstein and a chinese proverb, but I digress...)

The point (at the risk of stating the obvious and belaboring the point) is that we (as traders) should do introspection and review of our actions and then resolve to *stop doing those things that don't work* and instead replace those things with actions that do work.

After all, as per the quote, to repeat the same flawed actions that previously brought us ruin in trading, and expect different results (riches just around the corner) are, as per this quotes, really not reasonable and in fact crazy. So let's consciouly decide not to do that! (Patient: "Doctor it hurts when I do this!" Doctor: "Well stop doing it then!" :cheesy:)

Have a good day! (y)

Have a good day, too.

You know, I don't mean to disagree boldly with you, because you have a point there, but sometimes people only seem to be repeating the same behaviours and expecting different results, whereas they are actually slightly changing and finetuning their behaviours in order to get it right, knowing that "practice makes perfect". Only, with trading, you don't always get it right in the end. For example, I got it right with automated trading, but I didn't get it right with discretionary trading, and you have successfully identified many of the problems that I have. But I can tell you that when I did the same or very similar things (and I did that, too) it wasn't because I was so insane that I expected different results, but it was because I had an addiction (and still have). Maybe the fact that trading is addictive (at least for me) may interfere with the learning process (among other interferences). Maybe an important point is that many of us unprofitable discretionary traders do not realize that only part of our trading derives from our efforts to find out what works, and another part of it comes from our addiction. That would explain why I never use my paper trading account (because it's not fun to not invest real money). I am sure you are following me. I am glad I can write at length and some people still follow everything I am saying, unlike on other forums where you'd get a smiley and a "whatever".

Last edited:
So I wasn't trading to find out how you made money, but I was trading to have fun, to put it very shortly and simply. There are fine differences, and I am sure you can grasp them. This is a very serious forum, with patient people, and careful readers, so I can be confident that most people won't just throw a smiley here and there, and write "whatever" and dismiss these reasonings. Thanks for the patience you have shown so far (you and everyone else, too). To continue the reasoning above, which I am far from bringing to a conclusion, I would add that maybe the fact that trading is addictive (at least for me) may interfere somewhat with the learning process (among other interferences).

I think you nailed it there, really. My intent really was to give you some outside observation of what I perceive in case you may not be aware of some things -- as you know many times we have behaviours or habits we may not even be aware of. And of course, you can't work on fixing something if you're unaware that it even exists! However based on your comments above you are clearly very aware of many of the problems and behaviours you need to address in order to improve your trading.

If I may, I'd like to make another observation/point: You've said you're very impatient. I would submit that that's another possible problem/important skill/attribute to cultivate as a trader -- patience. Not being patient enough will sooner or later make you override your system by increasing position size/risk beyond what you should or you'll start closing positions when you shouldn't etc. It's certainly something I struggle with as well, but I've learnt (maybe I should say, Mr. Market's drilling it into me) that not being patient will result in undesired outcomes (chiefly my account being lighter when all is said and done.)

I think the problem of being impatient probably ties into the general problem of us (as in society these days) always wanting and expecting "instant gratification", which is made worse by media actively promoting a "me, me, me, now, now, now" culture. We get brainwashed into wanting & expecting things now, not having to wait, that it's your right to have it now, etc. And everything gears up to allow and support this. (I'd even suggest that the entire credit crunch was caused by this same psychology -- borrow borrow borrow to have everything you want today, don't wait, have it today!) Whereas in reality, the ability to delay gratification is generally a fundamental attribute neccesary for longer term/bigger picture success in life (and I submit, also in trading.)

There was this interesting study on delayed gratification done at Stanford University generally referred to as "the marshmallow test" where they tested 4 year old kids with respect to whether they were able to delay gratification in order to gain an extra mashmallow, and how their success or failure at this early stage was predictive of success of failure later in life. Joachim de Posada reproduced it here: here

It's worthwhile to watch and ponder the implications for trading and managing open trades ang the general attitude and psychology needed for discretionary/manual trading etc.

Last edited:
Travis - It would seem to be me that you spend too long identifying your problems and not enough time actually trying to solve them. You have identified the psychological deep-rooted fears that cause your discretionary trading to be unsuccesful but it seems to me you haven't faced these and tried to overcome then and change your behaviours - I may be wrong!

Maybe you have, maybe you don't want to. I think its what you must do...

Why don't you get hypnosis therapy? :)

You might have a point. I spent many years just complaining. It's a habit. I don't even try to solve anything. I solve by putting up with it, and I put up with it more easily if I have a journal to complain on and on.

