MrSpreadBetting System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate,

Hope things are going well with the spread betting, and your getting more confidence day by day.. !! Dont forget, whatever anyone says -trading is like 90% psychological.. !!

You must stay DISCIPLINED and REMAIN " EMOTIONALLY DETACHED " from the market.. !!
MOST of the errors you will ever make in trading will be because of "rash decisions " YOU make based on " EMOTION - NOT LOGIC....... !! - FACT - !!

Make sure you have a game plan - and STICK TO IT
Walk before you can run - (start with small clip sizes and " slowly " increase)
Accept that the market is " ALWAYS RIGHT "......... !! - (fear/greed/hope can/will cloud your vision of the market - and that will cause emotional responses detrimental to your actual trading) -
The market will go " where it wants to "....!! -(sometimes its just your timing thats wrong - dont beat yourself up over it) -
Trade with definite goals in mind - make sure your plan includes exits as well as entries.
Stick to your plan
ADMIT THAT YOU ARE WRONG - !! - " DONT fall in love with a loosing position " - if your wrong - admit it - GET OUT - CONSERVE YOUR CASH... !! - and just wait for the next opportunity - !! (dont chase the price everywhere) - just wait.. !!
Let your profits run
Be CAREFUL when placing stops - (dont use an " arbitrary money stop loss ", which is meaningless, or set them at fixed amounts, or obvious S/R levels OR too near the MKT price -( which everyone always does) .
Practice
Theres no correlation between how many indicators you use and how much money you make - NONE...!! - So in that context, " less is MORE .... !! - KEEP IT SIMPLE.. !!

(the chart is a good example of a clean break upwards on the Euro from about last thursday - thats just pure " mass psychology at work there - it had to give at some point- !! (early xmas present to myself there) ;) - If you can start to learn about and study break-outs for example, as you can hopefully see from the example they are worth looking out for... !! -
Youll see opportunities everywhere.. !!

Good luck with it all (y)
Hi All,

Thought I would just give some feedback on the Mr Spread Betting Manual and CD as a rookie to trading. I’ve only been spread betting for the last 10 months or so. Not really making any profit but learning a lot along the way. Mainly what not to do 

I came across the T2W forum a couple of months ago and have learnt a lot just from reading many of the threads on this forum. Trader Dante, Lee Shepherd, FTSE Beater and Wasp just to name a few have posted some really good material which I have managed to read. There is still a lot more out there which I am looking forward to reading.

Anyways, I came across the Mr Spread Betting manual on this forum on the 1st thread posted which I can’t seem to find anymore. I watched and read the posts with anticipation for a week or so until finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase the manual and find out for myself.

The main reasons for this was:
1. I felt that I lacked a certain confidence in my trading (having purchased and read a couple of books, I had some knowledge but was struggling to put together what I had learnt into a trading strategy)
2. I felt that paying £150 for a manual and CD which may be able to give me some direction in my trading was far better than paying some of those companies out there which charge an exorbitant £3,000 for a weekend crash course.
3. The fact that David Robertson stood his ground after many cynics on the forum (including myself) passed him off as a scammer selling the holy grail.
4. The fact that he provided 3 people on this forum the opportunity to test the strategy really said something to me.

So I purchased the Manual and CD on Friday the 5th and received it on Tuesday the 9th. I used last week and this weekend to read over the manual twice and watch the presentations on the DVD of past examples and how to use the strategy. I then selected a sample of shares (US and UK), and an index and back tested the strategy on 6 months of data. Of which I was impressed with the very positive results. I have now started spread betting this week risking as little as possible until I gain more confidence and I must say I am very pleased with the results so far. I have not made any massive profits, but then again I am not expecting to make massive profits off the amounts I am currently risking.

I guess where the Manual has helped me is that it has given me confidence in my trading by providing a strategy in which I can follow. A strategy which covers money management, trade entries, stop losses and trailing stops. Having read a couple of books on trading I have learnt quite a bit but was struggling to put everything I learnt together into a trading strategy which would allow me to make consistent profits, always chopping and changing between strategies based on loose knowledge of what I had read or learnt from the books. Even if I only use the Mr Spread Betting strategy as a basis to start off with, hopefully making consistent profits while I further refine or develop my own strategy, I have no doubt that what I have learnt in this manual has helped ME by giving me more confidence in the trading decisions that I make.

I am by no means claiming that this is the Holy Grail to trading and I’m not telling anyone out there to go buy it. I’m just sharing my experience as a beginner on how it has helped me so that others who may be in my position can make up their own minds on whether or not to purchase.

I hope this has helped some of you out there. I will be on holiday over the Christmas period but hope to report back on some results / profits in the New Year.

P.S. I should also mention that the Mr Spread Betting forum provides support and regular postings on more recent trades which have been made which I have found quite useful.

Eur/usd

chart

Attachments

• EUR-USD.png
    EUR-USD.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 406
Hey RogueTrader,

Thanks for the advice. Agree that trading is 90% psychology. Becoming emotionally detached is definitely something I am working on. I’ve pulled out of too many trades for fear that they are moving against me only to find them rocketing in the direction I initially expected them too.

I guess all of the above will eventually come with experience, for now I will focus on getting a good and simple strategy into place and sticking to it and as you mentioned above, gradually increase my clip sizes. Hopefully I will get to a point where I can make consistent profits and then I can look into exploring other possible strategies for breakouts etc.

Good spot on the EUR/USD! I’ll have to keep an eye out for similar break outs in the future.

Appreciate your advice. Keep it coming.

Cheers

May I remind members that this thread is for system testers only as stated earlier in this thread. Please refer to post 17 Any comments on mrspreadbetting system that are unrelated to the testers should be posted to the main thread here

Further "reviews" from members will be deleted or moved to the main thread. 1st post reviews will most certainly be deleted without further warning!

