MrSpreadBetting System

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the greatest possible respect (as politicians say), your posts suggest that you don't have the right attitude to trade successfully, whether Mr SB's method 'works' or not.

had pointed this out to nico in an earlier post regarding his lack of patience and dedication to learning the many facets of trading. Apart from writing an abusive reply he still hasn't grasped the fact that MrSpreadbetting isn't going to make him rich via littls effort. This thread is concerned with analysis and observation which will take time - maybe several months. So Nico - shut up and observe.

Hi
I thought I should make a post since theres some that are wondering whats going on.

First off trader_dante made it clear toy everyone that he would NOT post the trades until after they were closed!

This is for a few reasons mainly so to protect the system thats in the manual, and also to stop people trading along or tring to figure the system out.

Maybe he has not entered any trades yet, or maybe hes in some, I do not know.

Trading takes time and effort. My manual is not a playstation 3 where you un-wrap it and off you go playing it, it takes a while for everything to sink in and then set out before applying it!

If you cant handle that "time, effort and Patience" is a major part of trading then maybe the other guys is right, trading is not for you, and that is not be being abusive.

Trying to force trades is a big mistake, you simply cant go looking for them and trying to trade every little signal or set up thats on the market. You have to wait for the trades to come to you, do the calculations, analyz the set up and then decide if you should pull the trigger!

Also before I go, the 3 reviewers also have lifes to lead, and since they are spending there own time reviewing my manual its only right they take there time and do it when they have time to spare.

Davie

Davie (or anyone else who uses sharescope),

I've just downloaded the trial version of sharescope and want to know if its possible to change the default timeframe on the charts. They all start with like 13 years history on them. I know how to zoom in but I'd like them be set to open with 1 year history as default so I can scan through them quickly. Anyone know how to do it? Sorry for hijacking the thread but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this 1 question. Thanks,

Sam.

Open sharescope and hover over the chart, right click the mouse and a menu will pop up, scroll down to "limit date rage" and click on that, you will then see the boxes in which to use in order to do this.

Davie

Open sharescope and hover over the chart, right click the mouse and a menu will pop up, scroll down to "limit date rage" and click on that, you will then see the boxes in which to use in order to do this.

Davie

Nice one Davie your a ledge ;)

Sam.

Mr Spread Betting Product Review

Here is my review of the package that comprises the “Mr Spread Betting” product. I would have done this earlier but I have been much more busy than expected. This review is not about trading signals that may be given and is more about the credibility and suitability for potential users.

The package consists of a 133 page book and accompanying DVD.

The main focus of the product is on swing trading stocks which are primarily UK but does include US as well. There is also a day-trading method which is also used on stocks.

The author discusses the concepts of risk and reward and explains in detail what these are and how it is of relevance to the strategy used.

The purpose of the package is to short cut time and expense that most traders encounter when learning how to trade.

The manual then discusses the very basics of spread betting with examples to illustrate this and the view that markets are driven by fear and greed.

The next stage is about what constitutes a good strategy, a little about the history of trading, typical daily volumes of FTSE companies and what may cause prices to rise or fall.

From this the different types of analysis are discussed and reasons given for why the chosen type of analysis is appropriate for the strategy.

Basic chart knowledge is further discussed with more examples and a self test personality profile to determine user suitability to spread betting and that certain emotional profiles may not be suited to this.

Planning of trades is discussed in detail with suggestions as to maximum risk exposure.

A number of rules are given that cover trade entry, management and exit. These are unambiguous in that there is no discretion for the user. Examples of each of the rules and concepts behind them are given that are clear and easy to follow. In certain circumstances trades are managed based on particular market conditions which is also discussed and clearly described.

There is discussion on selecting exactly what to trade and why this is important. The author then discusses quite a lot of market scenarios, how to recognise them and the importance of keeping records and what this should include.

Near the end a day-trading method is discussed which again has clear entry, management and exit rules.

The DVD complements the manual where the author discusses in two separate presentations both the strategy and patterns and is useful for reinforcing the knowledge given in the manual.

In my view the key to the success of this strategy is the way in which the author selects what to trade and that a basket approach can be used. The author has an approach that is somewhat different to other approaches. For anyone who knows anything about trading stocks, they will know that diversifying risk is very important and basket trading is a good way of doing this.

This would suit beginners and intermediates who need clear rules on what to do and when whilst trading. Users also get the benefit of ongoing support given via the website. It is unlikely to suit those who cannot stick to rules when trading or that prefer a discretionary / intuitive approach to trading.

thanks for the review, trader333. It sounds great in that it is a direct, disciplined approach that doesn't leave room for guessing- a good idea when first starting out.

Is the strategy based on candle stick formations or does it use indicators/moving averages/price action? Personally I'm looking for something that takes nearly all emotion out of trading decisions. I'm the sort of person that would need a mechanical system and not a discretional one. Would this be suitable? Thanks,

Sam.

Hello All,

I have read half the book so far and will read the other half on holiday so far so good, its laid out and explained well, and from a newbie point of view, its clear which is important will get back to you once finished and placed some trades,

aston

Is the strategy based on candle stick formations or does it use indicators/moving averages/price action? Personally I'm looking for something that takes nearly all emotion out of trading decisions. I'm the sort of person that would need a mechanical system and not a discretional one. Would this be suitable? Thanks,

Sam.

Hi,

The system in the manual uses indicators, price action and MA's.

The system is easy to use once you have practiced with it a few times, say on a demo account just to get used to the signals and so on.

MR Spreadbetting

throw us a bone, post a chart of one of your trades

It would be interesting to see the type of setup these guys would be looking for without giving away too much of the info in the manual for free.

cheers

Last edited:
Well I don't know what you want me to show you exactley.

I can not show you to much detail! but as the ones who have my manual will know I'm a big fan of RIO & GOOGLE I trade these 2 shares/stocks everyday via day trading and also with my manual system when they signal!

The chart I have posted isn't really going to show or tell you much, and PLEASE understand the chart is not to impress anyone! its just a chart that you asked for based on 1 of my fav shares "RIO"

There was 1 buy(long) and 3 sells(shorts) which made around 3000 points(ticks)

Davie

image_preview.php
[/url][/IMG]

that's cheating- you've hidden the indicators :)

Just kidding- thanks for sharing as much as you have Davie. You have been most helpful unlike a lot of other people selling things on here! Good entries on your chart-- great stuff.

that's cheating- you've hidden the indicators :)

Just kidding- thanks for sharing as much as you have Davie. You have been most helpful unlike a lot of other people selling things on here! Good entries on your chart-- great stuff.

Hi,

Thanks. Well there is more to it than what I have on the chart,but like I say I cant give any more details. There certain things to look for and base on the price for confirming and so on.

Davie

Cheers Mr SB

Just thought it'd be nice to have a chart of two. bit of colour to keep us with short attention spans hooked!

All looks good to me, i can see why you trade RIO lot of good moves in that one, although the order book tends to be a bit thin at times so you've got to watch out for the odd spike on nothing, i think at one point today it traded up 20p on nothing and was back down within 30 seconds, probably taking a few stops with it! Crikey it's up 50% from the lows in about a week!

Come on guys, its taken him 10 years of work to get where he is now!!! He's not exactly gonna give it all away for free!!! I think £150 is more than reasonable. I actually really admire the guy. He came on to fight his corner after certain people suggested he might be a scam artist, not only that but he send 3 copies of his system to members on here for absolutely nothing, and has answered everyones questions honestly. Sounds like he's an honest entrepreneurial guy who's not trying to rip anyone off, just sell a product that he firmly believes in and uses himself. I'm currently trying to develop my own system but if it doesn't work out I'll definately be purchasing his product. Well done Davie!

Sam.

P.S. Trader333 can I have your copy now? lol

Mr Spread Betting Manual - ReView from a beginner

Hi All,

Thought I would just give some feedback on the Mr Spread Betting Manual and CD as a rookie to trading. I’ve only been spread betting for the last 10 months or so. Not really making any profit but learning a lot along the way. Mainly what not to do 

I came across the T2W forum a couple of months ago and have learnt a lot just from reading many of the threads on this forum. Trader Dante, Lee Shepherd, FTSE Beater and Wasp just to name a few have posted some really good material which I have managed to read. There is still a lot more out there which I am looking forward to reading.

Anyways, I came across the Mr Spread Betting manual on this forum on the 1st thread posted which I can’t seem to find anymore. I watched and read the posts with anticipation for a week or so until finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase the manual and find out for myself.

The main reasons for this was:
1. I felt that I lacked a certain confidence in my trading (having purchased and read a couple of books, I had some knowledge but was struggling to put together what I had learnt into a trading strategy)
2. I felt that paying £150 for a manual and CD which may be able to give me some direction in my trading was far better than paying some of those companies out there which charge an exorbitant £3,000 for a weekend crash course.
3. The fact that David Robertson stood his ground after many cynics on the forum (including myself) passed him off as a scammer selling the holy grail.
4. The fact that he provided 3 people on this forum the opportunity to test the strategy really said something to me.

So I purchased the Manual and CD on Friday the 5th and received it on Tuesday the 9th. I used last week and this weekend to read over the manual twice and watch the presentations on the DVD of past examples and how to use the strategy. I then selected a sample of shares (US and UK), and an index and back tested the strategy on 6 months of data. Of which I was impressed with the very positive results. I have now started spread betting this week risking as little as possible until I gain more confidence and I must say I am very pleased with the results so far. I have not made any massive profits, but then again I am not expecting to make massive profits off the amounts I am currently risking.

I guess where the Manual has helped me is that it has given me confidence in my trading by providing a strategy in which I can follow. A strategy which covers money management, trade entries, stop losses and trailing stops. Having read a couple of books on trading I have learnt quite a bit but was struggling to put everything I learnt together into a trading strategy which would allow me to make consistent profits, always chopping and changing between strategies based on loose knowledge of what I had read or learnt from the books. Even if I only use the Mr Spread Betting strategy as a basis to start off with, hopefully making consistent profits while I further refine or develop my own strategy, I have no doubt that what I have learnt in this manual has helped ME by giving me more confidence in the trading decisions that I make.

I am by no means claiming that this is the Holy Grail to trading and I’m not telling anyone out there to go buy it. I’m just sharing my experience as a beginner on how it has helped me so that others who may be in my position can make up their own minds on whether or not to purchase.

I hope this has helped some of you out there. I will be on holiday over the Christmas period but hope to report back on some results / profits in the New Year.

P.S. I should also mention that the Mr Spread Betting forum provides support and regular postings on more recent trades which have been made which I have found quite useful.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have plans for the future to give the manual buyers much more than what they paid for!

I have ideas still to add which will involve me hosting live web training for my customers in the new year.

Really this will be me holding free classes to all my customers for 2 hours a night 2 nights a week.

Like I said on other posts I don't want to take money for the manual and just leave you to! I want to supply and coach you with what I know and how I do it.

Classes with host me trading live on your screen showing and telling you what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, I will be using many techniques for day trading the future contracts and so on.

This is just 1 of the many projects I have in mind to give my manual buyers free and on going support.

A mentor is not just for xmas its for life. (sad saying yes I know!):)

Davie

Status
Not open for further replies.