You might have a point. I spent many years just complaining. It's a habit. I don't even try to solve anything. I solve by putting up with it, and I put up with it more easily if I have a journal to complain on and on.

I understand - Its hard enough learning your faults and psychological problems - Especially when a particular fault i feel we share is that we don't like people pointing out our faults.
Therefore, the mental energy and time and effort it takes to try to re-establish and develop new thoughts and behaviours in regards to our emotions and beliefs is such a hard obstacle considering that your motives for wanting to be good at trading were probably the same motives and beliefs you are trying to get rid of - Creating a demotivation for ridding yourself from them and furthermore, making trading pointless, because to develop your discretionary trading you have to get over wanting to prove everyone wrong and if that goes - Your motivation for trading goes. And we need trading, a hiding place away from having to deal with our emotions in a real social work place environments, an excuse for your behaviours and gambling and laziness and a way to hide all your deep-rooted fears of everything else in life.

It seems its all one big contradiction.

Developing psychological manifesto's in life is maybe inevitable for everyone; everyone has different degrees ofcourse - I imagine those who are happy are those who haven't got these fears. For example, when i played football, i couldn't accept my manager shouting at me - I took it very personally and i was so sensitive about it; i just kept hiding it away and never dealing with it; eventually it was such a big part of my sub-conscious that i would avoid trying to get the ball in fear of failing and getting shouted at and in turn this made me worse at football and made the shouting worse... I think even now these things affect individual - Massive frustration hide away, the pain and experiences are still there existing and manipulating our perception and decisions. In coming to the market, having such problems... I found that the market was like my manager - Every failure as if being shouted at 'Your rubbish' and the way i've dealed with this in life is through avoiding the shouting rather than dealing with my inherent problems... In trading however i've very much had to face these problems and overcome them than hide from them in order to achieve my goals.

I do genuinely believe all these beliefs, feelings and emotions can be heavily manipulated through our own effort and mind. I think its probably one of the hardest challenge i have ever attempted. Taking your mental mind apart, analysing yourself and your insecurities, really understanding all the things that make you sensitive and then trying to change these thoughts through consistantly thinking about it; thinking about things that are painful 24/7 :)

Ooops, i ranted again!

It is indeed one big contradiction: if we were all happy and serene we would just sit instead of striving to get things accomplished. One good example is my father - he accomplished a lot, but has been frustrated, negative, and unsatisfied his entire life. So, in a sense, achieving means you were unhappy, and not achieving means you were satisfied. But maybe this is the only example of achieving that I know, and I am ignoring that people may achieve and be serene, happy and satisfied at the same time. Is Obama a happy and serene guy or a frustrated person whose life is ruined by his ambition? I don't know.

We can discuss longer about this. Also: am I here to ask for solutions to my problems, or am I here to solve my problems by writing? I think that by reasoning out loud and hearing your opinions I get insight about what my problems are and what the solutions may be. But certainly I am not here just to look for solutions. I partly solve my problems by the mere process of writing. It's the same with people complaining (and almost everyone has complained at least once in his life). They are not asking for a solution often. They are solving their problem by venting out their frustration, and the actual problem that had to be solved was preventing themselves from going on a shooting rampage or something like that.

A whole two weeks of successful interfering... got cockier and cockier... more and more reckless... and finally today they got all the money back plus a lot of extra money (overall, as usual, twice as much as I had made with all my interfering). Now I'll try to get it back (I shouldn't but I will, most likely). It'll work for a while, till they'll get it all back plus more of it. On and on... It's been this way ever since I started automated trading. I just can't find a way to stay off of it, and find other things to do. Unbelievable. Un****ing believable.

A whole two weeks of successful interfering... got cockier and cockier... more and more reckless... and finally today they got all the money back plus a lot of extra money (overall, as usual, twice as much as I had made with all my interfering). Now I'll try to get it back (I shouldn't but I will, most likely). It'll work for a while, till they'll get it all back plus more of it. On and on... It's been this way ever since I started automated trading. I just can't find a way to stay off of it, and find other things to do. Unbelievable. Un****ing believable.

A good point at which to close the thread?

.................. Also: am I here to ask for solutions to my problems, or am I here to solve my problems by writing?......................

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't really want any solution - you just love the thrill of the chase too much. You know you're going to crash and burn but, what the hell, the excitement of flooring the pedal and going faster and faster round the bends is worth it :devilish:.

cheers

jon

Time will tell. And time has told. So far. If anyone gets annoyed by my posts, don't read them. I am sure many have stopped reading already. I am annoyed by myself as well.

The point is that I don't have to figure out everything that is wrong with me. I can also stop doing it without first figuring it all out. Yes, I have this tendency to do this and that. I don't know why. But I can stop it. I don't first have to figure everything out in my psyche in order to simply stop trading discretionary.

The pattern is always the same, and now it's very clear. I make money for a few days, then I incur one big loss that wipes out all my gains, plus another thousand dollars. So it is not worth it for me to interfere with my system nor discretionary trade. Period. I don't know why I kept doing it, I don't know what went wrong in my head or life, but it simply does not work, and that's been the case for more than a year now. At the same time, the systems make money week after week, if I leave them alone. I simply have to stop doing this, unless I want to stay at the office forever. I have to sit, do nothing, and just be patient, and whenever the money will be there, then I'll be able to quit my job. In the meanwhile, I can't try to speed things up, because I will just **** things up. Yes, tomorrow I may make another good discretionary trade. But then I'll inevitably get cockier, and sooner or later I'll make that trade that will blow out my account, as it's been the case for the past 12 years. When I touch the platform, I ruin everything. It's so unbelievable that I'm the one who created the systems, that that's the way it is. Do I want to stay here and write until I figure out why I lose money while the systems I created make money? Do I have to keep on losing until I figure this contradiction out? Have I not figured it out yet maybe? (See above posts). Just do it, as they say. I don't have to think all the time. It can be done. I can do it, without having to write an essay about it. I simply cannot do any discretionary trading that is anywhere near profitable. Except on Italian stocks, which I am doing, but that's another thing, because I just go long, and I just make overnight trades and very diversified. And even there I might lose in the end. But that's stocks and not futures. It's an entirely different thing.

Last edited:
Time will tell. And time has told. So far. If anyone gets annoyed by my posts, don't read them. I am sure many have stopped reading already. I am annoyed by myself as well.
I don't know if this is relevant to you but in analysing myself, one of the main problems i found was that deep inside i wanted to trade to avoid the responsability of having a job, at the same time, making money in the market would cause a pressure and responsability to continue to perform and continue consistancy and this deep-inside, the pressure, was something i wanted to avoid in fear of failing on everyones high expectations; Therefore i have a motive to actually not make money and a total contradiction -
When i won trades; i would feel a pressure to do it again and this pressure would be too much for my objective mind to deal with and when i lost trades my conscious lack of self-acceptance would cause more self-punishment.

So it really was a big battle inside! Maybe you've something similar :)

Oh btw, the main thing that allowed me to move past feeling emotions and stopping my psychology to affect my ability to make appropriate decisions for myself was when i worked hard to improve myself in other departments of life; so i intensely started jogging and doing weights and going on a muscle gain diet... This in turn made me feel good about myself from day one and i do really think these aspects have hugely improved my trading. Maybe something like that could help you; changing your habits and ridding yourself of laziness.

Another important aspect was changing my attitude and behaviour towards things i am impatient to in life; such as the dish washer, crap tv, eating breakfast - Small things but trying to change my behaviour and lose the impatient. Also losing my negative frame of mind where i would be was be a critic. I found that persisting in fighting my self-conscious motives in small things in life it was easier to control them in trading; Like i would have extreme impatience on eating my breakfast and it would result in me not finishing it so that i could move on and by making myself finish it - Although trivial - Allowed me to face the underlying issues and try control them in an environment where there was no risk or importance.

So my suggestions would be
- Lose little habits face on to try master the forces controlling your actions
- Try feel good inside/about yourself through working out and jogging/excercising (Depends on your age lol)
- Place yourself on a diet and stick to it with disclpine; therefore creating self-trust
(Btw, i don't know how old you are so i don't know how realistic getting pumped is and spending all your time jogging is; i have other ideas though to improve yourself and feel better)
- Structure your discretionary trading so that you do actually know what your looking for and really implicate impatience; The way i got over the impatience factor was 1. Through applying patience in all other areas of life and 2. Accepting that one trade per week was enough.
- Focus your setups on trends; therefore eradicting the possibility of always trying to be right about where the market will turn.
- Don't trade every condition; wait until the condition suits you

:)

X

Ultimately you've got to weigh up WHY and whether you WANT to change, against the underlying issues that don't want you to change; but i would really recommend trying to break free of them constraints. Since facing my psychology and challenging my sub-conscious motives and trying to change, i've really made myself a lot happier and i think this just comes mostly through self-acceptance and also through changing my perception of how i could make myself happy - Where before i percieved succesful trading and being able to show off about it as rewarding and worthwhile; i moved my focus to becomming happy with my physical appearance and positivity and this allowed me to focus on the actual setups without having a load of expectations and hopes hanging on each trade...

My biggest irony is that i started trading because of depression; believed it would be something i could prove myself in to compensate for my lack of self-acceptance however quickly realised that being depressed and having such issues was actually very detrimental to my trading and that set me on a huge path to improve myself. Looking back; i still don't know why i was so determined to face my psychology, afterall my original reasons for wanting to trade where to compensate for my lack of psychological acceptance and if i faced these problems and got rid of them; surely i would have no reason to trade! That one still confuses me :) I guess its because i did genuinely love trading and i did genuinely want to make money, not to show-off, but because i wanted to give myself the opportunity i knew i could make possible to have the finance i want, to make myself happy

:) I'm rambling again, i'm very, very bad at expressing myself through writing; i envy those who can get a point across in a sentence, i'm the opposite.

Its interesting; I'm rubbish at making systems... I have made systems that have worked very well for a short limited amount of time; One month or so but never one that i've found to have a logical reason of why it should work. Do you recommend focusing on daily charts for systems or intra-day?
I have a good system sitting on a shelf that i stopped trading because it would annoy me when signals came overnight and i was in bed. :)

Last edited:
I'll take a while to read your message (probably days). I am sure it's a good one. Right now I am feeling so down that I have temporarily lost the energy necessary for reading.

the key to making money is diversification. when i do discretionary trading, i either get cocky or desperate and then i bet everything on what i am confident about or desperate about and then the problem happens. the system doesn't do that. i always get out of control. no solution...

Ok, so from now on no more talking about trading. The systems will take care of themselves and I'll just come here to write about anything, because the key to making money is not that I psychoanalyze myself but that I "just don't it", the opposite of that famous Nike advertisement. No point in writing pages of analysis if then, when we get down to it, I still keep on doing everything as usual and destroying myself.

I'll try to spend some time here, to divert myself from trading and similar. Then, later, I'll try to stay off the internet altogether. So let's start with some bull****. I don't mean to disrespect this financial forum by not talking about finance, but the first way to be profitable for me (as an automated trader) is stay away from trading. So from now on I'll talk about anything but trading and least of all about "psychology and trading" - which I still think it's useless to discuss, despite the fact that it's not irrelevant.

Besides, being a journal, I am basically discussing by myself, even though I know I have some readers.

So... I am trying hard right now to think of anything other than the stock market. It will sound ridiculous at the start, because I am not used to it.

Ok, so I have this mouse - it's a logitech and I think it's very good. I think Logitech is a good company. Congratulations to Logitech.

My colleague just came back from lunch. He'll turn the radio on pretty soon. Pretty bad music, too.

I like swimming. One day I'd like to go live by the sea.

Talking about psychology and trading is not going to make you a profitable trader. I want everyone to know that.

Talking about trading on forums will not make you a profitable trader either. Thinking and doing yes. But not talking about it.

Anyway, enough of talking about it then. That was my last sentence about trading (except if someone asks me questions).

I like water. I like the bath tub. But the sea is better. I don't like jellyfish. The good thing about the bath tub is that it doesn't have any.

I am going to take off from work at 15.30. In about 2 hours. I am sad. I am so excited for the weekend. Not! I will do nothing.

Good - I got what I deserved.

This is all "brainstorming" as they call it.

Good. Somehow he didn't turn his radio on, yet.

Overall, I am pretty liked here. By my colleagues. But also: they leave me alone. I never say hi. Some complain about this. I pretend that the reason is that I am shy, but it's because I don't like to say a lot of "hi" just in order to cross the hallway and go to the bathroom. It's such a waste of time. And I dread being asked "how are you" and then they don't even want to hear anything but "fine".

Now some brainstorming of just words that come to my mind:
arm
shirt
sound
ear
eye
blind
quiet
noise
die
kill
home
safe
swear words
kill
...(pause)
blind
kill
disappear
tired
enough
quit
hair
worry
cactus
bones
flesh
muscle
gravity force
money
escape
heart
pain
death
enough

too bad you don't like jellyfish. one of the best days of my life was jellyfish wars, on 2 boat surrounded by jellyfish on a school outing.object was for somesone to get stung so we could laugh when they poor pee on them. hahhahaha (went a boy school) game was stopped though after we all sacrificed to bee in a bottle, what a waste. ahhhh the good old days. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.