MultiCharts-14 developed Robot Algorithmic Trading Parse and Execution? ByteCode? BinaryCode?

Blonde_Angel

Hiya,

C++_0000.jpg

c-programming_0000.jpg

Execution.jpg

I've considering MultiCharts-14(latest version) capacity for developing high speed and low latency Algorithmic Trading. May someone professional answer my questions below:

1- MultiCharts-14 programming language of PowerLanguage is a front gate or some kind of domain-specific programming language that generates C++ code internally to be compiled and executed in Binary/Byte code?

2- If the MultiCharts-14 programming language generates C++ code internally, will I get the full execution speed of C++ while programming in the PowerLanguage?
e.g. In case, the MultiCharts-14 connects to a broker by FIX-API and I do Algorithmic Trading by MultiCharts-14, will I get the C++ native code execution speed from code that generated and executed from PowerLanguage?

3- Considering two scenarios below:
3-A An Algorithmic Trading Robot/EA/App developed on C++ on the {platform based}-API e.g. TWS-API and order management done by FIX-API to the same broker, our calculation of Trading-Logic-A(as selective trading logic in query) and execution of the order by FIX-API took X-nano-second.
3-B An Algorithmic Trading Robot/EA/App developed on MultiCharts-14 and order management has done by FIX-API to the same broker, our calculation of Trading-Logic-A(as same logic in query 3-A) and execution of the order by FIX-API took Y-nano-second
Will X-nano-second > Y-nano-second? (How much X is bigger than Y?)
Will X-nano-second < Y-nano-second? (How much Y is bigger than X?)
Will X-nano-second = Y-nano-second?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Last edited:
Is your algo going to be more effective by being a few nano seconds faster and if so can you say why ? Also bear in mind that the TWS-API is written in Java.

what makes you think improving latency is best done using multicharts?
why have you discounted other C++ platforms?

Is your algo going to be more effective by being a few nano seconds faster and if so can you say why ? Also bear in mind that the TWS-API is written in Java.

Hiya @Trader333

Thanks. My goal is to eliminate all the latency in the Hardware, Middleware, OS, Execution levels. The concept you asked is about the Execution level of the Algorithmic Trading Robot and my goal is to reach near-real-time speed in the Execution level by optimizing whatever if technically possible. I have few Robots, developing at the same time, and this Robot alongside the other ones is in need of optimization to reach the near-real-time Execution speed.
The concept of processing in lower nano-seconds is effective only if you are processing all the ticks data and the Robot is making decisions in the near-real-time. e.g. if Root in terms of API, Compiler, Programming Language, Robot's Logic and Algorithms, is capable of processing 1000 ticks in near-real-time, and considering we have about three new ticks in one nano-second, after one nano-seconds is passed, 997 of previously-stored ticks and three new ticks data is the new base for calculations. Assuming if the new 997+3 made the signal as:
Entry-Buy(Asset Class: Derivative-???, Position size: ???) >> Then my Robot shall send the first possible signal for the Buy position in size declared for that asset class mentioned in near-real-time to reach the Perfect Execution and Performance expected and projected estimation.

TWS-API in Java as you mentioned, but the concept here as I mentioned in the post is using MultiCharts v14 for Algorithmic Trading in this Robot, thus my execution is on PowerLanguage performance. The Logic and programming that is done on MC v14 are on PowerLanguage and C++ external programmed contents execution speed. and order management can be done on FIX-API(Broker dependent).

?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Last edited:
what makes you think improving latency is best done using multicharts?
why have you discounted other C++ platforms?

Hiya @1nvest

Thanks. There are many programming languages for low latency execution and Java, C#, C++ are my choices. Do you have a better choice, please elaborate?

By means of considering the other platforms, I do have research on many trading platforms to help me with API programming for Algorithmic Trading and using FIX-API in case the broker offers this facility. I couldn't find any proper TA in the trading platforms that offering API programming while supporting FIX-API and connecting to the brokers that are my shortlists. The only trading platform that meets all my standards for developing Algorithmic Trading was MC v14 which offers PowerLanguage and external C++ programming and a possibility to develop C# based application in its counterpart platform MC .net and if required, combine the analysis in one single signal for buy/sell in any asset class, including FX but not limited to it.

