my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i'm struggling, and feel like giving up, somehow this song came to my mind, a song which I never liked but that now describes how I feel and that's why it was playing in the back of my mind: in other words, I am not giving up.

The only thing that reassures is that in all these years of efforts I have always tried new things and haven't always made the same mistake over and over again. Every time I found new ways to lose my money. Wrong instruments at the start. Then wrong broker but right instrument. Then right instrument, right broker, but wrong strategy. Then right instrument, right broker, right strategy but wrong money management. Then when everything was ready, I had run out of money, and the systems stopped working anyway. I'm running out of mistakes to make. Maybe that's good. Because I'll have to focus on trying the same thing and do it better. For example, who knows what would have happened if I had focus on my "sniper" system I was talking about all the time two months ago? It was too much work and I quit it. I always get stopped by the boredom problem. I find things that might work, like waiting hours to make a shot (that strategy had 80% of wins). But then they're too boring and I look for something else. After all, I might have to go back to the sniper strategy. Plenty of filters, rules to be followed, just one shot per day allowed, and it made money almost every day.

Here we are, still together
We are one...
So much time, wasted,
Playing games with love

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby it ain't over 'til it's over
So many years we've tried
To keep our love alive

How many times
Did we give up
But we always worked things out
And all my doubts and fears
Kept me wondering, yeahhh
If I'd always, always be in love

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside

And kept our love alive
'Cause baby it ain't over 'til it's over

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby it ain't over 'til it's over

And kept our love alive
'Cause baby it ain't over 'til it's over

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside

to kept our love alive
'Cause baby it ain't over 'til it's over (over, over)

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside

And kept our love alive
'Cause baby it ain't over 'til it's over (over, over, over)

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
Baby it ain't over 'til it's over (over...fade out)

Last edited:
From what i'm reading your systems seem to do better than your discretionary ( no offense at all ) . Many many traders are just fully automated, if you have a system which works, just let it run :) and over time it'll make money, set a maximum loss, and just have small risk per trade (1%) and watch your account grow :).

However, you may want to go automated whilst learning discretionary on chartgame (you've got me hooked!).

I'm glad at least I did something good.

Let me know how you're doing and what difficulties you're finding, if any. Also, let me know your advice and ideas on what works.

I'm glad at least I did something good.

Let me know how you're doing and what difficulties you're finding, if any. Also, let me know your advice and ideas on what works.

difficulties? yeh, knowing whether a big move in price in forex is just a short term bump or a change in fundamentals :(. Learning and applying economics into forex trading (trend trading dailies) is a difficulty to me as well. Advice, honestly trend trading in any market is nice, like say on forex/stocks or something, when 200/50/20 are crossed over buy pullbacks to the 50, here is an example on eurusd H4 i went short on today, trend and pullbacks :)

please demo this, i have not yet live traded money :( so i don;t want any guilt lol

Attachments

• travis trend.JPG
    travis trend.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 142
difficulties? yeh, knowing whether a big move in price in forex is just a short term bump or a change in fundamentals :(. Learning and applying economics into forex trading (trend trading dailies) is a difficulty to me as well. Advice, honestly trend trading in any market is nice, like say on forex/stocks or something, when 200/50/20 are crossed over buy pullbacks to the 50, here is an example on eurusd H4 i went short on today, trend and pullbacks :)

please demo this, i have not yet live traded money :( so i don;t want any guilt lol

Don't worry. I never follow anyone advice, especially if they tell me it works. I like to do things by myself. I was actually asking you about the chart game. How you're doing, what works... and so on. That's a universal game, because the parameters are the same for everyone of us, so we can compare results and learn from one another. Forex and the other things are different and vary from broker to instruments used to timeframe... it's hard to have a common reference, whereas the chart game is the same for everyone.

Don't worry. I never follow anyone advice, especially if they tell me it works. I like to do things by myself. I was actually asking you about the chart game. How you're doing, what works... and so on. That's a universal game, because the parameters are the same for everyone of us, so we can compare results and learn from one another. Forex and the other things are different and vary from broker to instruments used to timeframe... it's hard to have a common reference, whereas the chart game is the same for everyone.

chartgame, id like to be able to scale out , buying pullbacks to Emas when there are higher highs and lows seems to work on it.

chartgame, id like to be able to scale out , buying pullbacks to Emas when there are higher highs and lows seems to work on it.

Thanks for the info. I like to play it without indicators of any kind. My big problem is that a loss totally throws me off. If I feel I am a master, I play well. As soon as I lose once, I feel awful and tend to get out of control. Just like in real trading. Also, after 100 daily trades on it, I am worn out.

I will try to do a few of these every day, while respecting stoplosses. I can't achieve it anyway, without respecting a stoploss. Or rather, it takes me more time so it doesn't make sense to do it. It'd be better to get from 10k to 100k, because I cannot achieve it without using a stoploss. This would take me hours though so I don't know how to do it every day. Actually no... wait... it would only take me three times as long as this one: unless I incur a huge loss because of a failed stoploss and then I have to restart, but that should not be the case, otherwise it means I am doing it all wrong.

Snap1.jpg

Ok, I'll keep on going from here, and now bring 20k to 40k, then 40k to 100k.

I will try to do a few of these every day, while respecting stoplosses. I can't achieve it anyway, without respecting a stoploss. Or rather, it takes me more time so it doesn't make sense to do it. It'd be better to get from 10k to 100k, because I cannot achieve it without using a stoploss. This would take me hours though so I don't know how to do it every day. Actually no... wait... it would only take me three times as long as this one: unless I incur a huge loss because of a failed stoploss and then I have to restart, but that should not be the case, otherwise it means I am doing it all wrong.

View attachment 75726

Ok, I'll keep on going from here, and now bring 20k to 40k, then 40k to 100k.
im gonna try 10 stocks :) let's go !

Ok, there we go again: risked it once, risked it twice... it happened and it wiped me out.

Snap1.jpg

I just never seem to learn, in real trading as in simulation. Story of my life: 9 wins and 1 loss that blows out my account. It's been happening for the last few years, with real money. Something must be wrong in my mind. I can't be... maybe it's hubris. Challenging the gods. Wanting to be like them and never failing. And I get punished by the gods. I'll try again and again, to get from 10k to 100k, until i'll finally fix this ****ing hubris of mine.

Last edited:
hopeless... I am a gambling maniac... kept gambling until i lost too big to continue... not fun at all.

Snap1.jpg

I might have to do automated trading for life. I should consider myself lucky if I manage to make money with that at least. It's hopeless. I should just keep on paper trading for the next few years, just in case I learn to use the stoploss, by accident.

hopeless... I am a gambling maniac... kept gambling until i lost too big to continue... not fun at all.

View attachment 75730

I might have to do automated trading for life. I should consider myself lucky if I manage to make money with that at least. It's hopeless. I should just keep on paper trading for the next few years, just in case I learn to use the stoploss, by accident.
same dude, was up 33% and then ...well..you know :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.