My ACTUAL P&L record !

Darn it!
Where do I get a list of what all these abbreviations mean?

What is TLA please?

And you'll have to clarify Jpwone,
What did you think the 'a' stands for???? :)

Hi Zow

like the "paralysis by analysis", very apt description, relevant for me at the moment..

My trading technique is fairly simple, adhering to the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) philosophy.

When I hit a losing streak ie this week, invariably it is because I have been looking at other indicators and decide that they work well and then try and combine them to enhance my ordinary trading method or to add an extra dimension - needless to say, it ends in red ink !
The classic one is counter trend (divergences) and range trading - I trade trends normally and am quite good at it, but being a muppet every few months decide I want to be in on the countertrend action too (ie greed) or range trade.

Then, I return to basics and trade my moderately successful trend techniques, until the next urge comes, hopefully not too soon .....

Ps Rossored - stop laughing if you're reading this :LOL:

Last edited:
Good morning DaxTrader
I can't lay claim to 'paralysis by analysis', it's an oldie but goldie.

KISS is also one of my favourites.
Of the 3 main charts I have up constantly there is not a single trend line/indicator/analytical tool on any. Occasionally through the day i'll enlarge one and play around with a few lines/studies to remind myself about the longer term trends, but i prefer to see the 'plain data'. Sometimes you can build up so much scaffolding to get a closer view that you ruin the view.

Last edited:
the "minimalist " school of trading, sounds good

have just put up a 3 min dax chart on my hotkeys that is only a bar chart :).

getting involved in the small swings also blinkers you into missing the bigger picture move, not being able to see the wood for the trees etc

The 'minimalist' school of trading? Yes i like that! I'm a minimalist trader!

I agree, Occassionally checking with other longer time bars (5mins, 15,30 60, daily, even for a scalper) is IMHO a much better exercise than messing around with many indicators. You're looking at the same data and yet you often see a totally different picture.

Does she have big ears and a passion for carrots?

I think I am barking up the wrong tree. :)

From reading his posts, I do have a clue.... Actually, I think I'll PM him.... :)

no confirmation yet - don't think he's even read my pm as yet... if it is him, then all i will let u guys know is that I know - sorry peeps - wont reveal their indentity.....hmmm , but i do wonder whether tis the person i am thinking of.

Well i haven't received any PM from Dsmodi so must have the wrong person.... :D

But really does it matter what my normal screen name is? It won't tell you any more about me or more importantly about how to trade well. Is it useful in your trading to know that George Soros made £1billion (or whatever it was) shorting the pound?
I think the numbers are no help at all, it's the hints/tips/answers in the story that are much more useful.
So thanks to Jonnyy40 as the only other person to put up any sort of numbers - it was interesting but again of no practical use.

Let me know if you agree/disagee, that is the whole point of these boards after all.

Of course, a top trader is very capable of spoofing, so maybe you did get an email :cool: :LOL:
good thread, keep it going :cheesy:

Hi Zow and all

When I'm looking at a trader or a trading style I only really want to know a few things that are important to me.

• What is the strategy
  • What the Stats are for the strategy i.e. Win / Loss ratio, Average Win & Average Loss (in terms of points)
  • and whether they are trading it for real or not
I only ask whether they trade it for real or not to see if there is any emotional element to the results. Nothing else matters to me

Just my thoughts :)

hmmm ... ok - i didn't pm zow, but instead sent pm to the other trader who i thot it was.... and now i know it wasn't him....therefore, i still don't know who zow is....

probably make a good thread title that: WHO IS ZOW?

... but if i started it, then loadsa peeps would start lobbying to close it down, so ....

Trying to guess who Zow is, is more interesting than the details of his/her trading account.

Quite frankly I don't care how much other people make or lose, the only p&l i'm interested in is my own.

Now who is it...