I'm here to discuss pro-advise from the top 0.01% of market traders and algorithmic traders super professionals with reference. Thus if you have any pro-advise with reference that you can prove something is higher than MC v14 that:
1- Have high-speed execution on algorithmic trading
2- Support FIX-API(broker dependent)
3- Supports C++ as an external programing language
4- Its counterpart platform MC .net have C# development facility and it has the possibility to develop C# based algorithmic trading and combine the data with the MC v14 data and create a single signal for Buy/Sell
5- Support prime brokers
6- Supports all the asset classes(Broker dependent) including but not limited to:
  1. Equities
    1. Common shares
    2. Preference shares
    3. Emerging market equities
  2. Fixed income
    1. Cash deposits/savings accounts
    2. Government bonds
    3. Corporate bonds
  3. Property
    1. Land, including forestry
    2. Residential property
    3. Commercial property
    4. Industrial property
  4. Commodities
    1. Precious metals
    2. Oil
    3. Other
  5. Hedge funds
    1. Long/short funds
    2. Global Macro funds
    3. High-frequency trading
    4. Arbitrage
  6. Venture capital
    1. Private investments
    2. Venture capital trusts
  7. Currencies
  8. Cryptocurrencies
  9. Collectables
    1. Art
    2. Alcohol
    3. Vehicles
10. Structured Products

Please mention your shortlists with a reference and comparison that why you believe that and on what logic and concept and reference that if is there a better option than MC v14 exists?

Tnx and best of luck 😇

Last edited:
Hiya @1nvest

Thanks. There are many programming languages for low latency execution and Java, C#, C++ are my choices. Do you have a better choice, please elaborate?

By means of considering the other platforms, I do have research on many trading platforms to help me with API programming for Algorithmic Trading and using FIX-API in case the broker offers this facility. I couldn't find any proper TA in the trading platforms that offering API programming while supporting FIX-API and connecting to the brokers that are my shortlists. The only trading platform that meets all my standards for developing Algorithmic Trading was MC v14 which offers PowerLanguage and external C++ programming and a possibility to develop C# based application in its counterpart platform MC .net and if required, combine the analysis in one single signal for buy/sell in any asset class, including FX but not limited to it.

I'm here to discuss pro-advise from the top 0.01% of market traders and algorithmic traders super professionals with reference. Thus if you have any pro-advise with reference that you can prove something is higher than MC v14 that:
1- Have high-speed execution on algorithmic trading
2- Support FIX-API(broker dependent)
3- Supports C++ as an external programing language
4- Its counterpart platform MC .net have C# development facility and it has the possibility to develop C# based algorithmic trading and combine the data with the MC v14 data and create a single signal for Buy/Sell
5- Support prime brokers
6- Supports all the asset classes(Broker dependent) including but not limited to:
  1. Equities
    1. Common shares
    2. Preference shares
    3. Emerging market equities
  2. Fixed income
    1. Cash deposits/savings accounts
    2. Government bonds
    3. Corporate bonds
  3. Property
    1. Land, including forestry
    2. Residential property
    3. Commercial property
    4. Industrial property
  4. Commodities
    1. Precious metals
    2. Oil
    3. Other
  5. Hedge funds
    1. Long/short funds
    2. Global Macro funds
    3. High-frequency trading
    4. Arbitrage
  6. Venture capital
    1. Private investments
    2. Venture capital trusts
  7. Currencies
  8. Cryptocurrencies
  9. Collectables
    1. Art
    2. Alcohol
    3. Vehicles
10. Structured Products

Please mention your shortlists with a reference and comparison that why you believe that and on what logic and concept and reference that if is there a better option than MC v14 exists?

Tnx and best of luck 😇
This is your project, why on earth would i do your work for you?

Great lineup of sophisticated features, you will be stuck for many years going nowhere.
The key is time-to-market, so use a no-code solution, or walk away.