My ACTUAL P&L record !

* normally if you are trading profitably - flashing lights go off in the brokers - and you get offered prop money *

that only applies to traders who win AND have good risk management.

Brokers are greedy but they are not stupid . They do know when clients are just taking big punts with big risks and coming up lucky now and then.

zow ,

Your reply to me changes nothing , until I have seen some official statement , there is zero proof to back up your claims to glory.

I regret that you may find this unpalatable, but it has to be said.

As for parents , well if that is a sensitive spot , you know what they say . Truth hurts .

And I can give you my records in exactly the same way as you have done yours , but it will mean nothing , just like you.

But still people seem to love FICTION here , so ok maybe I will give you a full set of records ala * Zow style * .

to go prop, you need to trade profitably and consistently - basically making money each day

and your draw downs need to relate to your profits favourably, and most prop companies dont want you holding trades overnight, because to some extent - thats gambling - as opposed to trading - as there is then no real control over the overnight positions

mma said:
zow ,

Your reply to me changes nothing , until I have seen some official statement , there is zero proof to back up your claims to glory.

I regret that you may find this unpalatable, but it has to be said.

As for parents , well if that is a sensitive spot , you know what they say . Truth hurts .

And I can give you my records in exactly the same way as you have done yours , but it will mean nothing , just like you.

But still people seem to love FICTION here , so ok maybe I will give you a full set of records ala * Zow style * .

Why do I have to constantly repeat everything I write? I never claimed or offered any proof. As I said please take everything I write with a pinch of salt. It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. Why do you take it as such an affront to your sensibilities? As i've written 'my greatest luxury is not having to make any justifications to any boss/co-worker/client/customer/supplier/stranger/critic or parent' so why the heck am I going to go to the hassle of justifying anything to you?

What I do make a claim to is to a happy and Independent way of life which, as I've also said, is NOT directly related to how much money I make.
I suppose i'm also indirectly claiming to know (roughly) the minimum requirements for someone else to gain a similar independent life style from trading in terms of capital and market knowledge/experience/expertise. But, hey, even that you can ignore totally if you wish - no skin off my nose.

Now you are free to express your scepticism but what is the point of being so confrontational? Should I 'confess all' and say it's all a pack of lies - I actully work in a factory processing chicken parts for £3.50 /hr?
Is it some Scicilian-type saying that goes 'you can spit in my face and I will walk away, but insult my family even if they are not there and I will.......(add your own grisley retribution here)'

Look forward to the posting of your records.

Last edited:
mma: Do you have some other problem niggling at you in your life, that is forcing you to be so confrontational here. It's as if EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS A LIE.... Sorry if you didn't like that but, as you have yourself said, the truth hurts. Honestly, it's as if every post of yours passes doubt on others. If you don't like what zow said, then just ignore it. Find somebody else who WILL show you there accounts. Personally, I can't blame anyone for not showing their accounts. And if they don't , then you don't have to go on their course. Or even listen or read what they comment upon.

I have to say, it is very irritating reading someone just doubting everything. To me, it seems as if zow has been honest enough with his finances, without divulging the finer details. And that is something I can respect.

Don't take too much offense at this - and i hope no one now asks for this thread to be shut down - but I wanted to air my views as well.

And BTW mma - I don't see any record of your accounts anywhere. How comes?

Cheers

Last edited:
* normally if you are trading profitably - flashing lights go off in the brokers - and you get offered prop money * Could anyone who knows about this please elaborate.Do they draw conclusions only from your trade activity (I'm really asking how far they can look into your computer once you've accepted the Java/Active X interface)?

jonnyy40,

Why do you keep asking this same question about computer security ? You appear to be utterly obsessed with this issue and I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Paul

johnny40

if you download any software that is capable of running as a program - it could offer the originator of the program the opportunity to poke around your computer - its a fact of life and if you have any secrets on your computer - dont download software

but perhaps my flashing light comment was a bit over the top

if you make money in a consistent manner - it just shows up on your P&L and there is a chance that as brokers quite often run their own prop shops - either directlty or indirectly - that you are gonna get an offer

but they aint gonna go poking around your computer for your secrets!

i guess someone might think of doing it if you make one trade a day and make a million everyday - for months on end - but are you doing that?

you have got to be trading a few contracts and make a consistent amount of money for a reasonable period of time for anyone to be interested in you trading for them - better to make hundreds a day - day in day out and slowly increasing - than having a P&L whipsawing around

but seriously - dont worry about anyone looking at the stuff on your computer - i had a look myself and its all boring - so i told everyone else not to bother!

* 100 to 10,000 *

I think the guy means 1000 to 10,000 - which would be excellent.

100 to 10,000 is 100 X cap , which is I think would be almost impossible , in a reasonable time .

The other sentiments were spot on - funny how people have never heard of signed consolidated statements .

* starting out with 10K and then someone helps you on the way to the big time *

Not as sweet as it sounds - trading other people's money is NEVER the same as doing your own . the psychology is completely different , in a negative way ( OPM ).

The only way you even come close is to mix a large portion of your own wealth into the account.

And to all those clamouring for my records well - I owe you nothing so don't hold your breath

* I said please take everything I write with a pinch of salt. *

Nah , better make that a whole table's worth of salt

* what is the point of being so confrontational? *

if you think this is confrontational , you lead a very sheltered life.

* Look forward to the posting of your records. *

Sure as long as you don't mind I post a FANTASY version , like you post yours .

But then again I don't do things just to get a little attention , my life too full for that .

Dsmodi ,

My first and last post to you .

I am a skeptic , SO WHAT ? is there a law against this ?

Nobody asked the zow character for his records he volunteered , and so we are fully entitled to question it , no law against that either.

Have I posed as a guru and offered a course ? NO

Did I volunteer my records ? NO

Therefore I owe nobody nothing , you don't like it ? well you know what to do .

The problem with you M'sex types is that you want to air your views but you can't stand it when someone else doesn't agree with you .

Now it's you turn to lump it or leave it . Ta Ta modi .

Last edited:
Mma

Yes you don't owe anybody on this site anything (except common courtesy, politeness and general respect, which have been lacking so far) so I don't really expect records of any sort from you.....

But then why demand them from anyone else?

It seems some people like yourself are overly preoccupied with other people's p&l. I have furnished some of my figures for you, take them or leave them, they may help you, they probably won't. I think the figures are immaterial, the other stuff i've written I hope is much more useful.

Like i've said I don't object at all to you being sceptical but call me sensitive, I, and others, think you are being unnecessarily aggressive.

A whole table-top-full of salt will be worth something, they don't give it away for free at Tesco.

Last edited:
coz you VOLUNTEERED ! nobody was interested in you in the 1st place .
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. You are funny

This is my last word on this .

Good Bye

Last edited:
Funny? Well that was one reaction I originally suggested, not what I really intended but glad I could raise a smile.

Good bye to you too.

can't do it

but its a TLA

:D

ok go on then

m for mouth
m for mimics
a for xxxx