Thanks

Ok.... 20 days since we started on this... anything happening guys?

Surely it must have given at least 1 signal in 20 days ;-)

Chilltrader it gives signals every week. Its comming up for xmas people are busy and have other things to do with there familys and so on leading up the the 25th, I'm sure once the guys are ready and have a little more time they will post.

Until then enjoy the holidays.

Davie

Be patient boys and girls, be patient!

Patience is the knot that secures the seam of victory.
Patience is the key of joy, but haste is the key of sorrow.
Everything comes to s/he who waits.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Etc., etc.

is anyone going to timescale this test? Perhaps agree to make it a wrap by mid Jan?

any word from the guy who was going to be risking his £700,? i think he did say he was going on holiday.

any word from the guy who was going to be risking his £700,? i think he did say he was going on holiday.

You need to have patience.

Patience is a virtue.

Patience is needed for trading.

Try looking at paint dry for 7 hrs then practice this everyday for 2 years.

When you are done then come again and ask for an update - else its assumed you
have no patience :cheesy:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

It's the holiday period and i think a lot of traders are not trading until the new year now (at least, that's what i'm doing- am i being lazy?!).

It's the holiday period and i think a lot of traders are not trading until the new year now (at least, that's what i'm doing- am i being lazy?!).

well in terms of spread betting, which is the subject at hand, some of the volatility on Crude and Forex ( yen euro and GBP) has been delicious. Xmas eve for crude was 'nice', last night (UK time) this morning also. GBP getting battered even v the yen and the Euro up versus just about any other currency on the planet ...all the talk of "lack of activity, not enough liquidity" doesn't really correspond to SB does it? Then again I don't do individual shares, only sectors (for shares), such as mining, which went ballistic this morning - up 600 points as we speak.

Feelings are important

Is the strategy based on candle stick formations or does it use indicators/moving averages/price action? Personally I'm looking for something that takes nearly all emotion out of trading decisions. I'm the sort of person that would need a mechanical system and not a discretional one. Would this be suitable? Thanks,

Sam.

Feelings are an important part of your system...Some say they are an essential ignore the feelings and they might grow stronger until you pay attention to what they are telling you....

Read the quote below from Ed:

In TTP we hold that all feelings have positive intentions and that labeling some of them as negative tends to interfere with the process of experiencing them and extracting their value.

Fractionators who divide feelings into good and bad tend to put fear and anger in the bad category and love and peacefulness in the good category.

Such people may show reticence to experience and / or express fear and anger and tend may have problems managing boundaries and risk.

The above quote is found here:Ed's FAQ November 1, 2008

Read what Market Wizard Ed Seykota says about feelings: Ed Seykota - Wikiquote

Last edited:
You need to have patience.

Patience is a virtue.

Patience is needed for trading.

Try looking at paint dry for 7 hrs then practice this everyday for 2 years.

When you are done then come again and ask for an update - else its assumed you
have no patience :cheesy:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

12 months should be about right

Hi everyone,

I really wanted to apologise for the delay in getting things off the ground. Like a lot of things in my life lately, I started out on this experiment with the best intentions but just have not had the time to see it through. I'm not going to take up this thread with the ins and out of my personal issues or we might be here all day but I've been working pretty much every hour that God sends both trading, teaching and learning myself. I've also had to deal with the breakup of my long term relationship which hit me pretty hard which is why I've totally neglected this (and a few other threads I started).

I would like to continue with this at some stage and put some money on the line as promised but right now, I can't put a timeframe on that. I don't want to play this system in a half ars*d way as it won't do MrSB any justice whatsoever.

So I'm really going to have to bow out for the meantime with my sincerest apologies and would direct readers to look at my early posts on this thread where I outlined what was in the material with my comments and in some part reservations.

As I haven't tested it, I really can't say whether it is profitable but I can say that for the money, you do get a decent amount of informative material which offers not only a complete system but also offers other ideas for trading setups and gives a well rounded introduction into the business including the construction of a trading plan. There is also a forum that appears to have many people that discuss potential setups and help those that are new to the system gain an understanding of it. MrSB himself regularly posts on this too.

Once again, my apologies both to MrSB and to the readers of this thread and I hope to come back to this at some stage again in the future.

I wish you all a profitable 2009.

Tom

Hi everyone,

I really wanted to apologise for the delay in getting things off the ground. Like a lot of things in my life lately, I started out on this experiment with the best intentions but just have not had the time to see it through. I'm not going to take up this thread with the ins and out of my personal issues or we might be here all day but I've been working pretty much every hour that God sends both trading, teaching and learning myself. I've also had to deal with the breakup of my long term relationship which hit me pretty hard which is why I've totally neglected this (and a few other threads I started).

I would like to continue with this at some stage and put some money on the line as promised but right now, I can't put a timeframe on that. I don't want to play this system in a half ars*d way as it won't do MrSB any justice whatsoever.

So I'm really going to have to bow out for the meantime with my sincerest apologies and would direct readers to look at my early posts on this thread where I outlined what was in the material with my comments and in some part reservations.

As I haven't tested it, I really can't say whether it is profitable but I can say that for the money, you do get a decent amount of informative material which offers not only a complete system but also offers other ideas for trading setups and gives a well rounded introduction into the business including the construction of a trading plan. There is also a forum that appears to have many people that discuss potential setups and help those that are new to the system gain an understanding of it. MrSB himself regularly posts on this too.

Once again, my apologies both to MrSB and to the readers of this thread and I hope to come back to this at some stage again in the future.

I wish you all a profitable 2009.

Tom

Hi thats no problem, your personal life comes 1st!!

Davie

Status
Not open for further replies.