More DOW Comp errors!

Bluewave

It would appear points are being added to the leaderboard with the incorrect closing value being used. The T2W value lags the actual DOW value, so at 21:00 each Friday the T2W closing value used to give the scorings is not the true close.

e.g. last week the DOW closed at 10,600.30 (confimed by Yahoo and Stockcharts.com), yet on the DOW comp. page last week's close is confimed as 10,582. And after today's close at 10,559 (Yahoo and Stockcharts.com concur on this value), T2W has awarded points for the "current value" of 10,621!

Thus, GregSkul has been awarded 5+5 points, but in fact it should be KiltedWarrior who got the 5+5 points!

How long has this error been going on? :(

Hi Blue,

I'll look into this in more detail. Leave it with me.

We'll change the closing value to 11pm to compensate for any possible lag - and I'll try and fix the scoring (although it's not a simple fix :( )

Having checked the results for the current competition,

Dow Close (T2W Recorded Close | Actual Close)

Week 1 (Aug 12th): 10582 | 10600
Week 2 (Aug 19th): 10613 | 10559
Week 3 (Aug 26th): 10396 | 10397

We'll need to spend some time fixing the first two weeks which are obviously incorrect - this won't happen now until next week (but importantly, before the competition ends next Fri). We're moving the closure time to 11pm tonight, so it should be good for next week.

...umm, this week needs fixing also!

DOW closed today at 10447.37. 5+5 points awarded to Joules for his guess of 10473, but should have gone to Ale with a guess of 10450!

I feel like I'm becomming too pedantic, lol.

Looks like I'll have my work cut out this weekend - unravelling it all.

I'll make sure that we correct all the dow scores and award the points to the correct users.

Watch this space!

Bluewave said:
...umm, this week needs fixing also!

DOW closed today at 10447.37. 5+5 points awarded to Joules for his guess of 10473, but should have gone to Ale with a guess of 10450!

I feel like I'm becomming too pedantic, lol.

Thank goodness somebody is awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dow Contest Results

:rolleyes:
Pat494 said:
Thank goodness somebody is awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pat, have a look at WED 7th Sept Leader board showed 10,610 and the Dow closed at 10,633 ????

Left Hand ? Right Hand ? Left Hand ? Right Hand ?
this may run & run !
Regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sharky said:
Looks like I'll have my work cut out this weekend - unravelling it all.

I'll make sure that we correct all the dow scores and award the points to the correct users.

Watch this space!
================================================================

" Watch this space"

I'm not! :cool: :LOL: What for? :rolleyes:

Bull

Yeah - not forgotten! Sorry for the delay, I'm hoping we can sort this out tomorrow, or otherwise no later than Weds. At which time the prize I'll also announce the prize for the share competition,

Dow contest results incorrect for week ending Friday 30th September the true Dow close was 10,568.70 winner was dow dog with 10,560 but will this be fixed ?
Do not hold your breath as posts to correct are ignored.

Yes - I'll fix this right away. We now have a script to correct this problem, so it's no longer a 'big job'. It's frustrating that problem persists, as I though we'd fixed it, but I'll take another look now. Posts are never ignored, we're just a bit slow sometimes to react, often because we're trying to do, too many things at once!

I've corrected both last friday's close and the previous ones - since they were both wrong.

Last Fri was 10569, and the previous one was 10420. Having changed these values the levels for lower/same/higher also changed and the results were recalculated based on the predicted entry points.

Last week's winner therefore was Joules MM1 who had a prediction of 10570 (not dow dog with 10560 as twiglet suggested), and the current leader is now Twiggytwo with 15 points.

Dow Comp errors

Sharky said:
I've corrected both last friday's close and the previous ones - since they were both wrong.

Last Fri was 10569, and the previous one was 10420. Having changed these values the levels for lower/same/higher also changed and the results were recalculated based on the predicted entry points.

Last week's winner therefore was Joules MM1 who had a prediction of 10570 (not dow dog with 10560 as twiglet suggested), and the current leader is now Twiggytwo with 15 points.

Hi Sharky, you are correct Joules MM1 was last weeks winner with10,570.
regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: