Best Thread My Journal at a Prop house

Long EU @ 1.23075 sl @ 1.2280

i would be a bit nibble here if i was you rosehound e/u coming into weekly support

maybe a reaction at this level

aud3.gif

i would be a bit nibble here if i was you rosehound e/u coming into weekly support

maybe a reaction at this level

View attachment 85210

half off at 1.2327, sl moved up so trade is b/e at worst

market since moved up to big resistance around the 12340/45 level so s/l moved up to 12320 on anticipation of dip, worst off is still 13 pips on half, 20 on the other half, and i'm done after killing myself on the footy this afternoon....

Hi Guys sorry I’ve not posted for a few days but was a busy week last week. Anyways just wanted to kick the week off with a bit of GU analysis. Not really a trade setup but seen some interesting price action on the 4HR.

attachment.php

Price is making HH and HL so my Bias is to the upside at the moment. There was an attempted bias change at the LL but the bulls won and we are back to making HH HL.

We’ve been getting push consolidate push consolidate for most of last week and had a little push this morning so thinking that this afternoon or tomorrow we might be back to a sideways day or two. I’ve marked off where I see potential resistance and would expect a pause in these areas.

So just going to wait for a setup and ill get it posted.

hope you all had a good weekend.

Pozzy

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 843
attachment.php

So cable reacting off that first resistance level I marked off this morning. I managed to get short on a price action turn around. I know im posting after the event so didn’t get my entries up in time but you saw me post the idea this morning. Could of either got short on price action from a lower time frame or used the reversal bar (shooting star/hammer whatever you want to call it) either way short is on and squeezed first target by a fraction of a pip so happy days. (y)

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 793
Hi guys,

Sorry for being a bit rubbish on the post the last week or so.

Seen some horrible price action last week and not started this week much better either. Things very slow moving and rather choppy as well.

Marked out some analysis on EJ that I thought might be of interest.

attachment.php

Just trying to gage some form of direction off the 4Hr and we can clearly see that price is in a range. The first 2 swing points ive marked off show the last swing high and swing low and the white lines mark off the extremes o f the range. The upper boundary has held pretty strong with a couple touched on resistance highs.

Also marked off a little range within the range which can provide a bit more of an intraday opportunity instead of sitting around waiting. Only looking for breakouts on the smaller range not turn arounds at the extremes.

On the larger range can take price entry turn arounds, 1 2 3 patterns, reversal bars what ever you like to use as the entry at the resistance and support levels. Or trade the breakout.

(y) pozzy

Attachments

• EJ.jpg
    EJ.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 713
Changing the plan a little on this EJ and saying that I will trade reversals at support and resistance on the smaller range as it is wide enough.

Absolutely no movement at the moment across my usual pairs. EJ looked like it was going to sell off down to the support level of the smaller range but even that has run out of steam. Very close to going home for the day but going to wait and see if the US brings a bit of life. :sleep:

Finally a little bit of life. I ve been posting on this EJ setup so im going to stick with that as I like to try and post things in real-time.

attachment.php

Looked like we were going to get all the way down to support there but just pulling back a little bit before. The range is around 150 ticks wide so i would like to see price come within 10% of each extreme before i look to trade the turn around so just missing out there. So back to waiting and lets see if it has another go.

As an alternative you could fib the move down and look to sell this retracement if it pullsback far enough.

Im sure you know what a fibs look like but ive post a screen shot anyway lol (used the 15 min)

attachment.php

Attachments

• EJ.jpg
    EJ.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 707
  • EJ2.jpg
    EJ2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 699
Wooop woop so things finally springing into life after the dullest Monday ever.

EJ broke its range and provided a lovely short but I missed it as it was in middle of the night. However did get a re-entry this morning so bagged a few pips. We are right at the support low now so wouldn’t mind seeing a bounce and a chance to get long.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EJ.jpg
    EJ.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 695
so price broke out the low of the range but pulled back and hasn’t triggerd the break out short. So a little false break which suggests a reversal in price. We also know from the move down that the days trend is bearish so its perfectly reasonable to see a retracement here so things setting up nicely for a counter trend long. Just waiting for price to give me an entry as we are currently drifting sideways and ill post it once I have it.

a few pairs come into longterm support such as aud/usd, usd/jpy and eur/jpy so looking at them myself for an entry

how is life mate?

unlucky mate i took it myself but put my stop under the low 10780 but things not looking great for that either fingers crossed we get some bounce

things looking very bearish today

and clobbered so out, thats enough for me today the market is just going south and i cant judge it at the moment best to be out for me anyway no point trying to pick bottoms

Last edited: